• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Packers 5:40 Central Sunday on Fox

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get down to cases. Weather is expected to be normal winter temps 25 at game time 30% chance of snow.

Lots has been said about the Packers just squeaking by on their way to a 13-3 record. Their point differential was +63. Seattle was 11-5 with a +7. Edge Packers. Pack favored by home field margin +3.5

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Packers are a good team but I don't think they are a great team so I like the Packers but I don't love them in this game.

Considering how banged up the Seahawks are still I just don't think they'll have enough on offense to win it. I'm not convinced the Hawks defense is in great shape either since it was struggling until yesterday when they played a toothless due to injury Eagle's offense.

But the Packer's offense hasn't been the model of consistency so I could envision a scenario like with the Vikings/Saints where the Packer's offense sputters enough that Wilson can make enough plays to eke out a win. The Packer's defense has been largely consistent though and even if the Packer's offense struggles they could still limit the Seahawks enough to win a close one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Packers to win this game. Probably 70% chance. Seahawks will need to win the turnover battle to win this game.

I will say this. If the game goes to overtime and Russ wins the toss and then says "We are going to take the ball and we are going to win!" I'd feel a lot better about that than the last time a Seahawks QB did that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt many Seahawks fans expect a win, but crazy shit happens in this sport. Still feels like they are playing with house money compared to where I thought they'd be at the start of the season. Just missing a few too many pieces to be a complete enough team. Sure, they went out and won 11, but 10 of them were by less than a score with way too many 'ugly wins' to be really happy about it.

If Ansah and Clowney are healthy enough to generate a pass rush it could be a lot closer than people think. If not Wilson will be playing from behind.

Either way there won't be shit fans throwing batteries and other bullshit at the team after the game so there's that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 24
Packers 17
Refs 10

sorry Hawks fans

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt many Seahawks fans expect a win, but crazy shit happens in this sport. Still feels like they are playing with house money compared to where I thought they'd be at the start of the season. Just missing a few too many pieces to be a complete enough team. Sure, they went out and won 11, but 10 of them were by less than a score with way too many 'ugly wins' to be really happy about it.

If Ansah and Clowney are healthy enough to generate a pass rush it could be a lot closer than people think. If not Wilson will be playing from behind.

Either way there won't be shit fans throwing batteries and other bullshit at the team after the game so there's that.
I think the Hawks will surprise a few people this weekend.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing different with the Pack this year is their health. This has been the healthiest they have been in years. There are really no starters out with injury. Plus rumors from my inside sources have said with the Packers new coach and offense that they have been holding back and have not showed everything saving things for the playoffs. So we will have to wait and see i that is true. Maybe it will be time to put together a full game on both sides of the ball

I am saddened that as I am at the game on Sunday that it will not be like 5 degrees outside as my weather app shows a night time temp of 27 on Sunday night and that is just to damn warm for the Frozen Tundra it appears climate change is taking away from the advantage of the Frozen Tundra

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be won on defense. D line specifically. Team with the most sacks wins. Av bet me!!!

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not taking this one for granted. Nothing has come easy this year and the Seahawks are every bit as scrappy as we are. Would not shock me if we lost

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The one thing different with the Pack this year is their health. This has been the healthiest they have been in years. There are really no starters out with injury. Plus rumors from my inside sources have said with the Packers new coach and offense that they have been holding back and have not showed everything saving things for the playoffs. So we will have to wait and see i that is true. Maybe it will be time to put together a full game on both sides of the ball

I am saddened that as I am at the game on Sunday that it will not be like 5 degrees outside as my weather app shows a night time temp of 27 on Sunday night and that is just to damn warm for the Frozen Tundra it appears climate change is taking away from the advantage of the Frozen Tundra

They'll have a few new wrinkles in their offense as most teams with a bye tend to do but I'm not buying them holding back anything during the season for the playoffs.

At least no more than any other team because I just can't see them risking playoff seeding for "saving" their offense for the playoffs. They were one loss from having to play in the wildcard round and one 49er loss from having 1st seed overall and you'd be much better off making sure you lock that up than worrying about what your showing and not showing for the playoffs.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Green Bay wins by outplaying Seattle, fine, but I'm just dreading all the offsides jumping and getting caught with too many men already. Can't have too many of those self inflicted penalties and come out of Lambeau with a win.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I don't think Ansah can generate a pass rush anymore even if he's healthy.

Clowney isn't much of a pass rusher but he can be really all around disruptive as he was this past week and the 1st 9ers matchup. Just have to see if he digs out that kind of performance or not since he can be inconsistent even when healthy.

The one thing that will help the Seahawks is they are very used to seeing this offense as McVay runs it and Shanahan probably runs it the best so they basically see it 4 times a year. And unlike the Rams and 9ers who on the flip side are very familiar with Carroll's defense and the ways to beat it Green Bay doesn't have that experience.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna take a perfect game to beat them, but Seahawks do have a chance here. Rest up as best we can and give it all we got.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are overrated and the Seahawks suck. Both teams are equally bad and boring.

Seahawks in a squeaker. Should be exciting.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This venue hasn't been kind to Seattle. Only 1 franchise win there, and we needed GB's former coach to get it. 20+ years ago. The home team is undefeated in the RW vs Rodgers series. Road teams have enjoyed some recent success in the wild card round, but I think home teams are very tough to beat in this round because 1) you're talking about the top 2 seeds on each side, and 2) they've had a week off.

I more or less agree with Flyer -- GB probably has a 70% chance or so to win. But when you have Russell Wilson, you always have a shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it's hard not to pick the Pack, and I do think they will win. But...GB had better make sure RW is on the ground early and often.

24-20 GB.