• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been keeping up with every ones posts as of late. Been too busy rooting for whomever play the *Astr'icks

My 2023 M's roster thoughts in a nutshell.

I do not want to see Trammel - Wanker - Haniger or Lewis anywhere in the system. I just think it's time to move on from mediocrity if we want to truly contend for post season play and have any hopes of reaching the division leader ( who will not be named except for * )

Bundle the above players up or sell individually or whatever yields the greatest return either money to purchase MLB talent or trade for MLB ready talent to help the club contend / succeed.

Keep Marco and convince him he is an asset as a LH reliever out of the pen. That is his greatest help to the Mariners moving forward.

To fill the #5 starter slot we have both Brash and Flexen and should consider any other upgrade within budget or trade realism.

Kelenic deserves his shot at breaking spring camp and if he earns a spot in the OF with the big club... let him play his way and show everyone what he can contribute. tell him it's his time to show everyone. if he thinks he can hit .285 with 180 base hits and drive in 70 rbi as a table setter ... or if he can produce more swinging for the fences and batting .240 with 30 bombs and 100+ rbi's the choice is his. He has a higher ceiling than any prospect in the .org and likely higher than any prospect we could trade for. He deserves the shot. ( IF a big IF he breaks camp and has EARNED a spot on the 25 man roster as a starter in our OF ) He has always been a late season or mid season callup and just maybe starting the season in the bigs is what gives him the confidance to play to he=is natural ability. if by the ASB he is struggling ... send him packing for greener pastures. 300 ab's is enough time 2023 to show what he can do to help us. It is last chance for gas.

Ty France to DH and he needs some Jenny Craig help this off season. Add a big bat 1st basemen or E. White needs to put up or shut up. If he cannot contribute ... he can split a cab with Kelenic at the ASB as well.

Frazier I am on the fence about. He is most likely to improve 2023 over his 2022 production. For the right price I think we hold onto him ( unless we sign a big infielder and can mover Crawford or the signee to 2nd base )

BIG need for an outfielder with a big stick. having 1 question mark in our OF is bad enough ... we sure as hell don't need 2

tired of typing ... have a great weekend everyone and GO PHILLY !!

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are the big 4...most likly..mariners
do not get those guys...
Which is why...i keep saying Elvis andrus
a bit under the top 4..but in a lot of ways
exactly what the mariners need..
And better..than frazier....imo..on that
cuz frazier..could come out hitting.270
Or 300....but I think most likly..
Elvis andrus..is a better..fit...cuz he can play as a SS as well...
And also..think..frazier...is better for the yankees..

Just saying...lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you say .....

but Elvis andrus is not a leadoff...no but he can fill in

Brandin nimmo..is a leadoff..listed
as such...but I'm not saying he would either...but the potential..is there..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line-up

1 nimmo...left field
2 andrus..ss...270 or 255..ok then
3 julio......cf
All 3 steal bases.
And moore..
And haggerty

This would shake pitchers put of there boots...cleets..whatever..

4france...1b
5........DH
6conforto..RF
7suarez..3b
8 R aliegh...catch
9crawford...ss..

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been keeping up with every ones posts as of late. Been too busy rooting for whomever play the *Astr'icks

I do not want to see Trammel - Wanker - Haniger or Lewis anywhere in the system. I just think it's time to move on from mediocrity if we want to truly contend for post season play and have any hopes of reaching the division leader ( who will not be named except for * )

Bundle the above players up or sell individually or whatever yields the greatest return either money to purchase MLB talent or trade for MLB ready talent to help the club contend / succeed.

Keep Marco and convince him he is an asset as a LH reliever out of the pen. That is his greatest help to the Mariners moving forward.

To fill the #5 starter slot we have both Brash and Flexen and should consider any other upgrade within budget or trade realism.

