• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks reach agreement with lynch!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks OL is better than you give them credit for.

Their stats, salaries, and results say otherwise. Lynch leads the league in yards after contact year after year. Feel free to make a fact-based argument, though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 1306 yards gets you $12 million I shudder to think what it's going to cost Dallas to sign Murray.

Murray won't cost as much due to the fact that he has serious injury concerns. This is the first season that Murray has played all 16 games, and he nearly had 400 carries in the process. I'd be willing to bet serious money that Murray doesn't play 16 games next year. With the beating that NFL runningbacks take, I'd be extremely cautious giving Murray big money, or a significant amount of years. You can make the case that Murray had the best season of any NFL runningback in 2014, but the injuries are a big red flag.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the Murray situation, the Cowboys have a very good offensive line. The Seahawks offensive line is extremely mediocre, the fact that Lynch puts up the numbers he does behind this unit is impressive.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Oline isn't mediocre, but it isn't Top 5 either. It doesn't' have to be when you have a RB like Lynch and a mobile QB like Wilson. When we had all our starters out there healthy (Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Sweezy, and Britt), the Oline performed well enough. Britt as a rookie had some rough starts early in the season, but he really developed well over the course of the season, and looks like we got a winner at RT for years to come. End up being a really solid use of a 2nd round draft pick and paid off immediately.

Now teams like the Pats and Broncos with their older drop back QBs who are statues back there, you got to invest heavily in the Oline. Their offense depends heavily on timing and if your D can disrupt the timing enough, it can compromise the entire game plan.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Oline isn't mediocre, but it isn't Top 5 either. It doesn't' have to be when you have a RB like Lynch and a mobile QB like Wilson. When we had all our starters out there healthy (Okung, Carpenter, Unger, Sweezy, and Britt), the Oline performed well enough. Britt as a rookie had some rough starts early in the season, but he really developed well over the course of the season, and looks like we got a winner at RT for years to come. End up being a really solid use of a 2nd round draft pick and paid off immediately.

Now teams like the Pats and Broncos with their older drop back QBs who are statues back there, you got to invest heavily in the Oline. Their offense depends heavily on timing and if your D can disrupt the timing enough, it can compromise the entire game plan.

I highly disagree. The Seahawks talent at QB and HB compensate for how bad the Seahawks offensive line is.

According to this metric, the Seahawks have the 23rd ranked offensive line in the NFL in terms of pass blocking:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/12/sig-stats-pbe-o-line-units/

Which takes into consideration sacks, hits and hurries. Russell Wilson's ability to evade pass rushers probably lifts that up a few spots, but 23 is still mediocre.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/11/sig-stats-elusive-rating-2/

This states that Lynch averages 2.96 yards after contact, which means he is getting hit relatively quickly after getting the ball. The Seahawks have two competent offensive linemen with Russell Okung and Max Unger. The rest are replacement level players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's this CRAP spewed by those that wish to see Seattle fail. I'm 100% confident that Seahawk Management has a well written, well thought out plan to work with the CAP. Never at any time do I imagine Seattle Management saying "Man, these two moves will kill our CAP, but WTH." "That purguy fan knows his CAP, and I'm sure we should listen to him, because he knows better than we do"

After Lynch and Wilson are signed, the only REAL necessary player left is Wagner. Then we have our ENTIRE core signed and wont lose a SINGLE key player from the core. Okung may be part of that sacrifice, but I'm ok with letting Okung go if it means keeping all others.
U might be right. We will all find out soon.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to his agent, the Seahawks have not reached an agreement with Marshawn Lynch.

This contradicts a report from Jason La Canfora, who said Saturday that a deal was "in place." PFT's Mike Florio is adamant the Seahawks aren't close to any contract extension with Lynch and even suggested that Beast Mode could retire. We don't think that's the case, but if Lynch does call it quits, Seattle would be owed $1.5 million of the signing bonus he received in 2012.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to his agent, the Seahawks have not reached an agreement with Marshawn Lynch.

This contradicts a report from Jason La Canfora, who said Saturday that a deal was "in place." PFT's Mike Florio is adamant the Seahawks aren't close to any contract extension with Lynch and even suggested that Beast Mode could retire. We don't think that's the case, but if Lynch does call it quits, Seattle would be owed $1.5 million of the signing bonus he received in 2012.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. Seahawks put a strong offer out to him, but if he wants to retire, what can you do?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's this CRAP spewed by those that wish to see Seattle fail. I'm 100% confident that Seahawk Management has a well written, well thought out plan to work with the CAP. Never at any time do I imagine Seattle Management saying "Man, these two moves will kill our CAP, but WTH." "That purguy fan knows his CAP, and I'm sure we should listen to him, because he knows better than we do"

After Lynch and Wilson are signed, the only REAL necessary player left is Wagner. Then we have our ENTIRE core signed and wont lose a SINGLE key player from the core. Okung may be part of that sacrifice, but I'm ok with letting Okung go if it means keeping all others.

Seattle is entering into a very new way of running their team. They have been fortunate the last few years to have one of the most expensive and important positions be at such a cheap price in Wilson. Now that he is about to get paid it definitely changes how they have to go about things as they cannot have some of the signings they have had in the past to build depth.

It is why they could absorb having such a highly paid player like Harvin fail and still find such success. Most teams if one of their top paid players fails they don't usually do too well. It also is why in 2013 they were able to sign guys like Bennett and Avril with having some extra room to add playmakers.

