• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ New Orleans. 10am FOX

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew when watching the Cards game ( yes i was watching Both games lol ) that the chances the Hawks would win was slim. NFL wants to keep at least 2 teams close in each division. Makes for more exciting games down the stretch. :P

I wouldn't put it past the NFL, but the fact remains our offense is in a tail spin and leaving plays on the field. 13 offensive points against a crappy D is inexcusable.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put it past the NFL, but the fact remains our offense is in a tail spin and leaving plays on the field. 13 offensive points against a crappy D is inexcusable.

i wouldn't say our offense is in a tail spin. You would need to be playing at a higher level to begin with to enter a tail spin. This offense has not played at a high level at all really this season. Better saying would be this offense has been stuck in the mud pretty much since week 1. Actually even in the preseason.

These slow starts are painful to watch each and every year. But if they stay the course like every other season since Wilson became the starter means we get to see a high powered offense here shortly. :hope:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the O will pick it up. I can see gradual improvement in RW's health. He is clearly still not what he was or can be, but I saw 3 things today that make me optimistic he's on the uptick with health: 1) he tried his patented spin move. it wasn't successful and ended up in a big sack, but at least he tried it. he felt good enough that he thought he may be able to pull it off, and we haven't seen that pretty much at any point since week 1. 2) he scrambled for a 1st down. also something that hasn't hardly happened at all this season; he didn't pick up a big chunk of yards but at least he moved the chains with his legs. 3) he wasn't spatted up. ankle is getting nearly back to normal and it felt good enough for him to forgo the additional protection.

Rawls will be back soon. Prosise looked good today and was a factor on the ground and in the air. The O will get it going soon.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't say our offense is in a tail spin. You would need to be playing at a higher level to begin with to enter a tail spin. This offense has not played at a high level at all really this season. Better saying would be this offense has been stuck in the mud pretty much since week 1. Actually even in the preseason.

These slow starts are painful to watch each and every year. But if they stay the course like every other season since Wilson became the starter means we get to see a high powered offense here shortly. :hope:

Good point. Stuck in the mud going in reverse. Every year the Hawks lose a game that jump starts everything, so let's hope it's this game that gets them going next week against Buffalo.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse feet were a lot closer to being in that out... Looked like he was clearly out in real time... But look how close it actually was...

upload_2016-10-30_17-43-33.png

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our record for First 8 games of the 2015 and 2016 schedule
2015: 4-4
2016: 4-2-1 (one bye week)

We are much better positioned than we were last season. We are still in the picture for a #1 or #2 slot in the playoff seeding.

Bevell & Wilson need to have a better strategy for keeping the offense on the field longer. We are getting killed when it comes to time of possession and its taking a toll on our defense.

I wonder if Earl Thomas hugging the refs is what caused the disparity in flags. It's very disappointing to think that Earl Thomas one of our star players wasn't aware of the NFL rules regarding player conduct towards referees. Even though ET was just having fun, and a hug isn't harmful, the Refs do not like players touching them. I'm willing to bet that ET gets fined by the NFL sometime this week for touching a ref.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a combo of both...Wilson will not throw ball unless receiver is wide open...he is not seeing open receivers.

Please review the highlights of the Jet game. Thanks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Oct is over. What a brutal month for us Hawks fans. Yes The Hawks were 2-1-1 but we saw some down right AWFUL football this month and Injuries. Jets was a win but was ugly, Atlanta? Ugly, Cards? BARF! and now NO. At least the Defense played inspired football yesterday and i thought they were going to pull this one out for the offense with another Defensive TD. I Thought going into this game it was going to be a 27-30 type game with the Hawks losing so i guess the loss might not have bothered me as much as some of you.

Defense was playing lights out till they Lost Tony on the DL. The fact that they had held NO to i believe 16 points AT HOME up until they lost him was crazy ( NO Averages 36 PPG @ Home ). Defense has played 3+ games worth of Snaps the past 2 weeks. Offense needs to buy these guys dinner for a year and keep them off the field the rest of the way.

Thankfully the Huskies are just killing it WOOF!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC needs to realize that we can't always play for the 3 point win and rely on the defense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did Kearse have control of the ball when this photo was taken?

I'm not saying it was a touchdown or that he had both feet in... I was just surprised how much closer in was than it looked in real time... In real time, it didn't look like he had any feet close to being in...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it was a touchdown or that he had both feet in... I was just surprised how much closer in was than it looked in real time... In real time, it didn't look like he had any feet close to being in...
When I saw it the first time live, it looked like he might have got one in, but the other one clearly kicked the corner pylon, which is not in bounds.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I can't stomach watching the Jets. I'd rather be attacked by a zombie.

Desert-020715-jetzombie.jpg

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stand pat and get to watch our brutally bad offense sputter forward the rest of the year....

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not what more you guys were expecting after Russ got hurt. We knew that our O-line was a joke to begin with, then pair that with RW's injuries and you had to expect 4-5 weeks of poor offensive production. We will struggle to score points the next two games as well, but the whole season will come down to the last 4 weeks and how we finish out. It's about getting healthy and then hot at the right time. A 9-6-1 Hawks riding a 4 game win streak is not a team I would like to face in the playoffs.