• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the lineup..mostly full...
Guys will bat..in ..the proper..locations..
At least..to..start with...till guys get injured...if they do..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never...forget..the strength...of the mariners..
Is the pitching....1st...not hitting .

But believe me .they need hitting..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creating ..a..bigger...differential..

Gap...is...what to do ...

Yeah...??

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player..divelop...is a big part ..of mariners.
And still ..is nothing..has changed .there ...

But hopefully ..improvements...of coarse....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what it sounded like. And the two guys on the show were so giddy having him. But there were a few interesting things if you can believe the guy.
I don’t know, I listened to it bias, so I dislike Cody’s baseball knowledge more, and came away from it that Jerry is a car salesman. He is the president, so either throw Stanton under the bus or go over the top. I truly don’t understand (the way I took it) of liking super utility players, or versatile more than an every day starter. 100% on me, and I will admit it, I think baseball players are better when they have an established role.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know, I listened to it bias, so I dislike Cody’s baseball knowledge more, and came away from it that Jerry is a car salesman. He is the president, so either throw Stanton under the bus or go over the top. I truly don’t understand (the way I took it) of liking super utility players, or versatile more than an every day starter. 100% on me, and I will admit it, I think baseball players are better when they have an established role.
I understand ..a bit...I think...what..you are..seeing..is Jedi...not saying ..what he would behind closed ..doors ..

He cant..he has.....to be a bit....political..
It's his job.. ..
He has to be...the way he...is..
If you can..understand...that..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand ..a bit...I think...what..you are..seeing..is Jedi...not saying ..what he would behind closed ..doors ..

He cant..he has.....to be a bit....political..
It's his job.. ..
He has to be...the way he...is..
If you can..understand...that..
Basics....
Defence .wins..championships...
Mariners..#1..pitching..= defence..

Now add. Hitting..widen the diff..gap..
This is where..the mariners..are ..

Any questions..??.ulmax..(hand raised)..

Yes .ulmax:..when is lunch..??..

Go ......know....is good...lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the rest of us..Hernandez..is less..
Injured...than..haniger...
Better...#1..
Wong.....I'm not .sure...but .he is good .
It may be a push...with .Frazier ..
Pollock...up..#1..
La stella...up .#2..
So ok..
The usually....bull pen stuff like always..

.we are..sitting..on..
Flexen..and Gonzales...

Yep...that is where....
The mariners are

At this point....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If kelenic comes..out swinging a hammer..
It's..
Up #3...bases loaded...

With Suarez..up..
And
Raleigh..next .

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If kelenic..does not...
Maybe trammel ..will....
Or Marlowe ..

Or a combination.of all..3...

Going with..the..odds .and numbers .. lololo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rainers...re lease..jason vosler..3 days after.. signing him...???. Well..they could us an infield...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack vincej..from the Tacoma last year..
Know..manager..of.. modesto..
Seth Mejias brean..also..from Tacoma..
Know..hitting coach..
Jake Witt...pitching coach..

Sounds good...I suppose...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think baseball players are better when they have an established role.
That only worked for the first 100 years of baseball so it was time for a change...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That only worked for the first 100 years of baseball so it was time for a change...
I don’t mind tweaking, and actually really enjoyed the pitch clock. But building a team of super utility players isn’t a recipe for success. I keep hearing they have won 90 games two years in a row, but the goal should be a World Series.

Starting C is set but back up isn’t
1B is set but which France are we going to get, twice now he has played at all star for half a season then a guy who shouldn’t be startejng
2B is a platoon where Wong brings the offense but was terrible defender last year so maybe if he is 100% healthy. But also don’t like the whole Moore is playing against lefties, would prefer Haggerty there.
SS they truly need a massive upgrade, great clubhouse leader but is a below average hitting SS and his defense was great last year.
3B is set, hopefully it’s the 2022 Geno and not the 19-21 Geno
CF is Julio and Teoscar will get time out there.
LF is the quagmire because Kelenic and Trammell will get AB’s and if those two can ever be decent then Teoscar can move to DH so Hummel can either go to Tacoma or be the final man on the roster. And the more I look into Pollack the less I like him for this roster unless Kelenic and Trammell both struggle and that means a bad month for the M’s and the “experts” say Pollack is a massively below player if he has to play everyday

