• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season recap

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal loss. Parkey is terrible and he won't be here next year but overall we overachieved and Pace established a foundation of talent with this team that'll keep us competitive for years. The way Pace drafts and finds talent, I have no doubt we'll be better next year.

Observations

* Parkey will be gone. I said if we are going to lose a playoff game it'll be because of Parkey and guess what, the genius was right again. He's been terrible all year and it's somehow fitting it ends this way.

* Trubisky showed flashes but we can all agree he needs to get much much better. The good news is, it doesn't appear he won't get better. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

* Howard didn't lead the league in rushing TDs like the idiots thought he would. And his performance isn't going to come back and haunt me year after year like everyone said it would. To me, Howard didn't underperform. He plays well when there are big holes and when there aren't he's average at best. He's not a playmaker. I would hope Pace uses Howard as trade bait next year. I will give Howard credit for his vastly improved catching abilities.

* Nagy was great as a head coach. His creativity on offense was a breath of fresh air and I'm looking forward to what this offense can do with a year under their belts

* If i had to guess, I think we are going to lose Fangio. There's just too much interest in him right now and well deserved.

* Foles and Flacco will be free agents, maybe we'll have some interest there because Chase Daniels is horrible.

* Can't wait til the draft (even though we don't have a 1st, 2nd or 6th). I'm sure Pace will do a great job again.

Offensive MVP: Tarik Cohen
Defensive MVP: Khalil Mack
Defensive weak link: Amos (and he screwed us this game)
Most disappointing rookie: Joel Iyiegbuniwe
Bears ROY: Roquan (he looks like the real deal), Daniels (what a find this kid ended up being)
Most consistently wrong fan: noonthirtyjoe
Most idiotic fan: richi07

See you all next year idiots. You're welcome for being the lone seer of the truth.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll touch on a couple of points, altho I'm in agreement with a lot of what you said. There is no way Foles is going to sign with any team unless he's guaranteed to be the starting QB and he deserves it. Flacco is a more likely candidate, but I think he too will wait it out until he can land with a team that will give him the opportunity to start - which won't be the Bears.

I think Tarik had a good year, but not enough to warrant as the offensive MVP. Despite Mitch's MANY mistakes - yes, there were many - he nonetheless was our best player on offense. Inconsistent as all get out, but then again, who wasn't inconsistent amongst our top playmakers? And that included Cohen as well.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal loss. Parkey is terrible and he won't be here next year but overall we overachieved and Pace established a foundation of talent with this team that'll keep us competitive for years. The way Pace drafts and finds talent, I have no doubt we'll be better next year.

Observations

* Parkey will be gone. I said if we are going to lose a playoff game it'll be because of Parkey and guess what, the genius was right again. He's been terrible all year and it's somehow fitting it ends this way.

* Trubisky showed flashes but we can all agree he needs to get much much better. The good news is, it doesn't appear he won't get better. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

* Howard didn't lead the league in rushing TDs like the idiots thought he would. And his performance isn't going to come back and haunt me year after year like everyone said it would. To me, Howard didn't underperform. He plays well when there are big holes and when there aren't he's average at best. He's not a playmaker. I would hope Pace uses Howard as trade bait next year. I will give Howard credit for his vastly improved catching abilities.

* Nagy was great as a head coach. His creativity on offense was a breath of fresh air and I'm looking forward to what this offense can do with a year under their belts

* If i had to guess, I think we are going to lose Fangio. There's just too much interest in him right now and well deserved.

* Foles and Flacco will be free agents, maybe we'll have some interest there because Chase Daniels is horrible.

* Can't wait til the draft (even though we don't have a 1st, 2nd or 6th). I'm sure Pace will do a great job again.

Offensive MVP: Tarik Cohen
Defensive MVP: Khalil Mack
Defensive weak link: Amos (and he screwed us this game)
Most disappointing rookie: Joel Iyiegbuniwe
Bears ROY: Roquan (he looks like the real deal), Daniels (what a find this kid ended up being)
Most consistently wrong fan: noonthirtyjoe
Most idiotic fan: richi07

See you all next year idiots. You're welcome for being the lone seer of the truth.

Goddamn you are fucking retarded.

OMG, what a genius, Parkey suck gallons of cum. WHAT A GENIUS!!

OMG...ya Trubisky totally screwed that shit with 303 yds, 1 TD and no TD's. He is shit and realkly needs to step up next year, or slit his scrotum with a rusty nail file.

You are fucking complete and utter retard with Howard. He will have a fine career.

Nagy's cool. Duh duh derp. Big call there, fuckwit.

Fangio will stay.

