• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Question

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like the busiest Seattle board so I figured I would ask here. If one had the desire to move to Seattle area what would be a nice but still fairly affordable town to live in?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go North toward the Lynnwood area... Even the Everett area if you want cheaper rent... although the dam rent prices keep rising and rising around Seattle ... But the closer you get to the city the more expensive it's gonna get.... Bellevue is a clean nice city, but your gonna pay more ... It's probably about 12-15 miles from Seattle ... Bellevue is growing like crazy, but it's an awesome city ... Low crime, clean, high class .... If your into more woods and mountains there is a town called North Bend that's about 35 miles East of Seattle, it's in the foothills of the mountains towards Snoqualmie pass .... 20 miles from a ski resort ... Lot's of choices really ... Just avoid living right near the city though, MAN rent is soaring...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victoria is a nice looking city but:

- lil pricey
- North of the border

Good town to visit for a weekend

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victoria is a nice looking city but:

- lil pricey
- North of the border

Good town to visit for a weekend

North of the border like Canada. or like out of the Seattle Metropolis area.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go North toward the Lynnwood area... Even the Everett area if you want cheaper rent... although the dam rent prices keep rising and rising around Seattle ... But the closer you get to the city the more expensive it's gonna get.... Bellevue is a clean nice city, but your gonna pay more ... It's probably about 12-15 miles from Seattle ... Bellevue is growing like crazy, but it's an awesome city ... Low crime, clean, high class .... If your into more woods and mountains there is a town called North Bend that's about 35 miles East of Seattle, it's in the foothills of the mountains towards Snoqualmie pass .... 20 miles from a ski resort ... Lot's of choices really ... Just avoid living right near the city though, MAN rent is soaring...

Yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid, but it all depends I guess on how much you make. I figure Seattle has a better job market than my second choice Maine.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid, but it all depends I guess on how much you make. I figure Seattle has a better job market than my second choice Maine.

If your a tech guy there are TONS of jobs ... Nintendo in Redmond, Microsoft... of course Boeing is also up here..

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how true are the rumors of an NHL team coming to Seattle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmm south is affordable. My address says Auburn but it's more like Federal Way. Affordable and easy access to 405 or I5 or highway 18. My sister went way south and bought in Lacy, got a really good value on the house she bought, really good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how true are the rumors of an NHL team coming to Seattle.
Who knows. Seems to depend on a NBA team, which isn't looking good. However NHL seems to really want to be here, so maybe?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmm south is affordable. My address says Auburn but it's more like Federal Way. Affordable and easy access to 405 or I5 or highway 18. My sister went way south and bought in Lacy, got a really good value on the house she bought, really good.

This is good I'm getting sick of 98 degrees and 100 percent humidity

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. Seems to depend on a NBA team, which isn't looking good. However NHL seems to really want to be here, so maybe?

Yeah I know its old news but I still think Seattle got shafted on the whole Sonics thing. You think if they would have beat the Bulls in 97 or 98 whenever it was Seattle would still have a team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis

Mmmm yeah, I understand now. My ex has a ton of family in Joplin. Missouri . Spent some time there, it was like living in a sauna and the bugs and snakes....damn.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had family that lived in Port Orchard, nice town. Always enjoyed heading up to Bremerton and taking the boat ride to Seattle. The place I really enjoyed was where my grandparents used to live. Can't remember the town's name but it was a 30 min ride from Port Orchard and really in the middle of nowhere, but a couple of mins down the road was the bay. Always did little boat rides and lots of fishing, plus on a clear day you could see Mt. Rainer so clearly it looked like it was only a few miles away. If I ever moved, that's where I would go.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm yeah, I understand now. My ex has a ton of family in Joplin. Missouri . Spent some time there, it was like living in a sauna and the bugs and snakes....damn.

We have less snakes but the bugs and spiders man you would think were related to Godzilla.