• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Smith

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about going after this guy in FA? I really like him, his size an speed make him hard to beat over the top. He might be really dangerous in our scheme

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not him, I would like to take a look at Talib. There is a lot of talent out there at CB and I think we should let Rogers walk and look at them.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could keep Rogers and sign a CB. Which is what we should do. Take Whitner off the field and have Smith take his assignments on passing downs.

Pozz, Bingo, and Myself are fully on board with going after Sean Smith. Reports are the 49ers are already interested. He's gonna get $8M+ per. I like this a lot more than Revis at $16M per.

My only concern is Goldson. Reports say we aren't gonna tag him. If he walks for more green money then we have to replace him in the draft most likely.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could keep Rogers and sign a CB. Which is what we should do. Take Whitner off the field and have Smith take his assignments on passing downs.

Pozz, Bingo, and Myself are fully on board with going after Sean Smith. Reports are the 49ers are already interested. He's gonna get $8M+ per. I like this a lot more than Revis at $16M per.

Honestly I didn't even realize that he was a FA until now, that guy could be a true lock down guy and is just coming into his prime. I'm excited about the prospect of getting our hands on him. Even more than I like Talib who I also would be very happy with and I believe would thrive in our system.

I would happily pay him 8 million a year to get him here long term. I wouldn't even want Revis for 16 million a year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tracking Tim Tebow trade noise, Wes Welker chatter, other buzz - NFL.com

We're interested but so are a lot of other teams and it could be a bidding war that goes beyond what we're willing to pay.

I agree that it could turn into a bidding war. If that happens I wouldn't mind taking a look at a guy like Talib or DRC. This is a very talented CB market right now.

I do however think that we need to get rid of Rogers, we can't afford to pay hiim and give another CB bigtime money.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I didn't even realize that he was a FA until now, that guy could be a true lock down guy and is just coming into his prime. I'm excited about the prospect of getting our hands on him. Even more than I like Talib who I also would be very happy with and I believe would thrive in our system.

I would happily pay him 8 million a year to get him here long term. I wouldn't even want Revis for 16 million a year.

Smith is going to have A LOT of interest though so I expect his price to be higher than 8. It comes down to how high we are willing to go until we turn our attention to the other guys which there are a lot of. The free agent CB market is lovely.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

My only concern is Goldson. Reports say we aren't gonna tag him. If he walks for more green money then we have to replace him in the draft most likely.

He'll get Carr and Joseph money easily but I agree I would rather him at that price than Revis at 16 per.

I think he should be our #1 target this offseason and if we can land him, resign Goldson, and draft someone to replace Whitner with coverage skills I would say our secondary would be in great shape.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've wondered for months if part of his problem was the system fit in Miami. I'm not as in tune into what's realistically financially viable as others are with this team these days, but he's one of my favorite guys in FA this year that I'd love to target if possible.

I've been screaming for so many CBs for about 10 years now and almost every single one has been signed by somebody else. In my adult life I've never been satisfied with the 49ers CB group.

I'd definitely add Chris Houston to that list, too.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be nice if he was one of those guys we flew in right away once FA started and didn't let him leave until we get a deal done.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Chris Houston is high on my list too. I wanna say he graded out very well last season. I'm shocked why Detroit isn't locking him up. They have nothing at the moment but should add DeeM at #5 but still...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sean Smith would be a solid signing. I definitely want to sign at least 1 CB (preferably 2) and cut Rogers.

DRC & Leotis McKelvin would be my ideal pair to sign ('cause McKelvin could return punts too; and he's a friggn' dangerous return man).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for cap space Pozz.

If we trade Alex Smith between March 12th and 15th, cut Akers and cut Haralson we will have roughly $18,227,575 in cap space with 51 players on the roster.

Others that could be cut to clear even more are Goodwin and Manningham which would add an additional $8.3M in cap space.

$18M is a lot especially if Goldson isn't returning.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for cap space Pozz.

If we trade Alex Smith between March 12th and 15th, cut Akers and cut Haralson we will have roughly $18,227,575 in cap space with 51 players on the roster.

Others that could be cut to clear even more are Goodwin and Manningham which would add an additional $8.3M in cap space.

$18M is a lot especially if Goldson isn't returning.

What does Rogers count against the cap? I'm guessing that he could clear up some nice space as well. I don't think we cut Manningha but Goodwin could be a possibility depening on how ready Kilgore or Looney is to step up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What does Rogers count against the cap? I'm guessing that he could clear up some nice space as well. I don't think we cut Manningha but Goodwin could be a possibility depening on how ready Kilgore or Looney is to step up.

If memory serves, Rogers' salary is over 7 million & if he's cut, he'll only count about 2 million against the cap.

I think it would be dumb to keep Manningham on at that salary after the kind of injury he incurred.

I could live with keeping Goodwin 1 more season, but I can still dream that Cooper falls to 31.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, Rogers' salary is over 7 million & if he's cut, he'll only count about 2 million against the cap.

I think it would be dumb to keep Manningham on at that salary after the kind of injury he incurred.

I could live with keeping Goodwin 1 more season, but I can still dream that Cooper falls to 31.

I certainly think that we should cut Rogers, he isn't worth his salary anymore and we need the money to sign better players at his posiiton. As well as keep some of our key guys like Walker or Goldson.

I don't think keeping Manningham would be dumb especially considering how desperately we need all of our WR's. I certainly wouldn't cut him due to injury, espcially when he will be ready to go by the start of the season maybe training camp.

There is no way in hell that I would ever draft a center in the first round. Not a damn chance. I can live with drafting a RT or LG in the 1st but a center, hell no. Just a waste.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Rogers would result in $2,919,531 in cap space. We'd have $4,425,000 in dead money for this season as a result. I'd prefer we wait a year to cut him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all changes if we cut guys after June 1st 2013. We'd open even more space for the 2013 season. As a result the 2014 and beyond signing bonus money would all count as dead money on the 2014 cap.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith would play well in our system but at 8 mil per year and loose Goldson is a tough pill for me to swallow. I would rather give Goldson who has thrived in our system the last two years 8 mil and sign another CB then sign Smith and draft a Safety.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also living in South FL and most of my family & friends are Dolfans no one is upset about not resigning him. Most think giving him 8+ a year is crazy IJS