• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always stop.over to tampa..see whats
Available..and not

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa
do dilegace forces us to look around..
And the playoffs are not over.

1b choo...Betancourt.
2b lowe....2b
.bruhahan..has been uderwelmingly unimpresive..so far..
Ss franco..walls.
3b yandy diaz..would be the guy Seattle
Would want but..looking around

Kyle mazardo..1b..rays..AA..from washington..state.cougars.one of best mminor league guys..last year..
Ok moving ..on

thank you tampa..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SsJordan groshons Miami marlins
Is of interest..
Charles la blanc...3b/2b/1b
Of interest

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I need new and cuz he is possibly the essayist to get..and yet he is all the things you want as well..
If you say to Pittsburgh..miller..or bea..

They have to take miller...in desperation..
Is leverage..but they could still say no..
Lolollolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the idea of..2b leadoff works with atrawz..but..what if..they miss on Arreaz as well or twins say no

1 nimmo..will work as leadoff..and stolen bases
2julio.rodriguez..more stolen bases

3 2b..open

4france....1b
5haniger
6 conforto..
7suarez...3b
8 R aliegh.catvh
9crawford..ss

My plan 2.
.lol9lo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore
gunner henderson..on everyone's list..but not available
Terin vavra..baltimore has a lot of talent
In hitters..and it will be hard..to yank them away
Washington
Luis g arcia...2b

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Fraizer is the 14th best 2nd
Base.. there are 3 with 300 ave
Not available..arraz is considerd..a 1b
Right know..
An other good reason..for trade for
Bae...and Gonzales from new Mexico
Is behind bea..
Prob considerd..pitts future..2b.eta

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plan 2 resign frazier..
Trade for bea..and hope he has a good year...next year..in 2023 and or 2024
And at same time learn ..about..

No not beer.....
C abellero.

Toro could be traded..to pitt and would help them...or twinns

And hope Fraizer regains..his ave hitting
Free agents
N immo
C onforto

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a trade with t winns Alec kiriloff..
Although..not..huge..trade value
Is a prize for seattle..
A LF /DH..even at AAA..

Born in Pittsburgh pa
MLB out of HS..

Nick Gordon is t winns utility..
So I don't know if they would need
Moore..so I'll try a new trade..
With pitching..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put too much stock in what either dipoto or hollander said. They have no reason to admit the issues with wanker, or talk about seriously moving JP among other items people are blowing up on Twitter about.

Dip only said they were looking for corner outfield, middle infield, and maybe adding bullpen arms when he was taking on kjr.

Saying more would only hurt them with no upside. Maybe that's all they are really looking at, but if they are open to bigger deals saying they aren't looking puts them in better bargaining position.

Do I think they actually make a couple of big moves in the offseason? No. I doubt it , but you can't assume there is no chance just based off those statements. It's more about their history.

Will they make them competitive against Houston? Again, probably not. They have years of a head start. I hope they at least get closer and put some pressure on them, but I'm not expecting miracles next season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put too much stock in what either dipoto or hollander said. They have no reason to admit the issues with wanker, or talk about seriously moving JP among other items people are blowing up on Twitter about.
He is covering for Wanker to keep trade value just above a bucket of balls. The JP thing is him playing nice with JP hoping JP steps up and volunteers to change positions. I think the JP stuff is stupid. Just say the truth which isle are always looking to upgrade no matter what position it is. He doesn't need to get specific and say things that make him look stupid.

Dip only said they were looking for corner outfield, middle infield, and maybe adding bullpen arms when he was taking on kjr.
He said on the live news conference that there just isn't a lot of roster spots to make a lot of offseason moves. He and Servais mention how they love Santana but bringing him back means somebody else has to go. I thought that was weird because you could lose guys like Toro and Torrens and still keep him.

New GM said he talks weekly wit Haniger's agent but said he worked hard to get to free agency and wants to see what its all about.

Will they make them competitive against Houston? Again, probably not. They have years of a head start. I hope they at least get closer and put some pressure on them, but I'm not expecting miracles next season.
Ya we are a long ways from Astro. Better bullpen arms would help close the gap. Offense as well obviously, but we have been wanting that for years. Go get Verlander. Strengthens us, weakens them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is covering for Wanker to keep trade value just above a bucket of balls. The JP thing is him playing nice with JP hoping JP steps up and volunteers to change positions. I think the JP stuff is stupid. Just say the truth which isle are always looking to upgrade no matter what position it is. He doesn't need to get specific and say things that make him look stupid.

He said on the live news conference that there just isn't a lot of roster spots to make a lot of offseason moves. He and Servais mention how they love Santana but bringing him back means somebody else has to go. I thought that was weird because you could lose guys like Toro and Torrens and still keep him.

New GM said he talks weekly wit Haniger's agent but said he worked hard to get to free agency and wants to see what its all about.

Ya we are a long ways from Astro. Better bullpen arms would help close the gap. Offense as well obviously, but we have been wanting that for years. Go get Verlander. Strengthens us, weakens them.
Yeah, it wasn't our fans up here I was mostly speaking about. I think even our resident 'Haniger is all we need at the deadline!' guy is off that wagon.

There are lots of fairly dumb M's fans up on Twitter and other SM. Plenty of the 'sign back Hani at all costs!' dopes.

There probably aren't a lot of fielders rated higher than him on the open market. Already needing one to replace Wanker makes it harder to find two.

Keep his agent engaged. Say great things about him publicly. If you don't find a better option and can get him back at a decent price then by all means do so.

I just hope we aren't in the same spot as this year when we reach the trade deadline.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it wasn't our fans up here I was mostly speaking about. I think even our resident 'Haniger is all we need at the deadline!' guy is off that wagon.

There are lots of fairly dumb M's fans up on Twitter and other SM. Plenty of the 'sign back Hani at all costs!' dopes.

There probably aren't a lot of fielders rated higher than him on the open market. Already needing one to replace Wanker makes it harder to find two.

Keep his agent engaged. Say great things about him publicly. If you don't find a better option and can get him back at a decent price then by all means do so.

I just hope we aren't in the same spot as this year when we reach the trade deadline.
I really can’t see a way Haniger gets resigned. Jerry knows him to much to ever get in a bidding war. They have to get one of the SS, and most likely will have to trade for an OF.

Off-season must have list
-SS
-Ideally a CF and make Julio go back to RF, but must get an OF. Would love Judge but no way will the Mariners get one of the SS plus Judge.
-a lefty bullpen arm
-and get a guy either a full time DH, or a 1B to turn France into the DH.

The Mariners have a crap load of guys to trade, Toro, White, Lewis, Kelenic, Winker and if Flexen takes his option if they got a deal in place. Outside of Toro are all really high ceiling guys but Jerry can’t be the only GM in the league who loves Toro. Most likely are going to have to give up one of their prospect arms and now that Raleigh is essentially established Ford can be dangled in a deal.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying t winns trade with no moore..
No swannoe

Mariners

Kelenic..
Miller
Castillo..bull pen
P olkavich
Winker

Twins

Arraez..
Kirilloff..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toro is good to go to Pittsburgh
With a pitcher for bea

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My end on twins trade.
Swannie..i can't not trade him it just does not work..

Mariners
Swannie..
Castillo..bull pen
Winker..

Twinns..
A rraez
Kirilloff
Canterino...

Final..on this for me..

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding my wish list for the SS. I think I would rank them Correa, Turner, Swanson and Boegarts. All of those other then Boegarts I would move JP to 2nd for. In a scenario where we do land Boagarts I would have him be the one moving to 2nd.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners..this is hard..my first try..
Bea
barco...LHP

Pitt
Toro
Miller