• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Question

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit work, pays like shit. Think that's true where ever you live. That would make Seattle a tough place for you, cause it cost some $ to live here. However you seem to have a good grasp of the English language, so you could do sales. Lots of decent sales jobs here. Have a friend that sold security equipment. Decent base pay, plus commission, a company car, benefits . Only went to the office once a week, but lots of traveling to see customers. My friend is a she and did really well, but really hated being on the road so much.

Yeah woman have two assets that I do not.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure aim outside the city limits. The further away, the better the value. Where to rent, depends on where you work, traffic can be a real bitch here, so try to rent close to where you and your spouse work. Hopefully that isn't down town in Seattle.
If your moving before landing a job, try not to sign a long lease.

Your traffice drove me crazy. I don't know how you guys do it every day.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your traffice drove me crazy. I don't know how you guys do it every day.
I go to work at 3:30 am, no traffic. Takes about 12 minutes to get to work. Coming home is like 20 or 25 minutes. I try to stay local as much as possible to avoid traffic. About the only time it's a problem is going to OLY to see my mom and sister, man I hate that drive. 45 minutes if traffic is prefect, usually takes a hour and half to get home, it can turn into longer if there is a wreck. I was on my way back once when there was a wreck, took close to 4 hours and I almost ran out of gas.:crazy:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to work at 3:30 am, no traffic. Takes about 12 minutes to get to work. Coming home is like 20 or 25 minutes. I try to stay local as much as possible to avoid traffic. About the only time it's a problem is going to OLY to see my mom and sister, man I hate that drive. 45 minutes if traffic is prefect, usually takes a hour and half to get home, it can turn into longer if there is a wreck. I was on my way back once when there was a wreck, took close to 4 hours and I almost ran out of gas.:crazy:

Last year we were out for my cousins wedding and stayed at their place in Bellevue and I was told about a really good bakery to try out (can't remember the name or where but damn good). Suppose to take about 20mins which turned into 45 to 50 min drive without a wreck. Let's say my anger hit the high level:gaah: but after all that, still got some good eats at that place.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victoria is a nice looking city but:

- lil pricey
- North of the border

Good town to visit for a weekend
Been quite some time since I visited Canada. Back in the years before a passport was necessary.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been quite some time since I visited Canada. Back in the years before a passport was necessary.

We are good. Nearing a federal election where all 3 major parties are nearly running neck to neck with a new government winning out( not the ruling party).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live in Spokane, WA... Much better place to live...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Harold said south is where it is most affordable

Renton, Kent, Auburn are solid choices

I prefer Renton because it's right in the middle of everything. It's a quick drive to Bellevue (affluent area), 25 min to Seattle (Downtown, Centurylink, Safeco, bars, clubs, restaurants), 10 min to the Southcenter area (Mall, food, shopping, close to Costco) and close to White Center if you are into cultural food (Pho, taco trucks, etc.)

Renton itself is a pretty decent city. It's home to the Seahawks (where they practice). They have the landing where you have a decent amount of shops (Frys, Lowes, Target, etc) and food choices with a nice movie theater. Close to a Walmart. Some nice local pubs too.

I lived in Renton for about a year or so. Rent for a 2 bedroom and 2.5 bath was 1425 split between myself and a friend.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live in Spokane, WA... Much better place to live...
Nothing wrong with Spokane (unless you want to go to all the Hawks games), but if your aim is to move close to Seattle then Spokane is not really checking the box.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look in Snohomish County Craigslist for job and employment opportunities. I love the North end. i am about 35 miles N of Seattle.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For price and amenities, I love Tacoma. (Ducks quickly...)

No, really, housing is still reasonably affordable, city has some great places like Point Defiance and the Ruston waterfront, Chihuly Museum, beautiful water veiws all over the place, and if you stay north of sixth avenue, low crime.

We rent a two bedroom house six blocks up from Narrows Marina for $1,300 a month. If you've ever seen the movie, 10 things I hate about you, that was filmed at the high school I went to, Stadium High...

I spent most of my life either in LA or right outside NYC, and am so glad to be back here, I love it.