• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season's Over, Offseason Talk

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want? Who do you not want? Who do you want to get rid of? What free agents are a pipe dream? What trade rumors have you heard?

Should be a big offseason for the Mets. They can finally be spenders again with the Wilpons getting their finances in order and about $60 million in dead money coming off the books. They need an outfielder (Ellsbury or Choo) and word is Angels need pitching and are willing to deal Trumbo. The Mets have a stockpile of young arms to deal. If they were to add say Ellsbury and Trumbo to help Wright out in the lineup the Mets suddenly have a formidable lineup to go with above average starting pitching.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want? Who do you not want? Who do you want to get rid of? What free agents are a pipe dream? What trade rumors have you heard?

Should be a big offseason for the Mets. They can finally be spenders again with the Wilpons getting their finances in order and about $60 million in dead money coming off the books. They need an outfielder (Ellsbury or Choo) and word is Angels need pitching and are willing to deal Trumbo. The Mets have a stockpile of young arms to deal. If they were to add say Ellsbury and Trumbo to help Wright out in the lineup the Mets suddenly have a formidable lineup to go with above average starting pitching.

I was talking to my buddy earlier today (who's a Mets fan), and he was thinking the Mets end up getting Ellsbury and Price (since the Rays are open to dealing him).

I'd stay away from a long-term deal with Ellsbury, especially given he hasn't shown power outside of the one year he hit 30+. He's 30, once his speed starts to go, he'd lose a lot of value quickly (unless he suddenly finds his power stroke again to compensate.

When does he lose his speed, who knows? But a 6 year deal (which is what I think he'll look for) to me sounds very risky.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I love the idea of adding a dependable vet to the rotation I think the Rays demands would be too high for Price and it's a position that isn't dire for the Mets. They need a dependable outfielder or 2 and a power bat to protect Wright in the ilneup.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ellsbury will wind up back home on the West Coast (he's from Oregon). "They" have been saying Seattle will push hard for him and I think that would be a perfect team for him. He never really fit in Boston - and I suspect he only grew his little beard because Boras told him it would make him look more like a team player...

As for Boston, I have a feeling they will stand pat this winter... They'll try to start using their farm system to fill holes. (Bradley, Bogaerts, etc.)

If they make a run at anyone, it will be for McCann, but they'll be quickly out bid and will settle for Salty.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Nolasco could be a solid signing also

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Beltran in RF again in KC.

While maybe Beltran is not the right guy and answer, I really like the idea of them going out and getting a grizzled vet. Whomever it is should fill the Miguel Tejada void there nicely, as they will probably want some decent production to go along with the tutoring and vetran leadership.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While maybe Beltran is not the right guy and answer, I really like the idea of them going out and getting a grizzled vet. Whomever it is should fill the Miguel Tejada void there nicely, as they will probably want some decent production to go along with the tutoring and vetran leadership.

A RF bat ( We already have Gordon in left and Cain in Center... not really negotiable to move them) + a #2 starter is an absolute must this offseason for KC if you feel comfortable with the rest of the core. Anything less is being cheap imo.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RF bat ( We already have Gordon in left and Cain in Center... not really negotiable to move them) + a #2 starter is an absolute must this offseason for KC if you feel comfortable with the rest of the core. Anything less is being cheap imo.

And I agree. But, these are the Royals, and thier history says they like playing on the cheap.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Yankees need to do alot this season. first they need to take care of Robinson Cano and get some pitching help

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree. But, these are the Royals, and thier history says they like playing on the cheap.

Justin Maxwell trying to hit RHP? Everyday player? :what::fear::frusty:

GMDM being a derp and signing Ervin Santana for 7 yr contract?

Edit: Oh lord, please don't be cheap and/or overpay in years.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Maxwell trying to hit RHP? Everyday player? :what::fear::frusty:

GMDM being a derp and signing Ervin Santana for 7 yr contract?

Edit: Oh lord, please don't be cheap and/or overpay in years.

It does take quite a bit to be a good and dedicated Royals fan. Kudos to you sir, with extra credit for an honest, non-homer assessment.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take quite a bit to be a good and dedicated Royals fan. Kudos to you sir, with extra credit for an honest, non-homer assessment.

Rolling the dice and hoping things go well hasn't exactly been rewarding for the optimistic Royals fan over the years. I am not going to be amused if the FO decides to dick around when they have the 1st 'legit' core to build around in many years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any shortstops out there that can hit lefties? Is Drew on the market?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Yankees need to do alot this season. first they need to take care of Robinson Cano and get some pitching help

If by "take care of" you mean for the Yankees to tell him to pound sand, then, I agree. I say that, as I don't have high hopes of him lowering his asking price, not while rookie agent Jay Z is still trying to make a name for himself. That, and with the Dodgers signing the latest Cuban to be their next 2B, the high end market just does not seem to be there for him this offseason.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling the dice and hoping things go well hasn't exactly been rewarding for the optimistic Royals fan over the years. I am not going to be amused if the FO decides to dick around when they have the 1st 'legit' core to build around in many years.

They at least have been headed in the right direction for the last few years. They just HAVE TO continue on in that vein, or, they will start to lose fans again, and that would be hard to take.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by "take care of" you mean for the Yankees to tell him to pound sand, then, I agree. I say that, as I don't have high hopes of him lowering his asking price, not while rookie agent Jay Z is still trying to make a name for himself. That, and with the Dodgers signing the latest Cuban to be their next 2B, the high end market just does not seem to be there for him this offseason.
Cano shouldn't get a stupid contract. Teams are getting smarter and he is worth more to the Yankees than anyone else, imo