Foles is a backup, and absolutely nothing more. Fuck his pedestrian ass, I hope he dies of Gonorrhea.

I hope you die on draft nite.

OMVP. Trubisky. Dummy.
DMVP. Mack. Duh.

Most disappointing rook...jesus, who fucking cares...excellent draft.

Best rook...uh Roquan em shit..derp derp derp...fuck yer stupid. No shit...Roquan, Daniels and Miller are, and will be awesome...big prediction there slowtard.

Noon's cool.

I actually agree with richig...fuck your dick in toasters, and fuck yer stupid shit-spewing dick socket. Shut yer fucking dick garage.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG...ya Trubisky totally screwed that shit with 303 yds, 1 TD and no TD's. He is shit and realkly needs to step up next year, or slit his scrotum with a rusty nail file.

You are fucking complete and utter retard with Howard. He will have a fine career.

Fangio will stay.

Foles is a backup, and absolutely nothing more. Fuck his pedestrian ass, I hope he dies of Gonorrhea.

OMVP. Trubisky. Dummy.
DMVP. Mack. Duh.

Best rook...uh Roquan em shit..derp derp derp...fuck yer stupid. No shit...Roquan, Daniels and Miller are, and will be awesome...big prediction there slowtard.

Noon's cool.

I actually agree with richig...fuck your dick in toasters, and fuck yer stupid shit-spewing dick socket. Shut yer fucking dick garage.

***INTs

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drunken rephrase...i don't agree WITH richig...I agree he needs to stfu

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]
Observations

The good news is, it doesn't appear he won't get better.
People may take your opinions in a better light if you clean up the double negative.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to address the backup QB spot with anything more than Daniel. He's not there to play, he's there to mentor, and he's a good one. Very few teams have backups you could rely on to play at a top tier level and we won't have the funds to splurge there.

I don't consider Cohen much of a double threat. He doesn't run inside, tries to bounce everything outside and usually loses yards because of it. Outstanding receiver though but ultimately a gadget type player unfortunately. I'd like to see Howard replaced with a back that's more suited for this offense. I think it would open things up quite a bit more. I hear Kareem Hunt is available.

The big story is Trubisky. He came along well and i feel we were cheated in having him suffer that injury which set him back 3 weeks. That Rams game was awful and it seemed like the strides he was making were stalled. He quietly had a really good last few games, including the game against the Eagles with one bad throw that was luckily a dropped INT. Some of those throws he made were gorgeous. Combine that with his escapability and he's dangerous. The concern is that he'll be able to get through his progressions, but you're looking at the Bears' QB for the next 4 years at least. His floor appears to be high enough to give him at least til the end of his rookie contract to squeeze as much juice out of him as possible.

Nagy is a boss. Dude was born to be a head coach. Watch his presser after the Eagles game. Huge hire by Pace and a big reason why the Bears will be competitive for the next 8 years or so.

Pace's moves have been masterful, except for Parkey. His drafts are studly, Mack is obviously a monster. Good thing too cause we're short on draft capital for the next couple years. We're going to have to get used to losing good players and counting on young guys to step up and fill the voids left behind.

Hopefully Fangio stays. I think it can't be understated how important he is. We have a ton of talent but he's a top 3 coordinator for a reason. We'd have to get lucky to find a guy who can give us something of the same level. There's no way we won't see some sort of defensive regression next year (especially since we were so healthy this year) so the offense will need to pick up the slack, and i think they will. Robinson one more year removed from the ACL, Miller is a stud, Burton is a great fit and Gabriel is better than i though he would be. Throw Cohen in and whatever happens at RB (even if it's nothing) with another year under their belts and we could easily see a top 10 offense next year if everything comes together.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 2 Goff: 15 games, 62.1% cmp%, 3804 yards, 28 TDs, 7 INTs, 8.0 YPA, 100.5 rating, 52.1 QBR, 51 rush yds, 1.8 YPR, 1 rush TD

Year 2 Mitch: 14 games, 66.6% cmp%, 3223 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INTs, 7.4 YPA, 95.4 rating, 72.8 QBR, 421 rush yds, 6.2 YPR, 3 TDs

Mitch's QBR is better this year than Goff's is this year. Maybe it's because of his rushing prowess? Anyway, those numbers are fairly comparable considering the allegories to being a high draft pick, horrible first year, new young offensive coach, team being good and so on. Not that Goff is the greatest thing ever but Mitch is in good hands and he's on the right track. If Mitch can be a poor man's version of Steve Young (numbers are quite similar at a glance) then we'll be in fine shape.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Mitch over Goff any day of the week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears played their 2nd worst game of the season in pass-blocking per an ESPN report, and Kyle Long graded the worst.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fangio will stay.

