• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question from the Broncos board

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over on the Broncos board they proposed this question to a Hawks fan and wanted to post over here, what's you opinion?

"If you only have one option, would you rather San Francisco keep winning and Denver keep losing to make the first rounder you have form us better, or would you rather have Denver keep winning and San Francisco keep losing to make your pick worse, but you can make fun of a division rival?"

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver to keep losing and get a better pick. Remember this year was never supposed to be a playoff team, so getting a top 10 pick and having the young guys learn how to win, and maybe experience a wild card game would do wonders for rebuilding this team.

Maybe next year they are a real threat for a superbowl... well time will tell.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran keep losing. Winning the division would be HUGE for Seattle and their young roster. I love the idea of better draft picks, but making the playoffs and winning the division outright for Seattle has a FAR bigger impact on the locker room.

Let's not forget free agency. Free agents are FAR more likely to come to Seattle if they make the playoffs and have a winning record. AND, the rookies we do draft are going to play even harder coming to a team with a winning philosophy and locker room leaders with playoff experience.

Been saying it all offseason and saying it well before this offseason.... winning games is more important than draft picks... and making the playoffs (whether wild card, division winners, etc.) is HUUUUGE. So if I can take San Fran losing which betters our chance at doing that, I'll take it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran keep losing. Winning the division would be HUGE for Seattle and their young roster. I love the idea of better draft picks, but making the playoffs and winning the division outright for Seattle has a FAR bigger impact on the locker room.

Let's not forget free agency. Free agents are FAR more likely to come to Seattle if they make the playoffs and have a winning record. AND, the rookies we do draft are going to play even harder coming to a team with a winning philosophy and locker room leaders with playoff experience.

Been saying it all offseason and saying it well before this offseason.... winning games is more important than draft picks... and making the playoffs (whether wild card, division winners, etc.) is HUUUUGE. So if I can take San Fran losing which betters our chance at doing that, I'll take it.

But this scenario has little to do with the Seahawks winning. In fact, we're already winning, so SF losing only changes that for 1 game.

How about we keep winning and Denver keeps losing so we get the best of both worlds?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this scenario has little to do with the Seahawks winning. In fact, we're already winning, so SF losing only changes that for 1 game.

How about we keep winning and Denver keeps losing so we get the best of both worlds?

Well sure, of course I'd take that scenario. But I'll still take Denver winning one game and a guaranteed San Fran losing one game (who looks like our competition for the NFC West at the moment, but could change after today) over Denver losing and getting a bit of a better draft pick. I want Seattle winning and everyone else in the NFC losing.... yes draft picks are important, but wins are all that matters.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say Broncos losing, we get their 1st and second and both can be high picks if they keep losing… This team can be in a DAM special place next year if we nail another draft, imagine! As far as this year we just need to keep winning, beat the Niners when we face them at home, take care of our own business !

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this even a serious question?

Denver losing to give Seattle a higher draft choice has the potential to impact the team for at least 4-5 years with an improved draft choice.

Get your team better > one season of how a rival finishes their season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer is Denver keeps losing.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is easy; SF continuing to lose only matters at all if the Hawks are what they are starting to look like, which makes SF losing moot. Denver losing should be everyone's answer

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver losing and LOSING BAD! for that #1 pick. Top 5 would be cool also I'm not to picky! lol

Better Question Do Denver fans still think they are a better team than Seattle? lol

Denver fan In August: Oh we got a better Oline, Better running backs, Better QB our WR's are as good as Seattle's our defense is better blah blah blah lmao

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver losing and LOSING BAD! for that #1 pick. Top 5 would be cool also I'm not to picky! lol

Better Question Do Denver fans still think they are a better team than Seattle? lol

Denver fan In August: Oh we got a better Oline, Better running backs, Better QB our WR's are as good as Seattle's our defense is better blah blah blah lmao

1. Said it numerous times.... their OL was on par with ours (when we had Duane Brown) - Wilson generates a lot of sacks himself. I was wrong on one account, I thought it would be midseason before the talking heads started questioning the OL in Denver.... turns out that only took until week 3.
  2. Their WRs were better? LMFAO puhlease. Jeudy has POTENTIAL but has never done anything relevant, and Sutton is a 1 year wonder. Then they got rid of Fant.
  3. Runningbacks were better? Uh, no. If Penny could actually stay healthy he's just as good and Gordon is approaching the magical 30 years of age where runningbacks become irrelevant or backups at best. Obviously Walker was an unknown (I really hope Seattle dials back his carries though, no reason to break our new toy).

Then, their OL coach left, their head coach left, and the DC left.... so how in the wide world of fuck was the situation better? It still blows my mind that not only Denver fans but analysts and media talking heads all penciled the Broncos in as a Super Bowl contender. I thought (and I said on this forum) they'd be lucky to get a wild card spot.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Said it numerous times.... their OL was on par with ours (when we had Duane Brown) - Wilson generates a lot of sacks himself. I was wrong on one account, I thought it would be midseason before the talking heads started questioning the OL in Denver.... turns out that only took until week 3.
  2. Their WRs were better? LMFAO puhlease. Jeudy has POTENTIAL but has never done anything relevant, and Sutton is a 1 year wonder. Then they got rid of Fant.
  3. Runningbacks were better? Uh, no. If Penny could actually stay healthy he's just as good and Gordon is approaching the magical 30 years of age where runningbacks become irrelevant or backups at best. Obviously Walker was an unknown (I really hope Seattle dials back his carries though, no reason to break our new toy).

Then, their OL coach left, their head coach left, and the DC left.... so how in the wide world of fuck was the situation better? It still blows my mind that not only Denver fans but analysts and media talking heads all penciled the Broncos in as a Super Bowl contender. I thought (and I said on this forum) they'd be lucky to get a wild card spot.
AND the NFL gave them seven nationally televised games against Seattles two which includes the Thursday night mandatory game. As bad as everyone was in predicting Denver’s season was equally bad in predicting Seattles, rightfully so. It’s time to start flexing us on Sunday nights.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND the NFL gave them seven nationally televised games against Seattles two which includes the Thursday night mandatory game. As bad as everyone was in predicting Denver’s season was equally bad in predicting Seattles, rightfully so. It’s time to start flexing us on Sunday nights.

Sunday night games I'm fine with. No Thursday or Monday night games please (and fuck Europe - not happy at all that we have to play the Bucs this weekend there)..... I hate the short/long weeks.... it just racks up more injuries....

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Denver losing. I am not going to lie and say it doesnt feel sweet watching RW take all this heat after the media and the league was sucking his ass for leaving for Denver.

With that being said my personal answer is whatever the Seahawks are doing is the only thing that matters because thats what the team can control. There is no use in putting energy into hoping either the Broncos and 49ers losing to other teams.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a no-brainer: Denver keep losing. As it is, we are already 1.5 games up on SF and that's even with them beating us earlier. We could lose to them again and still be a game up by just matching them elsewise. We don't need them to be bad to win the division, while Denver being bad while we are rolling is best of both worlds.