Kelenic deserves his shot at breaking spring camp and if he earns a spot in the OF with the big club... let him play his way and show everyone what he can contribute. tell him it's his time to show everyone. if he thinks he can hit .285 with 180 base hits and drive in 70 rbi as a table setter ... or if he can produce more swinging for the fences and batting .240 with 30 bombs and 100+ rbi's the choice is his. He has a higher ceiling than any prospect in the .org and likely higher than any prospect we could trade for. He deserves the shot. ( IF a big IF he breaks camp and has EARNED a spot on the 25 man roster as a starter in our OF ) He has always been a late season or mid season callup and just maybe starting the season in the bigs is what gives him the confidance to play to he=is natural ability. if by the ASB he is struggling ... send him packing for greener pastures. 300 ab's is enough time 2023 to show what he can do to help us. It is last chance for gas.

Ty France to DH and he needs some Jenny Craig help this off season. Add a big bat 1st basemen or E. White needs to put up or shut up. If he cannot contribute ... he can split a cab with Kelenic at the ASB as well.

Frazier I am on the fence about. He is most likely to improve 2023 over his 2022 production. For the right price I think we hold onto him ( unless we sign a big infielder and can mover Crawford or the signee to 2nd base )

BIG need for an outfielder with a big stick. having 1 question mark in our OF is bad enough ... we sure as hell don't need 2

Agree with most of what you said. The third paragraph is spot on. Ive on from them all.

I can't get to the point of agreeing with you on Kelenic. He only has a higher ceiling because baseball people keep telling us he has a higher ceiling. That is the major flaw with prospects. We go by what others tell us because we can't watch them as closely as major leaguers. I don't want him penciled in at S.T. He comes in as a tryout player and earns it or moves down like any other prospect. Just my opinion.

Fat France needs to lose 15 lbs. I think he wears down at the end of the season.

No more Frazier. We can and must do better there.

Yes, yes, yes for better outfielders.

Good hearing from you again. Ho Philly!

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Agree with most of what you said. The third paragraph is spot on. Ive on from them all.

I can't get to the point of agreeing with you on Kelenic. He only has a higher ceiling because baseball people keep telling us he has a higher ceiling. That is the major flaw with prospects. We go by what others tell us because we can't watch them as closely as major leaguers. I don't want him penciled in at S.T. He comes in as a tryout player and earns it or moves down like any other prospect. Just my opinion.

Fat France needs to lose 15 lbs. I think he wears down at the end of the season.

No more Frazier. We can and must do better there.

Yes, yes, yes for better outfielders.

Good hearing from you again. Ho Philly!
I can agree with that....but that ..is everywhere..you get what you get..
Either way...you have earned it..
Or not..
in baseball..cases....ussually.

That is what is so..agrivating..
About the pirseption..of gonzales..
And flexen...and after..they beat teams
as well..
Flexes 14 and 7 last year..is good everywhere....
What people don't know is he should have been that this year...as well..
If he had some run..support..
And f lexen and gonzales..are guys
who need ...run support..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run support..is the diff between..
Our better pitchers..know..is they don't need as much..run sopport...

And Gonzales will have a couple bad days..know and then in a season..
Flex can as well...but ussualy..not

They give a team..a chance...to
win...is the idea..

Not as much..in the playoffs...yet

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets prioritizing..nimmo..
And diaz..
Per CBS...

Mariners really need nimmo..
Not as much diaz..but could still use him as well..

There is not an other nimmo around every..corner..mets and mariners both realize it..mariners should have more
money to spend...
And nimmo would be a main target..

Last edited:

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1). I do not want to see Trammel - Wanker - Haniger or Lewis anywhere in the system. I just think it's time to move on from mediocrity if we want to truly contend for post season play and have any hopes of reaching the division leader. YES.

2). Keep Marco and convince him he is an asset as a LH reliever out of the pen. That is his greatest help to the Mariners moving forward. Absolutely Agree. Marco rarely starts with a BAD inning. LH Relief is Very Valuable.
3). Dollard or Hancock Deserve a Shot. To fill the #5 starter slot we have both Brash and Flexen and should consider any other upgrade within budget or trade realism.

