• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks to Make Russell Wilson Highest-Paid Quarterback

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no way should Wilson deserve to be the highest paid QB.

And no this isn't "hating"

This is something called the truth

If, I said IF, bksballer. IF RW leads the Seahawks to consecutive SB title, please tell me some REAL REASON why he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid QB. He wins.....period. Wins = Paid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, I said IF, bksballer. IF RW leads the Seahawks to consecutive SB title, please tell me some REAL REASON why he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid QB. He wins.....period. Wins = Paid.

The team wins. Lynch and the defense will be more reason why Seattle repeats more than RW.

This isn't a team with a mediocre running attack and a middle of the road defense.

They're #1 in running and defense.

Where do they rank in passing?

As I said making him the highest paid QB would look good probably for the next 2 or 3 years but once Lynch leaves and the defense starts to fall off that contract is going to look bad in year 4 and 5 most likely

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everyone here is wishing for just doesn't happen. All those QB's with high salaries still seem to have their team in the playoffs. Seattle has plenty of cap space to pay Wilson along with Wagner and still some money for free agents. And that is figured with Lynch on the roster also. Your hopes and prayers of Seattle getting weaker are fading fast.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Based on the NFL.com snippet, it doesn't even read as if a deal has necessarily been worked out.

I think Seattle would have to consider letting Wilson walk before making him the highest paid QB in the league. It's not as if Wilson's value is as high to many teams in the league as it is to Seattle. Seems like Seattle ought to be able to use that observation to its advantage in negotiating with Wilson.

Maybe Denver needs to let Manning walk as he hasn't won the superbowl.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team wins. Lynch and the defense will be more reason why Seattle repeats more than RW.

This isn't a team with a mediocre running attack and a middle of the road defense.

They're #1 in running and defense.

Where do they rank in passing?

As I said making him the highest paid QB would look good probably for the next 2 or 3 years but once Lynch leaves and the defense starts to fall off that contract is going to look bad in year 4 and 5 most likely

So, please correct me if I'm wrong.
You believe that RW could NOT pass for 4000-4400+ yards in a season, regardless of the other players on his team or the offensive philosophy implemented by the coach. IMO, you seem to use his 210 or so YPG as a barometer of what he is capable of doing, regardless of what is asked of him.

Where do they rank in passing? That is one of your questions. Are you saying RW is incapable of leading his team to 4400 Yard Passing given different defense and different offense? There is a REASON they rank low in passing, you believe RW holds that key, I believe RW can run whatever Offense his coach asks him to run.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bound to happen. You can't have a successful team for very long because of big contracts like this one.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, please correct me if I'm wrong.
You believe that RW could NOT pass for 4000-4400+ yards in a season, regardless of the other players on his team or the offensive philosophy implemented by the coach. IMO, you seem to use his 210 or so YPG as a barometer of what he is capable of doing, regardless of what is asked of him.

Where do they rank in passing? That is one of your questions. Are you saying RW is incapable of leading his team to 4400 Yard Passing given different defense and different offense? There is a REASON they rank low in passing, you believe RW holds that key, I believe RW can run whatever Offense his coach asks him to run.

When Russell proves he can lead a team with no running game and a middle of the road defense to 11 or 12 wins I'll believe it.

He's a solid QB but I don't know how good he would be if he was in an offense where a running game was lacking and same goes for a defense which means he would have to throw 35+ passes weekly and put up about 30 PPG weekly.

There is no lock that 3 or 4 years from now Seattle defense is as dominant.

Father time is undefeated.....

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! So many Russell Wilson haters. He isn't going to throw 300 yds a game because he doesn't need to nor is he asked to. All he does is win.

When it gets down to arguing about who is the best, the final argument seems to be how many superbowls? How does he do in the big games?

Russell Wilson has not been in the league long enough to even be in the conversation. But for his first three years he is beyond anybody's expectations. The kid is dedicated and a perfect fit for Seattle's offensive philosophy of run till the legs fall off and don't turn the ball over.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go.

Just because we aren't kissing Russell Wilson's ass we are haters lol

Typical response

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go.