OMVP. Trubisky. Dummy.
DMVP. Mack. Duh.

Noon's cool.

I think you’re way too high on Trubisky right now. He’s promising, but he could turn out to be very average. He could also come out and throw 40+ touch downs next year. However, he wasn’t there yet. He was very lucky to not have several more picks. We saw a big enough jump this year. Last year he had his wings plucked, this year he struggled in some games and showed some mental limitations on the field. That might be the fact he doesn’t have too much experience in the system, but it could be that he just likes to check down. Next year, I hope we see him throwing downfield successfully a bit more. At the beginning of the year I said he had to show some talent. He has. Now he needs to improve more.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’re way too high on Trubisky right now. He’s promising, but he could turn out to be very average. He could also come out and throw 40+ touch downs next year. However, he wasn’t there yet. He was very lucky to not have several more picks. We saw a big enough jump this year. Last year he had his wings plucked, this year he struggled in some games and showed some mental limitations on the field. That might be the fact he doesn’t have too much experience in the system, but it could be that he just likes to check down. Next year, I hope we see him throwing downfield successfully a bit more. At the beginning of the year I said he had to show some talent. He has. Now he needs to improve more.

This team rides or dies with Trubisky. Easily the OMVP for the team.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team rides or dies with Trubisky. Easily the OMVP for the team.
I agree with the first part. Cohen was the omvp this season though. Trubisky still has some improving to do. Question: Were you okay with Grossman starting? It would explain a lot. You can be objective of Trubisky and still be a fan of his...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the first part. Cohen was the omvp this season though. Trubisky still has some improving to do. Question: Were you okay with Grossman starting? It would explain a lot. You can be objective of Trubisky and still be a fan of his...

Most VALUABLE player is Trubisky and it's not even close. Take Cohen away and this team is still successful. Take Trubisky away and they lose to the Giants.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen is the most exciting, and electric player, but IMO he is not the most valuable.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have stated multiple times already that Trubisky's and Nagy's conservatism in the first half, cost us the game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most VALUABLE player is Trubisky and it's not even close. Take Cohen away and this team is still successful. Take Trubisky away and they lose to the Giants.
So, what? They lost to the dolphins WITH Trubisky. One game where the back up starts doesn’t make Trubisky the omvp. The offense worked so much better with Cohen on the field. You act like Trubisky is Joe Montana. He shows promise, but he’s average at best right now. There’s a reason the top ten bears ranked by pff were on defense. And that’s because the offense wasn’t good. Most notably because Trubisky was very average, but spread the ball around. If he can fix those grossly errant throws while picking better opportunities to go down field, he could be great. He still has parts of his game to address before I’m ready to sign him long term.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what? They lost to the dolphins WITH Trubisky. One game where the back up starts doesn’t make Trubisky the omvp. The offense worked so much better with Cohen on the field. You act like Trubisky is Joe Montana. He shows promise, but he’s average at best right now. There’s a reason the top ten bears ranked by pff were on defense. And that’s because the offense wasn’t good. Most notably because Trubisky was very average, but spread the ball around. If he can fix those grossly errant throws while picking better opportunities to go down field, he could be great. He still has parts of his game to address before I’m ready to sign him long term.

lol..jesus christ settle the fuck down...not everyone has to agree with your stupid ass. Nobody is saying he's Joe fucking Montana, Captain Hyperbole.

The QB position, by itself, is the most important position on the field, which automatically makes it more valuable and important than some dumb RB.

How many teams have to interchange backs for people to realize that. Look at the Steelers. Everyone acted like Bell was sooo important. Fuck him. Conner's better. For every great electric play that Cohen made, there were games where he completely disappeared. The dude had one play Sunday nite. One decent return, in the entire fucking game, but he's the MVP? GTFO

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..jesus christ settle the fuck down...not everyone has to agree with your stupid ass. Nobody is saying he's Joe fucking Montana, Captain Hyperbole.

The QB position, by itself, is the most important position on the field, which automatically makes it more valuable and important than some dumb RB.

How many teams have to interchange backs for people to realize that. Look at the Steelers. Everyone acted like Bell was sooo important. Fuck him. Conner's better. For every great electric play that Cohen made, there were games where he completely disappeared. The dude had one play Sunday nite. One decent return, in the entire fucking game, but he's the MVP? GTFO
Yeah, and if we had an above average qb with Cohen, we would’ve won the playoff game. If we had a better back than Cohen, we probably still lose. That’s why I don’t call trubs the OMVP this year.