• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks to Make Russell Wilson Highest-Paid Quarterback

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks to Make Russell Wilson Highest-Paid Quarterback:

NFL.com said:
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via sources involved in the situation, Russell Wilson is expected to become the NFL's highest-paid quarterback when the Seahawks sign him to a long-term extension in the coming offseason.

Seattle has built the NFL's deepest and most talented roster while devoting less than $1 million per year to the starting quarterback since Wilson was drafted in 2012.

Aaron Rodgers is currently atop the NFL's salary structure, with a five-year, $110 million contract averaging $22 million annually.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is going to doom the Seahawks. No way they can sign all their other good players while paying Wilson that kind of salary. Wilson being greedy and taking that huge salary and not being a team player will destroy the Seahawks. Just watch. 7-9, here they go again.

Oh Wait, Seattle ALREADY signed EVERY other key player except Bobby Wagner, which WILL happen too. Go Hawks.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is going to doom the Seahawks. No way they can sign all their other good players while paying Wilson that kind of salary. Wilson being greedy and taking that huge salary and not being a team player will destroy the Seahawks. Just watch. 7-9, here they go again.

Well said.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my seahawks but man this is deep we can almost forget about signing free agents because after russells contract everything is going into keeping our current players, I hope this works out in our favor moving forward because as good as wilson is he isnt good enough to make avg recievers great like brady, rodgers, or manning our passing game attack is the worst part of our game

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres to hope the money doesn't change him

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have complete contract details been revealed?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my seahawks but man this is deep we can almost forget about signing free agents because after russells contract everything is going into keeping our current players, I hope this works out in our favor moving forward because as good as wilson is he isnt good enough to make avg recievers great like brady, rodgers, or manning our passing game attack is the worst part of our game

Oh no........and even if that was true, it has kept Seattle from winning in what way?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare him make as much money as he can when he knows that his career is probably over in 10-12 years. It's the toughest position on the roster to fill and that makes QB's very expensive. I don't blame a guy for getting as much as he can for his skill set. I'd do it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a horrible idea.

I like it.

What's the alternative? Let him walk? And I'm calling BS on the report. They're gearing up for the playoffs and I have a hard time believing that they have the bandwidth to talk huge deals like this.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have complete contract details been revealed?

I don't think so. Based on the NFL.com snippet, it doesn't even read as if a deal has necessarily been worked out.

I think Seattle would have to consider letting Wilson walk before making him the highest paid QB in the league. It's not as if Wilson's value is as high to many teams in the league as it is to Seattle. Seems like Seattle ought to be able to use that observation to its advantage in negotiating with Wilson.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click bait article. Nothing definitive in there from either the Hawks, or from Wilson's camp.

The Schneider FO has yet to write a contract that has hamstrung the team, or that they couldn't get out of after a few years, and I don't expect Wilson's to be any different.

But it will be for a boatload of money.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Based on the NFL.com snippet, it doesn't even read as if a deal has necessarily been worked out.

I think Seattle would have to consider letting Wilson walk before making him the highest paid QB in the league. It's not as if Wilson's value is as high to many teams in the league as it is to Seattle. Seems like Seattle ought to be able to use that observation to its advantage in negotiating with Wilson.

Imagine the $$$ if RW is part of another Hawk SB win this year. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the alternative? Let him walk? And I'm calling BS on the report. They're gearing up for the playoffs and I have a hard time believing that they have the bandwidth to talk huge deals like this.

Idk. Tag him?

Hard to believe any other team would make him the highest paid QB. For me anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if this report ends up being legit. Cuz you're right, the timing is very odd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no way should Wilson deserve to be the highest paid QB.

And no this isn't "hating"

This is something called the truth

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I agree gohusk. This is all speculation, but it is fun to speculate. CAP going up, other players already signed, I don't see this as an issue.
Thomas, Sherman, Cam, Avril, Bennett, Wright, (Wagner soon too). That is 7 guys from the D, signed for multi years. PC and JS have always found guys to fit the other spots.

Unger, Baldwin, Lynch (1 year only), (Wilson soon). That's only 4, but I see PC and JC refilling the o-line with young drafted players, and they have two young promising receivers.

Okung, Irvin, Carpenter, Lynch (this will hurt) could all be expendable, and their return will depend on the size of RW's and BW's contracts.

With these 11 core guys, plus other young players under control for 2 or more years, I see Seattle still being very strong for at least the next 2 seasons after this season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the $$$ if RW is part of another Hawk SB win this year. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Good point. Another SB win would certainly figure to improve Wilson's bargaining position.