• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Carson Palmer: Though a huge upgrade over the QB play the Cardinals had last year, Palmer has always been mistake prone. He's averaging just shy of 2 INTs a game this season, and if forced to make plays to win it could turn out bad for the Cardinals.

Run Defense: Though I've been a little critical of our run D over the last couple seasons, this game could be a huge Godsend. The Cardinals once again have a horrible run game despite bringing Rashard Mendenhall in. Andre Ellington has provided a spark, but outside him the team is averaging 3 yards a carry. This should make it so that Palmer will need to make plays against the 2nd ranked pass defense to win the game.

Zach Miller & Luke Willson: Arizona has been bad against TEs this season (32-566-6) and have given up huge games against every decent TE they've faced.

Negatives:

3 Day Turnaround: This is really a negative for both teams. Any time you don't get your normal week it can throw you off on your preparation. It could be a struggle to stay on sync throughout the game.

Arizona: The Seahawks have been bad in Arizona in the past. 4-9 all time. There've been some really good Seahawks teams that lost to some bad Cardinals teams in the desert.

Patchwork Offensive Line: Arizona has a very good front 7 that has been getting to full strength the last couple weeks. The Seahawks line is still down 2 starters and another out of position. The Cards could/would/should try to exploit the weakness on the team. They have the DBs to potentially leave on an island while trying to snuff out the run and get to the QB.

Match ups:

Strength on Strength: The Seahawks are putting their #2 run offense up against the Cardinals #5 run defense. The Seahawks are gonna need to have success on the run to open up the pass game, especially with a line that is more run blocking heavy than normal.

Fitzgerald & Floyd vs. LOB: The 2 WRs account for half of the Cardinals passing production. The Seahawks do have the personnel to shut down 2 good large WRs, and they are gonna need to take Palmer's weapons away as much as possible, make him throw in coverage.

Turnovers: Seattle has created 17 turnovers and have committed 10, while Arizona has created 12 while committing 15. Both teams have caused at least 1 each game this season, but at the same time neither has had a completely turnover free game. Whoever can protect the ball could be the one to come out on top.

Overview:

NFC West games are all important, but for some reason Seattle has more problems with Arizona than the other 2. Arizona needs this game to stay in the West hunt, as falling too 3-4 could be the end of their hopes of the division (not to mention it may require a 7-2 record the rest of the way to get a wild card spot). Seattle needs to win to keep HFA firmly in sight, and they need to win these games if they are gonna have to go on the road this playoffs. These defenses are both very good and take great pride in their success. It should be a close game (barring Defensive/special teams tds).

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking the chances of Arizona covering the spread this game but I think Seattle wins. Still, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Zona squeaked out a victory at home. Seems legit that this game will come down to who wins the TO battle.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just plunked 250 vcash on Seattle to cover....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are 0-17 the last 3 years when allowing more then 22 points. There's our magic number. I don't think it will take that much points to win but 22 would assure it.

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, our defense might get that much...:cool:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest match up for today's game...

Seattle Seahawks vs Seattle Seahawks
- Our worst enemy these past couple of weeks have been us. Self inflicted wounds have cost us at least 30 points in the past couple of games

- blocked fg returned for td vs Indy (10 pts)
- Mishandled fg, fumble returned for td vs Tenn (10 pts)
- Sherman/Thomas blown zone coverage leading to Hilton td (7 pts)
- The numerous penalties keeping drives alive or stalling our own drives (can't truly quantify these pts but they potentially could have cost us 10-13 pts)

Honestly, I think if we don't beat ourselves today we will win the game and cover the spread.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be looking for the play calling to improve and efficiency in the red zone. We're settling for FGs way too often.

As far as the play calling goes, just about every time we get a nice 1st down run for 5 or 6 yards, the D stacks the box and I say "Don't run it again." What do you know? We run up the gut into a pile of defenders and lose yards. I don't understand this. 2nd and short or medium is prime time for Russel Wilson to do his thing. Bootleg, Read Option, Play action and throw deep. All of these are better options than running right into what the defense is prepared for.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be looking for the play calling to improve and efficiency in the red zone. We're settling for FGs way too often.

As far as the play calling goes, just about every time we get a nice 1st down run for 5 or 6 yards, the D stacks the box and I say "Don't run it again." What do you know? We run up the gut into a pile of defenders and lose yards. I don't understand this. 2nd and short or medium is prime time for Russel Wilson to do his thing. Bootleg, Read Option, Play action and throw deep. All of these are better options than running right into what the defense is prepared for.

:agree: Could not have said this better myself. I hate the 5 yard first down run, then loss of 2-3 on second down setting up 3 and long with no pass protection, it is so :gaah:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we will see more Turbin early in the game to less the load on Lynch, especially with a short week and the fact that lynch was hurt last week?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see him more because we will be in 3rd and long alot. #5 run defense on the road is no joke. It is going to be a battle in the trenches. They faced a tough Niners team and our O-line is still very shaky.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks! PRIMETIME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of what you are saying blstoker but,,,
Strength on Strength: The Seahawks are putting their #2 run offense up against the Cardinals #5 run defense. The Seahawks are gonna need to have success on the run to open up the pass game, especially with a line that is more run blocking heavy than normal.

I have a hunch and i may be way off base but i think we try airing it out from the get go to set up the run,sounds crazy? maybe,but i think RW is going to have a big game.

Not only that but we have not had a good all clicking game yet this year imo and we are due.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Chris Clemons is active, I thought no way he was gonna play. Great News!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest match up for today's game...

Seattle Seahawks vs Seattle Seahawks
- Our worst enemy these past couple of weeks have been us. Self inflicted wounds have cost us at least 30 points in the past couple of games

- blocked fg returned for td vs Indy (10 pts)
- Mishandled fg, fumble returned for td vs Tenn (10 pts)
- Sherman/Thomas blown zone coverage leading to Hilton td (7 pts)
- The numerous penalties keeping drives alive or stalling our own drives (can't truly quantify these pts but they potentially could have cost us 10-13 pts)

Honestly, I think if we don't beat ourselves today we will win the game and cover the spread.

:agree:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, got my seat at the sports bar, beer in hand. Can't wait for kickoff.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just woke up. It is 2:30 am here. Got the PC fired up and the live feed going.

Need the DB's to live up to their rep. The Cards have no running game so stop the passing and they will have trouble putting up points.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we will see more Turbin early in the game to less the load on Lynch, especially with a short week and the fact that lynch was hurt last week?

That's the only reason I was concerned about our sloppy play last week, that the starters didn't get any rest at the end of the game. I thought the drafting of Michael meant that we'd see more of the back up running backs, but Lynch is on pace for 310 carries and 35 catches, that would be more touches than last year. Turbin and Michael combines are on pace for 77 carries and 11 catches, which is fewer touches than Turbin had by himself last year.

With the wear and tear on the RB on a short week, it could be a possibility to see Turbin more often.

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted earlier i put down 250 vcash on hawks, I was wrong, it was 300...

I went big because this is a nationally televised game, and most times, we just bring the big hammer out for these.

Remember Philly (I think) on Monday night football a few years ago? It was amazing last year as well. I think we dominate.