So they got a roster, just like we are full of utility players which Kelenic technically is one because he will be playing all 3 OF, and Wong won’t be facing lefties, Haggerty and Moore. LaStella or Moran or Hummel.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore accually..deserves..an other shot
At 2b...he is one of the best..defenders..
And hit..224...last year...he's getting better....know..used...how they should
Use him...ok then..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haggerty..is turning into...an outfielder..
He can handle...all spots..and is LEft hand especial....
And they don't want..to use him all..that much...on purpose...

He is one of the fastest .guys on the team...also..good..at..bases..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore..and haggerty..helped out so much
Last year...the mariners do not..
Want to do without them...
Like a warm blanket....
For them...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because. Of those..guys..why..Moore..
Has..a good war ..
And trade..value is .like..8,5..
Or so...

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LF is the quagmire because Kelenic and Trammell will get AB’s and if those two can ever be decent then Teoscar can move to DH so Hummel can either go to Tacoma or be the final man on the roster.

So they got a roster, just like we are full of utility players which Kelenic technically is one because he will be playing all 3 OF,
Their line up is like a daily rubics cube trying to solve the who's on 1st Abbot and Costello joke.

I don't like the impending shuffling around that is going to be non stop. MLB players have that at the bottom of their lists. They want consistency and settling into a playing pattern and getting into a daily game to game groove hoping to ride a hot streak at the plate into something impressive on their stat line.

I personally hope Kelenic has burnt up his winter supply of Vagisil and comes into camp fighting for a roster spot ( he surely should not be penciled onto the 25 man roster automatically with last seasons anemic numbers )

If .. a really BIG 'if', if he can get his melon unf*%#'d and just have fun and play the game the same way he played it that got him to this point he can make a big difference in our so so line up. He needs to simply settle in and have fun vs looking like he is about to shit out a peach seed every time the camera is on him. That would allow us to making Trammel a complete afterthought and a Tacoma mainstay. We have to have someone better than Taylor Trammel in Dipotos sight. But I doubt it, he is the insurance policy for if / when Kelenic becomes another headcase at the dish and catches a bus to Tacoma.

I do not wanna see a lineup in mid May that has a couple guys in the lineup regularly that are hitting below the Mendoza line. I am not referring to utility guys ( Moore - Haggerty etc ) But it sure as hell would be nice if both those guys are in the .210 - .220 club mostly.

Pitching has really changed MLB and the abundance of .300 hitters from decades past will likely never return to the big leagues. Pitchers are just too good and only in the game for 2 trips thru the line up then a gauntlet of nasty well rested relievers take the ball.

Julio is the closest thing to a .300 hitter we have. He may flirt with it a few times and creep above, but I think at years end he is batting .285 and I will take it. After Julio I think is France who I want to see at DH 80% of the time and not our regular 1b. I do not think France finishes above .275 avg.

Last year full season stats was Julio .284 avg then France followed him at .274 Take away Frances super hot start to the season and he was a .260 hitter at best. Then HUGE drop of 30pts to a couple guys ( 1 of which is gone Haniger ) then another HUGE drop to a pile of .230 hitters ( some who may not even make another teams starting line up ) - Haggerty didn't really have enough at bats to jam his respectable .256 avg into the mix.

And we were just anointed the 7th best starting lineup I think on this site posted from twitter or something?? The rest of the league after us must be pretty lame.

Yea we grabbed Teoscar and he likely will be in the top 1/3rd of our hitters stats wise. But that ain't saying much when you have a clubhouse full of .210-.225 hitters with some sub .200 guys I am sure will make an appearance.

