• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks reach agreement with lynch!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, they gave him a deal.

Bet they still wish they would've given him the rock, too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what getting 1306 yards behind the Seahawks' offensive line gets you. Getting that number of yards behind Dallas's premium-quality, premium-cost line is a whole other kettle of fish. Murray is fungible. Lynch isn't. There are maybe two RBs in the league that could do what he did behind that O line, and AP costs even more.
The Seahawks OL is better than you give them credit for.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still skeptical on if lynch has decided yet. Usually the main news sources would've picked up the story of lynch signing, but I am not seeing it being reported anywhere. I think he will resign, but I'm not buying he has made his decision until I see reports of him signing a deal.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sign it, as long as there's a 1-yard line, super bowl win, clause.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow talk about over paying. I guess seattle had to but this kills their cap.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember last year when the Seahawks "officially" signed Jared Allen (as reported by ESPN)

...I'll believe this when the Seahawks or when Marshawn's camp says it's official

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 is old for a RB that has absorbed as much punishment as Lynch has. :nod:
a 4 year deal that is really only 2 guaranteed and likely has clauses in it isn't that risky of a bet. Any dead money is bad, but this one won't bring them much if it goes south.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you explain why you feel that way?

Well he is 28 years old and soon to be 29 year old RB, thats a lot of money for a RB on the decline of a RB. Also u are about to give 20 million to your QB. With this signing and wilson, Seattle will have to cut some people now. Between your QB and RB next year year they will make 32 million next year. 20 mill for Wilson(guess at what he will make), and Lynch at 12 million.

Now Seattle needs Lynch so I understand the move.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is 28 years old and soon to be 29 year old RB, thats a lot of money for a RB on the decline of a RB. Also u are about to give 20 million to your QB. With this signing and wilson, Seattle will have to cut some people now. Between your QB and RB next year year they will make 32 million next year. 20 mill for Wilson(guess at what he will make), and Lynch at 12 million.

Purg, weren't you one of the many that said no way would Seattle be able to keep a majority of their stars? You are merely speculating. I said on your board 4 months ago, SF is in the middle of cap problems and just take a look at how our division teams look regarding the cap.
Without question, Seattle is in the best spot. It is not close and am open to debate my view if you wish.
Besides, Marshawn has done a real nice job at kicking the 9ers butts over the years. If anyone should understand Marshawn's value, it should be 9er fans.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I apologize. I asked why you felt that way, you responded and I went a bit full charge on you.
RW might not get the contract this year. Read that thread if you wish. RW may demand all the $ and if he does, I am 1st in line to say yes.
That hasn't happened yet, so we can only guess about these things.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purg, weren't you one of the many that said no way would Seattle be able to keep a majority of their stars? You are merely speculating. I said on your board 4 months ago, SF is in the middle of cap problems and just take a look at how our division teams look regarding the cap.
Without question, Seattle is in the best spot. It is not close and am open to debate my view if you wish.
Besides, Marshawn has done a real nice job at kicking the 9ers butts over the years. If anyone should understand Marshawn's value, it should be 9er fans.
U have the worst situation after the signing of Lynch and Wilson. Im with u on Lynch. I said he is the most important player on Seattle Offense. I understand the move but damn the front office screwed up on this one with the dollar value. These next 2 moves will destroy seattle. U will see. Cant pay a QB that much and a RB that much and be ok.

again I understand the move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize. I asked why you felt that way, you responded and I went a bit full charge on you.
RW might not get the contract this year. Read that thread if you wish. RW may demand all the $ and if he does, I am 1st in line to say yes.
That hasn't happened yet, so we can only guess about these things.
Its ok. Again I don't blame Seattle for this move. They need Lynch and I think Lynch knows that. Still wouldn't shock me if Seattle drafted a RB in Rd 1 or 2 still. If Im seattle I go offense heavy in this draft. TE's, WRs, and a RB.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure you understand how contracts work.

It is unlikely Wilson counts 20m against the cap for this coming season. With the signing bonus he will get that will be spread out over 5 years his base salary for the season will likely be low. It's normally the second or third year where it really starts to climb up in cap hits.

Lynch getting a 3-4 year deal would also likely push some of that money back and he may not actually count a full 12 against the cap. His is a lot more uncertain as it will be a shorter contract with a lot more chances of ending early so it won't push as much back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you understand how contracts work.

It is unlikely Wilson counts 20m against the cap for this coming season. With the signing bonus he will get that will be spread out over 5 years his base salary for the season will likely be low. It's normally the second or third year where it really starts to climb up in cap hits.

Lynch getting a 3-4 year deal would also likely push some of that money back and he may not actually count a full 12 against the cap. His is a lot more uncertain as it will be a shorter contract with a lot more chances of ending early so it won't push as much back.
we just have to wait and see.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just have to wait and see.
I was just saying your assumptions about how much giving Lynch extra money will hurt them this year because of how much you assume Wilson will count against the cap is almost certainly wrong.

If they give Wilson the kind of deal people are expecting his bonus money will be insane and his base for this year could be as low as 5-8m because of it. His cap hit shouldn't be more than 12-15 at most. Next year is when it would climb to 20+ if he gets the kind of contract you are expecting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lynch is as important to their offense as Wilson is.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U have the worst situation after the signing of Lynch and Wilson. Im with u on Lynch. I said he is the most important player on Seattle Offense. I understand the move but damn the front office screwed up on this one with the dollar value. These next 2 moves will destroy seattle. U will see. Cant pay a QB that much and a RB that much and be ok.

again I understand the move.

Honestly it's this CRAP spewed by those that wish to see Seattle fail. I'm 100% confident that Seahawk Management has a well written, well thought out plan to work with the CAP. Never at any time do I imagine Seattle Management saying "Man, these two moves will kill our CAP, but WTH." "That purguy fan knows his CAP, and I'm sure we should listen to him, because he knows better than we do"

After Lynch and Wilson are signed, the only REAL necessary player left is Wagner. Then we have our ENTIRE core signed and wont lose a SINGLE key player from the core. Okung may be part of that sacrifice, but I'm ok with letting Okung go if it means keeping all others.