Just because we aren't kissing Russell Wilson's ass we are haters lol

Typical response

C'mon basket, you just hate anything Seahawks. Its absurd for you to disagree. The evidence is all over these threads.

Saying someone doesn't deserve to ask for as much money as he can get is just ridiculous. Every player deserves every penny they can get. The career is short and you end up with some serious health issues.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Denver needs to let Manning walk as he hasn't won the superbowl.

Manning still has two years left on his contract, so that makes no sense. When Manning signed with Denver, SF and AZ were prepared to offer him a deal comparable to what Denver offered. How many teams in the league do you think are prepared to make Wilson the highest paid QB in the league? Great as he is on Seattle, surely you realize that his value on other teams is not as great as it is in Seattle. Seattle ought to be able to use that to its advantage in negotiations with Wilson.

All teams face cap constraints that affect their personnel decisions. For example, Denver faces tough personnel decisions this offseason with both Julius Thomas and Demarius Thomas. Though I would like for them to both remain Broncos, I also understand the cap ramifications of paying too much to keep them. Similarly, each dollar spent on Wilson reduces by $1 the amount of salary that Seattle can pay its other p[ayers.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Russell proves he can lead a team with no running game and a middle of the road defense to 11 or 12 wins I'll believe it.

He's a solid QB but I don't know how good he would be if he was in an offense where a running game was lacking and same goes for a defense which means he would have to throw 35+ passes weekly and put up about 30 PPG weekly.

There is no lock that 3 or 4 years from now Seattle defense is as dominant.

Father time is undefeated.....

So Drew Brees failed to prove himself this season based on your own criteria. I like Drew and think he is one of the best. But all of them need a team around them.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning still has two years left on his contract, so that makes no sense. When Manning signed with Denver, SF and AZ were prepared to offer him a deal comparable to what Denver offered. How many teams in the league do you think are prepared to make Wilson the highest paid QB in the league? Great as he is on Seattle, surely you realize that his value on other teams is not as great as it is in Seattle. Seattle ought to be able to use that to its advantage in negotiations with Wilson.

All teams face cap constraints that affect their personnel decisions. For example, Denver faces tough personnel decisions this offseason with both Julius Thomas and Demarius Thomas. Though I would like for them to both remain Broncos, I also understand the cap ramifications of paying too much to keep them. Similarly, each dollar spent on Wilson reduces by $1 the amount of salary that Seattle can pay its other p[ayers.

I only mentioned it because it also doesn't make sense to let RW walk. This thread is dumb. Every team faces the challenges of paying their best players. So what.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 types of teams in the NFL: those with franchise QBs, and those who are trying to find one.

If RW does sign a contract that makes him the highest paid at the position, it will only last until the next franchise QB signs his.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Drew Brees failed to prove himself this season based on your own criteria. I like Drew and think he is one of the best. But all of them need a team around them.

No this is false. Brees basically never really had a running game or defense in New Orleans outside of 2 years. This year the issue was the o-line and too many injuries on defense.

Brees has proven several times that he can carry his team to double digit wins and a division title without a solid running attack or good defense.

Your statement would only be true if the Saints had a solid run game and top defense in all of Drew years in New Orleans until this season but we both that is not the case

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon basket, you just hate anything Seahawks. Its absurd for you to disagree. The evidence is all over these threads.

Saying someone doesn't deserve to ask for as much money as he can get is just ridiculous. Every player deserves every penny they can get. The career is short and you end up with some serious health issues.

:L

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you one thing Brees hasn't proven: that he can beat Seattle.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true. It's also why in the salary cap era you can't keep great teams together.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you one thing Brees hasn't proven: that he can beat Seattle.

Nice lol

Typical Seattle fans.

Can't stay on topic so they bring up the Saints in response to my comments ABOUT THE ACTUAL THREAD TOPIC

:clap:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no way should Wilson deserve to be the highest paid QB.

And no this isn't "hating"

This is something called the truth

Are you saying Russ doesn't deserve tier one money? Since the salary cap goes up every year, the highest paid QB will always be the last one to get Tier 1 money. Considering Flacco and Cutler got it, it is pretty tough to argue Russ shouldn't.