Big Dumper defied the catcher rule by hitting better towards the end of the year vs pre ASB. typically backstops numbers suffer at the plate in Aug Sept due to the toll the position takes on their bodies after catching the whole season. remember how his thumb was all jacked up all of Sept and then the playoffs. That just looked painful to see when the camera zoomed in on all the shit going on with his hands ( bandages - swelling - blood etc )

BUT..... yes but, but if all our arms stay healthy we can hang with WC contenders all season long. Sucks to be thinking that as it's a dismal thought, but when the best team in all of MLB is in your division you gotta take what you can get.

In light of all of that rambling ... if we win another 90 games this season that is pretty much this clubs highwater mark I think. Barring some mid season game changer ( bat not arm ), but we all know how that story ends.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack vincej..from the Tacoma last year..
Know..manager..of.. modesto..
Seth Mejias brean..also..from Tacoma..
Know..hitting coach..
Jake Witt...pitching coach..

Sounds good...I suppose...

Their line up is like a daily rubics cube trying to solve the who's on 1st Abbot and Costello joke.

I don't like the impending shuffling around that is going to be non stop. MLB players have that at the bottom of their lists. They want consistency and settling into a playing pattern and getting into a daily game to game groove hoping to ride a hot streak at the plate into something impressive on their stat line.

I personally hope Kelenic has burnt up his winter supply of Vagisil and comes into camp fighting for a roster spot ( he surely should not be penciled onto the 25 man roster automatically with last seasons anemic numbers )

If .. a really BIG 'if', if he can get his melon unf*%#'d and just have fun and play the game the same way he played it that got him to this point he can make a big difference in our so so line up. He needs to simply settle in and have fun vs looking like he is about to shit out a peach seed every time the camera is on him. That would allow us to making Trammel a complete afterthought and a Tacoma mainstay. We have to have someone better than Taylor Trammel in Dipotos sight. But I doubt it, he is the insurance policy for if / when Kelenic becomes another headcase at the dish and catches a bus to Tacoma.

I do not wanna see a lineup in mid May that has a couple guys in the lineup regularly that are hitting below the Mendoza line. I am not referring to utility guys ( Moore - Haggerty etc ) But it sure as hell would be nice if both those guys are in the .210 - .220 club mostly.

Pitching has really changed MLB and the abundance of .300 hitters from decades past will likely never return to the big leagues. Pitchers are just too good and only in the game for 2 trips thru the line up then a gauntlet of nasty well rested relievers take the ball.

Julio is the closest thing to a .300 hitter we have. He may flirt with it a few times and creep above, but I think at years end he is batting .285 and I will take it. After Julio I think is France who I want to see at DH 80% of the time and not our regular 1b. I do not think France finishes above .275 avg.

Last year full season stats was Julio .284 avg then France followed him at .274 Take away Frances super hot start to the season and he was a .260 hitter at best. Then HUGE drop of 30pts to a couple guys ( 1 of which is gone Haniger ) then another HUGE drop to a pile of .230 hitters ( some who may not even make another teams starting line up ) - Haggerty didn't really have enough at bats to jam his respectable .256 avg into the mix.

And we were just anointed the 7th best starting lineup I think on this site posted from twitter or something?? The rest of the league after us must be pretty lame.

Yea we grabbed Teoscar and he likely will be in the top 1/3rd of our hitters stats wise. But that ain't saying much when you have a clubhouse full of .210-.225 hitters with some sub .200 guys I am sure will make an appearance.

Big Dumper defied the catcher rule by hitting better towards the end of the year vs pre ASB. typically backstops numbers suffer at the plate in Aug Sept due to the toll the position takes on their bodies after catching the whole season. remember how his thumb was all jacked up all of Sept and then the playoffs. That just looked painful to see when the camera zoomed in on all the shit going on with his hands ( bandages - swelling - blood etc )

BUT..... yes but, but if all our arms stay healthy we can hang with WC contenders all season long. Sucks to be thinking that as it's a dismal thought, but when the best team in all of MLB is in your division you gotta take what you can get.

In light of all of that rambling ... if we win another 90 games this season that is pretty much this clubs highwater mark I think. Barring some mid season game changer ( bat not arm ), but we all know how that story ends.
Thats how they want it to be.....for other
Teams...
Solve..the mariners ...cube...loo..

Bbzzz..times up....other team a loser...