• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trad like ji hwon bea..of p ittsburgh
Is more likly..
Baltimore has maney..up and coming
middle infields..
Like vavra..they need pitvhing as well
But..watch out who you trade to them
Or they will be taking
The mariners spot..in the playoffs
lololo

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean..judge..you know it's not happening..so why go there..judge is a yankee..and will remain so..
As with many guys..you would want..
Like Tre turnur..as always..they resign
conforto..does fit..and he is from Seattle

But feel free to submit your own..suggestions.
? I've never mentioned Judge in any serious discussion so why you attribute that to me is a mystery. I said they had no chance for Ohtani or Soto when others were banging those drums before the trade deadline. I'm not a pie in the sky sort of fan.

I'm fine with second tier guys to replace some of the 4h tier players on the team. They don't have to go spend hundreds of millions on one big name. We have big name guys in Jrod and LC. Get up to a solid baseline. No more sub .230 (outside of catcher) would be awesome. Get there, then gauge the need for big expensive players in specific slots.

Not saying don't take a big name if it falls in your lap, but you don't need to overspend to get one now. Spend on several next tier guys instead.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who weren't at the game, I can tell you that was by far the most electric crowd I've ever experienced at a baseball game and this comes from someone who has probably attended around 100 Mariners home games and gone to games at a dozen different stadiums, including at Yankee Stadium when they were playing the Red Sox. The energy and the noise was that of a rivalry college football game.

My friend told me he couldn't hear this on the broadcast, but most of the Astros lineup - specifically Altuve and Bregman - was heavily boo'd as they walked up to the plate and during the AB the stadium was loudly chanting either "Cheater" or "Fuck you cheater"

In the 14th inning they played take me out to the ballgame as if it was the 7th inning stretch, lol. Tough loss. Spent $330 on my ticket (was first row in section 108), but despite the loss that'll be a game I never forget.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But back to the topic of the thread...

If I'm Dipoto here are my objectives this offseason:

- Stand pat on the rotation and bullpen, I think we will objectively have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball going into next year.
- Sign an actual DH.
- Upgrade at 2B.
- Move on from the Kelenic/Lewis/Trammell experiment and sign a competent left fielder
- Either extend Haniger or upgrade at RF.
- Bring in a decent backup catcher

There's a lot of work to do despite having made the playoffs and advancing past the wild card round. Not being able to score a single run at home in 18 innings is inexcusable.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Stand pat on the rotation and bullpen, I think we will objectively have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball going into next year.
We need better pen arms. Our pen was built for the season and not the playoffs. When you are scared to death to pitch Sewald, Castillo, Swanson, Boyd, and Murfee in the biggest series, you need upgrades. Another stud starter would be nice, but more of a luxury move than a need.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who weren't at the game, I can tell you that was by far the most electric crowd I've ever experienced at a baseball game and this comes from someone who has probably attended around 100 Mariners home games and gone to games at a dozen different stadiums, including at Yankee Stadium when they were playing the Red Sox. The energy and the noise was that of a rivalry college football game.

My friend told me he couldn't hear this on the broadcast, but most of the Astros lineup - specifically Altuve and Bregman - was heavily boo'd as they walked up to the plate and during the AB the stadium was loudly chanting either "Cheater" or "Fuck you cheater"

In the 14th inning they played take me out to the ballgame as if it was the 7th inning stretch, lol. Tough loss. Spent $330 on my ticket (was first row in section 108), but despite the loss that'll be a game I never forget.
No memory so can't remember if you were at any '95 playoff games, but that was my all time favorite sports scene. That place was physically moving and it was deafening. Cool it was on par or better yesterday. That just shows if you build a contender they will come.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need better pen arms. Our pen was built for the season and not the playoffs. When you are scared to death to pitch Sewald, Castillo, Swanson, Boyd, and Murfee in the biggest series, you need upgrades. Another stud starter would be nice, but more of a luxury move than a need.
I can see your point with the bullpen, but I think we're fine with the rotation.

Personally I think the lineup is a much bigger problem than either the bullpen or the rotation. I would rather expend resources on improving the lineup. As a playoff team (weird to say), we can't keep wasting ABs on prospects who are struggling hoping they reach their potential or veterans who can't hit their weight at DH.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No memory so can't remember if you were at any '95 playoff games, but that was my all time favorite sports scene. That place was physically moving and it was deafening. Cool it was on par or better yesterday. That just shows if you build a contender they will come.
I was not. Last time the Mariners hosted a home playoff game I was in elementary school, lol.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of free agents..and a need..
For a true leadoff..leaves the prospects
Thin..
And shopping for a 2b..and a LF..

For me leaves me trading for one..or 2.

Arraez..is the best in the american league
in ave
But I always start with my 1st choice..
If i think it is at all possable..arraez is 25
years old from venezuala..

He is left hitter...
Mariners would still need a right
d rury is that..

With toro and Cabellero at tacoma..
Both right....
I have not giving up on toro..but the mariners may move on..
Idk..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swannie can no longer be sent down

So the liklyness of being traded
.is higher...
And his value is high..as well..
As i showed.10 bull pen guy
not uncluding..swannie

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your point with the bullpen, but I think we're fine with the rotation.

Personally I think the lineup is a much bigger problem than either the bullpen or the rotation. I would rather expend resources on improving the lineup. As a playoff team (weird to say), we can't keep wasting ABs on prospects who are struggling hoping they reach their potential or veterans who can't hit their weight at DH.
Regarding resources, we have enough to do both and do both well. They are printing money like all MLB teams are. The only restrictions are self imposed.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a great season with a bad Cinci team. He won't cost a ton. Not a lot of 2B options in free agency this year.

Regarding resources, we have enough to do both and do both well. They are printing money like all MLB teams are. The only restrictions are self imposed.
Agreed..they do..for sure.
Drury from grants pass Oregon as well

I liked him when he was with Arizona.
And I have kept an eye on him..

Maybe a better hitting..moore..
Plays all the positions.
That is a plus...
238..with san diego
274 with cinnci
I got it back ward this is the one.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sample size is 350 ab with cinnci
168 ab with San diego..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to put
Adolis garcia..on the list..
With haniger...

Maybe 1st

But I can't find him in free agents..
To trade for him...i dk.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners best teade options i mentioned
In a t winns trade...only a few other small
ones..( trades)....

and they would be wiped out

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not. Last time the Mariners hosted a home playoff game I was in elementary school, lol.
I was 26, I went to one of the playoff games against the yankees that year and the Mariners lost. The centerfield cameraman was wearing a yankees cap and during the game a Mariners fan took it and ran off.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners best teade options i mentioned
In a t winns trade...only a few other small
ones..( trades)....

and they would be wiped out
When I say that what I mean is this

who do I normally trade..4 trades I do on
Trade values

Twins trade

A trade for shrumpf 3b..cubs AA..fairly
easy at 2.5
A trade with Pitt for ..bea..Ss/2B.LEFT
Is valued at 4.5
I have to trade a pitcher to a pitch needy organazation..miller valued at

sometimes I trade with cincinati
For mclane..Ss/2b..that takes murphee to do or brash.
Mclane Is 14.5
I dont actually think the mariners will do this one but
.it could be on the list at trade deadline
next year..

I never trade for Snell cuz it is a bit dumb for him to be valued at 2.5..and Makes it to easy..but Snell is an idea I have
With Gonzales as well

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the amount of trades the mariners
could get away with.
And still be good everywhere else..
More or less..