Now that they will soon have their core locked up to such big contracts it means they will have to depend that much more on the draft to build any kind of depth. The issue for teams is not usually being able to pay for high quality starters. The issue for most teams once they start handing out such big contracts is they then don't have the room to take chances to add the quality depth that they need. It makes them depend a little more on some luck through the draft and also that injuries will not come.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it isn't top 5 and it isn't shit, doesn't that by definition make it mediocre?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is entering into a very new way of running their team. They have been fortunate the last few years to have one of the most expensive and important positions be at such a cheap price in Wilson. Now that he is about to get paid it definitely changes how they have to go about things as they cannot have some of the signings they have had in the past to build depth.

It is why they could absorb having such a highly paid player like Harvin fail and still find such success. Most teams if one of their top paid players fails they don't usually do too well. It also is why in 2013 they were able to sign guys like Bennett and Avril with having some extra room to add playmakers.

Now that they will soon have their core locked up to such big contracts it means they will have to depend that much more on the draft to build any kind of depth. The issue for teams is not usually being able to pay for high quality starters. The issue for most teams once they start handing out such big contracts is they then don't have the room to take chances to add the quality depth that they need. It makes them depend a little more on some luck through the draft and also that injuries will not come.

Good drafting is why the Seahawks became good and they'll have to rely on the draft for depth, really nothing much has change. It's always about hitting it in the draft for most teams to be successful.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good drafting is why the Seahawks became good and they'll have to rely on the draft for depth, really nothing much has change. It's always about hitting it in the draft for most teams to be successful.

Good drafting and retaining the stars the team has already accumulated will help them maintain their success. With Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, KJ Wright, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Max Unger, and soon Russell Wilson already under contract long term, the team already has a strong base to build around. It just needs to fill the remaining spots through strong drafting and retaining the players they can while also adding cheap vets on 1 year deals (see Kevin Williams) to add depth.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good drafting is why the Seahawks became good and they'll have to rely on the draft for depth, really nothing much has change. It's always about hitting it in the draft for most teams to be successful.[/

Exactly. The "big" problem is that Seattle has superstars they need to pay so they'll be looking to the draft for depth. Well that's not a problem when you consider that most teams don't have but one of two superstars and are looking to the draft for a bunch of starters. And I keep hearing "they wouldn't have been able to build this team had they been paying market value for their QB...." That's bullshit, Seattle has been in the top half of the league in cap space at the start of every season for the past three year, they could have afforded his contract and still some everything else damn near the same. Probably would have been a blessing actually because it most likely would have taken Harvin off the table.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant more along the lines of they will no longer be able to look to FA a ton to fill out the roster. Yes they have done some decent drafting which is why they have gotten where they are but they have also made some great FA signings like Bennett and Avril that were key parts in them winning the Super Bowl.

I would say though that last 2 drafts have been mediocre at best. Now I know it could be early to say that and with such a loaded team it is hard to see many of the young players even get a chance so I could be way off base on some of that. Just the little I have seen some of those young guys play though I have not been left impressed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant more along the lines of they will no longer be able to look to FA a ton to fill out the roster. Yes they have done some decent drafting which is why they have gotten where they are but they have also made some great FA signings like Bennett and Avril that were key parts in them winning the Super Bowl.

I would say though that last 2 drafts have been mediocre at best. Now I know it could be early to say that and with such a loaded team it is hard to see many of the young players even get a chance so I could be way off base on some of that. Just the little I have seen some of those young guys play though I have not been left impressed.

Yes they were able to sign Avril and Bennett in free agent signings, but who else? Signing FA really hasn't been a big part to the plan. It was nice those two worked out, however. FA signings usually don't work out.

You may be right about the last two drafts, but you can't hit them all. Nobody does that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they were able to sign Avril and Bennett in free agent signings, but who else? Signing FA really hasn't been a big part to the plan. It was nice those two worked out, however. FA signings usually don't work out.

You may be right about the last two drafts, but you can't hit them all. Nobody does that.

You are right nobody does that otherwise they would just run away with the NFL every single season. One good draft though can definitely set a team up for years just like we saw with the Seahawks having 2 really good drafts that netted them some all-pro talent that didn't have to be 1st round picks. Very rare to see that happen but they obviously have a good grasp on how to run a draft. Doesn't mean that plan always works out but with the NFL being a copy cat league it makes it tougher when other teams figure out what you are doing to find those late gems as everybody is going by the same method.

As for the FA signings...Mostly that 2013 season signings really helped push them over the top. They didn't have a ton because of hitting so much in the draft but they definitely fixed one of their bigger weaknesses in getting themselves a pass rush. This past year Kevin Williams is the only decent name I can remember you guys signing. So maybe I was a little off in saying the Seahawks have to change up how they are doing things as they really haven't done much out of a few signings. I apologize should have worded that a little differently. They have been great at drafting and making sure not to waste much money on players that don't contribute. Really the only big time contract this last year that was a waste was Harvin and they were smart to ship him out.

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess now everyone can stop talking about " if Lynch isn't a Seahawk next year" time to change it to oh oh they over paid.:nod:

Nah.... we'll just be happy so there is no excuses when you DON'T win the division or the Super Bowl next year either.

LOL.... Haters gotta hate. :yes:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murrays not gonna be cheap thats for sure. HE had the classic "contract year"

The difference between him and lynch is longevity and durability. Lynch has been a star for years, Murr just broke onto the scene last year, in part to finally playing a full season with no injuries

he will get paid for sure. More then Lynch?? who knows, I dont care