• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEAHAWKS Schedule

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the first 4 what? games? because they have two at home and two on the road out of the first 4 then go on the bye for week 5. Leaving them with 6 at home and 6 on the road the rest of the way.

Just glad they did not stick it to the Hawks this year with two road games to start the season. Last year was a brutal start having to open the season on the road and not having your home opener till week 3.

Misread the schedule.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this schedule. The Rams move to Los Angeles pays off immediately for us because that's one less 10 am PT start right there. To only have two on the schedule total is not something we should expect to see every year, but to not have a trip to St. Louis and the 10 am PT start that comes with it from here on out is a plus.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this schedule. The Rams move to Los Angeles pays off immediately for us because that's one less 10 am PT start right there. To only have two on the schedule total is not something we should expect to see every year, but to not have a trip to St. Louis and the 10 am PT start that comes with it from here on out is a plus.

I agree having the Rams in LA is nice since the early starts suck. Did anyone else find it odd that our road game in Tampa Bay ISN'T an early game?!? How the hell did that happen? We've all been saying it for years that the league could easily schedule teams that travel from the west to the east coast at a later start time and it looks like someone finally got the memo. That was a nice little bonus I wasn't expecting.

Overall I Looooove this schedule. Only the early bye week sucks, but so what, the rest of the sched looks nice.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree having the Rams in LA is nice since the early starts suck. Did anyone else find it odd that our road game in Tampa Bay ISN'T an early game?!? How the hell did that happen? We've all been saying it for years that the league could easily schedule teams that travel from the west to the east coast at a later start time and it looks like someone finally got the memo. That was a nice little bonus I wasn't expecting.

Overall I Looooove this schedule. Only the early bye week sucks, but so what, the rest of the sched looks nice.

The late start in Tampa is very nice. Could be they want to showcase Winston vs Wilson.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the relatively early bye week, the only noticeable issue with the schedule this year is the quick turnaround between week 14's game on the road in potentially bad weather in Green Bay and week 15's game at home against the Rams. That's not even taking into account the week 13 Sunday Night game.Not ideal, but also not something that Carroll is probably all that worried about. The core of this team has been through that kind of stretch before.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early bye is about the only thing to bitch about. Besides that, really like the schedule.

I'm calling 11-5 if we stay relatively healthy. 12-4 possible.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking the schedule too. Important to get off to a hot start and get to 5-0 or 4-1 before we get into the meat of the season.

I've already started talking to my tailgating friends and we're going to look into driving down for the Week 2 game in LA. Gonna be pretty cool to be the first team to spank the LA NFL team at home in 2 decades :thumb:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of draft prospects the Rams gave up to draft a QB is jaw dropping. They've basically gutted two entire drafts. Wow is that going to hurt two to three years from now. They're going to end up in cap hell overpaying FAs to fill the needs those draft picks.

And all I got to say is........GOOD!!!!

Thank god we got Allen, Schneider, and Carroll running the show.

And got to love that we lose that automatic 10am start time the NFL was always slapping us with when playing at St. Louis. Nice to see the NFC West located entirely on the west coast.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then we are all in agreement? A great schedule.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then we are all in agreement? A great schedule.

Good schedule. A later Bye week would be ideal, especially since the back end could end up being so crucial.

Happy overall though

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big problem for the Seahawks in recent years have been slow starts, going 4-4 in '12, 3-3 in '14 and 2-4 in '15. That doesn't appear that it should be an issue this season.

Positives:
*Relatively easy start. Miami at home to open, Rams at LA in what hopefully is a rookie QB struggling with transistion issues, 9ers at home. The Jets appear to be the toughest of the early season games but they currently don't have a QB (I am assuming that it will be Fitz but imagine if he slipped out of town and the Jets ended up with some after thought like Kaep at the helm?!?).

*Only two(!) 10 am starts. Only the NYJ and NO games as early games. That has to be a record for the Hawks.

*The five prime-time games. My gut feeling would be that the east coast teams (Buffalo, NE, Carolina) would be at a disadvantage having to start games at 8:30 pm according to their inner clocks. No real advantage or disadvantage against Cards and Rams. The personal downside is that I will have to stay up all night five times and either miss work or be a zombie for half a day to see the games due to my location (Norway).