4). Kelenic deserves his shot at breaking spring camp and if he earns a spot in the OF with the big club. Agreed, He has Talent.

5). Ty France to DH and he needs some Jenny Craig help this off season. I think it's humorous that you posted my exact thoughts. Don't turn into Vogelbach. I LOVE TY, but I see an albatross if he doesn't change his workout and get more flexible.

6) Frazier... NO, Mariners need Bogarts, Turner, Swanson, or Correa, Move Crawford to 2nd.

7). BIG need for an outfielder with a big stick. having 1 question mark in our OF is bad enough ... we sure as hell don't need 2. Totally Agree, move on from Winker, Trammell and SIGN NIMMO. With Nimmo and Julio, we have a Solid 2 OF'ers. Kelenic is still in my plans, but of course, I don't matter. C'mon Jarred.

tired of typing ... have a great weekend everyone and GO PHILLY !! Thanks, GREAT POST from you.
I agree with most of the above.
I'm going to 'edit it' and keep the essentials.
I want to hear your response.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pavin smith..a 1b ..of
.left/ left....good off the bench...maybe
Arizona would like a possible trade.
Maybe with a relief..pitcher..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The #5 spot should be takin up by .. dollard or miller..
With hancock..at AA..still..

And possable Thomas bull pen ..berroa
With
woo
And
Macho
in the bringing up the rear
.Thomas has to 40 man as well as dollard and maybe miller..miller is maybe
the best..
But Hancock just needs more time from arm issues...
So it's minor league guys
..still coming..

No doubt..that situation will be worked out...with ..possible trades of
minor leaguers..or Gonzales or flexxen
That is the situation..
Or maybe even other bull pen guys..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to be on the 40 man..
And an other.
To be at..mlb..

Hopefully mariners ..work this out fine..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mariners could probably trade gonzales
and
Flexen for reynolds and bea..and pittsburgh would be way better....off

..but..they could
trade with Baltimore as well...or Chicago
cubs..

There is 1 or 2 trades comming..just
depends on what happens....who
wants what...mariners..should go with
the minors..pitching...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which would and will be exciting.
To see Miller and or d ollard pitch

at mlb..thomas and or berroa..out of bull
pen..

woo..could be sooner rather than later
And all this could leave mariners pitching at AA..thin...

But there are always ...
minors free agents...so ..no big deal..

for..know...

macho..is the last guy..on my list..that
I would move up...so ..ir is what it is
a few minors free agents won't hurt..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much for pitching..
If you said..trade..gonzales and f lexen
trammel..toro..and torrents to Pittsburgh
for reanolds and bea..it would be a good deal for Pittsburgh..going forward

There rotaton..

brubaker
Gonzales..L/L
Keller
flexen

That is a big 4 with some pitchers comming from AAA..for Pittsburgh

toro 2b/3b..trammel..of/C.f. torrents cather/ utility/1b...is good..

if they said kelenic instead of trammel
I would have to see if I could sign
nimmo first.....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not realy on kelenic..i could send him know..and use trammel..as my last guy

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why cuz marlow..fits..for mariners
well..
at any rate..those are guys mariner have to give..for any trade..
just works so well..for a pitch needy team...like pittsburgh..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds would play RF..and marines would sign either conforto or haniger
for DH..
conforto..
is of high interest..to replace..winker
And he is a full time player.

in this case of trade..he could replace
haniger and winker..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or W inker could off the bench..
which he is good at..part time..
oh yes he is...
Or traded...for karilloff...or pavin smith

But I have to say...winker..is prob better
unless kirilloff breaks out..or Smith.

With better on base..and bases on balls
winker is just better...off the bench..

know if he could learn ..1st base..it would be a huge plus...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true story..if he is willing to learn 1st bsse
then winker..is my 1st choice..as #13
1B/of...
And he is L/L off the bench..and DH.

all about attitude..if not..ok..trade..if yes