• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks re-sign Walters

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather it is Bates or Walters, doesn't matter I believe the idea of us carrying 7 WRs will be short lived. Once Norwood is 100%, we will drop to 6 WRs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weird move. Why not keep Walters and cut Bates a couple days ago if that's what they were gonna do anyway? I have no problem with having Walters on the team, it just seems like something had to have happened with Bates since rosters were supposed to be finalized to make them cut him and add Walters to it. It'll be interesting to see if we get an explanation. Not that we necessarily need one, but given the circumstances, it'd be nice to know what happened.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weird move. Why not keep Walters and cut Bates a couple days ago if that's what they were gonna do anyway? I have no problem with having Walters on the team, it just seems like something had to have happened with Bates since rosters were supposed to be finalized to make them cut him and add Walters to it. It'll be interesting to see if we get an explanation. Not that we necessarily need one, but given the circumstances, it'd be nice to know what happened.

My best guess.
Pete thinks Bates would get picked up if cut during the final cutdown. So, Walters being mainly a ST guy was let go instead instead of Bates expecting that no one would pick up Walters.
After cutdown, teams try to finalize their rosters. Once set, Bates then gets cut with the idea he can sail through the waiver wire and make it to the PS because most teams have set their roster.
After Bates gets cut, resign Walters giving Seattle the most favorable chance to retain both.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guess.
Pete thinks Bates would get picked up if cut during the final cutdown. So, Walters being mainly a ST guy was let go instead instead of Bates expecting that no one would pick up Walters.
After cutdown, teams try to finalize their rosters. Once set, Bates then gets cut with the idea he can sail through the waiver wire and make it to the PS because most teams have set their roster.
After Bates gets cut, resign Walters giving Seattle the most favorable chance to retain both.

I think you are over thinking it lol. Norwood was not cleared to practice yet and i believe that had more to do with it. A day later the Doctors cleared Norwood to practice so they did not need the extra big body receiver. This allowed them to cut Bates and pick Walters back up who showed he was the better special team player between Bates and himself.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are over thinking it lol. Norwood was not cleared to practice yet and i believe that had more to do with it. A day later the Doctors cleared Norwood to practice so they did not need the extra big body receiver. This allowed them to cut Bates and pick Walters back up who showed he was the better special team player between Bates and himself.

A common fault of mine, LOL.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather it is Bates or Walters, doesn't matter I believe the idea of us carrying 7 WRs will be short lived. Once Norwood is 100%, we will drop to 6 WRs.

We now have 8 WRs. Hmmm this is going to be interesting to see how this plays out