*2nd place schedule. According to last years records the Seahawks have the 5th toughest schedule in the league, but it appears slightly softer than that to me. On the other hand, the 1st place schedule for the Cards does not appear to be any tougher really. Our two other potential early starts (at GB and at NE) are both scheduled for later. Still not at all easy games but the later starts are certainly preferable to the early ones going into Pack and Pats territory.

Negatives:
*Early bye. This could work out to be a blessing depending on injury status, but I know that we would all like to see a week#8 or later bye.

*At Patriots on a short week after a Monday night game. Always tough to go into Foxboro to play. Even tougher on one less day. As mentioned though, at least it is a later start.

*Arizona (x2), Carolina, at NE, at GB. All strong teams who made deep playoff runs last year.

Overall:
Anything less than 10-6 would be a disappointment. I am hoping for 11-5, 12-4 territory.

Here's to staying healthy and making a run! Fast start and hot finish going into the playoffs!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hours and hours of deliberation and acute analysis, my prediction is 13-3.

Miami - W
@ LA Rams - W
SF - W
@ NY Jets - W
BYE
Atlanta - W
@ Arizona - L (Primetime)
@ New Orleans - W
Buffalo - W (Primetime)
@ New England - L (Primetime)
Philadelphia - W
@ Tampa Bay - W
Carolina - W (Primetime)
@Green Bay - L
LA Rams - W (Primetime)
Arizona - W
@ SF - W

Losing 2 primetime games could be unusual. We're typically very good under the national lights, but @Arizona and @New England are serious games, and the Patriots will be coming off a Bye while we're coming off a short week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins and Rams both have good DL, looks like the new OL will get tested early. If they can hold up in those two games, that would a big plus.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*2nd place schedule. According to last years records the Seahawks have the 5th toughest schedule in the league, but it appears slightly softer than that to me. On the other hand, the 1st place schedule for the Cards does not appear to be any tougher really. Our two other potential early starts (at GB and at NE) are both scheduled for later. Still not at all easy games but the later starts are certainly preferable to the early ones going into Pack and Pats territory.

What place you finished in the prev season only affects 2 matchups for the next year's schedule.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall not a bad slate. Things I like: only 2 10am pacific starts, 3 home prime time games, favorable early lineup. Things I don't like: week 5 bye, playing @ NE after their bye and with us coming off a short week. Another interesting thing is we are the matchup for the Rams home opener in week 2. PC returns to LA.

Never been to NOLA, may have to see about catching that one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall not a bad slate. Things I like: only 2 10am pacific starts, 3 home prime time games, favorable early lineup. Things I don't like: week 5 bye, playing @ NE after their bye and with us coming off a short week. Another interesting thing is we are the matchup for the Rams home opener in week 2. PC returns to LA.

Never been to NOLA, may have to see about catching that one.
Looking forward to that game against the Rams. Hoping the Seahawks sweep them this year.:hope:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still the usual 5 long trips... Least it's not 6 now with the Rams being in LA. Bleh.

Nice that we get a bye after the New York game which is ONLY the third longest (F you Tampa and New England).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocked to see the NFC west has 4 of the top 7 toughest Schedules. This makes me scratch my head because the Rams and 49ers were not all that good ( record wise ). Should be a fun year fellas and i am looking forward to football again. Hate the offseason and every year Football season seems to become shorter and shorter while the offseason gets longer and longer lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocked to see the NFC west has 4 of the top 7 toughest Schedules. This makes me scratch my head because the Rams and 49ers were not all that good ( record wise ). Should be a fun year fellas and i am looking forward to football again. Hate the offseason and every year Football season seems to become shorter and shorter while the offseason gets longer and longer lol.
The schedule isn't some big mystery and only 2 of 16 games have anything to do with standings from the prev year. You play 6 in your own division, a complete div from each conf (on a rotating schedule that is regular), and then 2 teams from the other 2 divisions in your conf that finished in the same place as you did last year. The "toughest schedule" stuff is just looking at records from the prev season, which is not a fool proof predictor of who will be good this year.