• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks - Niners Rivalry Thread

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I think its time to identify the purple elephant in the room....

And that would be Seattles seriously struggling secondary.

What is up with that. Before the game Brandon Browner told T.Y. Hilton that he was "light as fuck", and Hilton didn't say anything till after the game was over... Although its typically Sherman making some derragatory remark about other players they face, this time Browner decided to be the weeks seahawk douchenozzle.

"Browner said I'm light as (expletive)," Hilton told USA TODAY Sports after his sizzling performance helped the Indianapolis Colts post a 34-28 victory.

"He pushed the button," Hilton said. "So he deserved it."

Interestingly, Hilton said he never heard a peep from Sherman, the all-pro cornerback who has a reputation for getting under the skin of opponents with sharp trash-talking and who could be seen visibly angry with Earl Thomas after Hilton slipped passed sherman for a 73 yard TD.

"Richard Sherman? He wouldn't even look me in the eye," Hilton said. "Not at all. The whole time."

Funny how loudest mouths in football were silenced by the revenge their words inspired.

Sherman didn't look like the best cornerback in football or anything even remotely close to it. Hilton's 73-yard score came on a blown coverage on Sherman's side of the field, and he was called for pass interference on a crucial third-down play early in the fourth quarter. That 16-yard penalty allowed Luck to continue moving the ball and resulted in 6-minute, 40-second drive that ended with Brown's go-ahead scoring run. Sherman's cornerback teammate, Brandon Browner, wasn't himself, either. He was burned by Luck on Hilton's second TD catch and was called for pass interference in the first half, a play that led to an Indy field goal. Hilton and Reggie Wayne combined for 11 catches, 205 yards and two scores.

And this comes on the heals of giving up 355 passing yards to Matt Shaub and the Texans.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I think its time to identify the purple elephant in the room....

And that would be Seattles seriously struggling secondary.

What is up with that. Before the game Brandon Browner told T.Y. Hilton that he was "light as fuck", and Hilton didn't say anything till after the game was over... Although its typically Sherman making some derragatory remark about other players they face, this time Browner decided to be the weeks seahawk douchenozzle.

"Browner said I'm light as (expletive)," Hilton told USA TODAY Sports after his sizzling performance helped the Indianapolis Colts post a 34-28 victory.

"He pushed the button," Hilton said. "So he deserved it."

Interestingly, Hilton said he never heard a peep from Sherman, the all-pro cornerback who has a reputation for getting under the skin of opponents with sharp trash-talking and who could be seen visibly angry with Earl Thomas after Hilton slipped passed sherman for a 73 yard TD.

"Richard Sherman? He wouldn't even look me in the eye," Hilton said. "Not at all. The whole time."

Funny how loudest mouths in football were silenced by the revenge their words inspired.

Sherman didn't look like the best cornerback in football or anything even remotely close to it. Hilton's 73-yard score came on a blown coverage on Sherman's side of the field, and he was called for pass interference on a crucial third-down play early in the fourth quarter. That 16-yard penalty allowed Luck to continue moving the ball and resulted in 6-minute, 40-second drive that ended with Brown's go-ahead scoring run. Sherman's cornerback teammate, Brandon Browner, wasn't himself, either. He was burned by Luck on Hilton's second TD catch and was called for pass interference in the first half, a play that led to an Indy field goal. Hilton and Reggie Wayne combined for 11 catches, 205 yards and two scores.

And this comes on the heals of giving up 355 passing yards to Matt Shaub and the Texans.
You really have no clue how football works do you? Let me guess, you never played a down right?

It was OBVIOUS from anyone watching that long play that seattle was in a zone and Sherman was on the under routes. Why was Sherman on Thomas? Because he didn't slide over to his responsibility. I mean have you ever watched a defense before? How did you not notice that was a zone? You are mind bogglingly stupid.

Hilton burned Browner at least twice for deep plays on single coverage and Thomas on a zone play. Sherman was not burned by him. The bigger question is why wasn't Sherman in man coverage on him? That is a valid question.

The only other valid question is what's with your obsession over Sherman? And my only comment would be maybe you should learn about defenses 101 before you open your mouth and look that stupid again.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that is so, he still backed off his pursuit before the play was over and that led to a TD, and then his penalty kept another drive alive that led to the game winning TD. He looked frazzled.

Your little insult frenzy tells me you know I am right. The secondary is struggling.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that is so, he still backed off his pursuit before the play was over and that led to a TD, and then his penalty kept another drive alive that led to the game winning TD. He looked frazzled.

Your little insult frenzy tells me you know I am right. The secondary is struggling.

No, you are called names because they fit. Did the secondary have issues that game? Yes. Who said they didn't? I just said you are a total dumbass to put it on a guy who was on an under zone responsibility on a deep pass. Sherman did back off because someone else was coming into his zone around the time the ball was thrown. Really, this is basic stuff man. :drool:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty basic that sherman kept a drive alive that lost the game for the hawks with a 16 yard penalty on 3rd and 15.

Its pretty basic that he also gave up on the play when Hilton burned them for 73 yard TD.

I agree, its pretty basic stuff. Seahawks secondary is playing terrible. 355 yards of passing on them last week, now this... not the right direction.

FREE FALL

Even nfl.com identifies seahawk fan obnoxiousness...
The Seattle fan base blows up the Twitter like none other. In fact, we took some serious grief for picking the Colts over the Seahawks in our Week 5 Game Picks column.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even after you learn that the play you want to endlessly troll on was a 2 deep zone and Thomas was responsible for the deep routes you still stick to your story? :L Yep, it's official. You are a complete football retard.

It's also pretty basic that your QB looks like a deer in headlights and hasn't had a good game this year.

Kind of basic that your defense has been suspect as well blowing up twice. But I can see why you wouldn't want to deal with that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even after you learn that the play you want to endlessly troll on was a 2 deep zone and Thomas was responsible for the deep routes you still stick to your story? :L Yep, it's official. You are a complete football retard.

It's also pretty basic that your QB looks like a deer in headlights and hasn't had a good game this year.

Kind of basic that your defense has been suspect as well blowing up twice. But I can see why you wouldn't want to deal with that.

If he really is a troll, then why the fuck are you responding to him? Wouldn't that make you the dope here, no offense. If he is a troll, then all he really wants is attention... Why bother? You can ignore him you know...

Pet peeve of mine to complain about trolling and then respond to a troll in the same post...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really is a troll, then why the fuck are you responding to him? Wouldn't that make you the dope here, no offense. If he is a troll, then all he really wants is attention... Why bother? You can ignore him you know...

Pet peeve of mine to complain about trolling and then respond to a troll in the same post...

I've said many times I enjoy putting them in their place. What's wrong with that? If you don't care for the exchanges put both of us on ignore and your problem is solved.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why are you peeping in on a rivalry thread? It is full of people who troll the other team much as Breaker is a retard for putting that Hilton TD pass on Sherman.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said many times I enjoy putting them in their place. What's wrong with that? If you don't care for the exchanges put both of us on ignore and your problem is solved.

Fair enough, you answered my question. I would contend you are just encouraging him and really you are simply "feeding the troll" to troll yet again and again. Therefore, I find it rather silly to complain about trolling and then respond to the very same troll, but hey, that's just me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you peeping in on a rivalry thread? It is full of people who troll the other team much as Breaker is a retard for putting that Hilton TD pass on Sherman.

Good question, I suppose I am complaining about the complaining about Breaker when it is really a nonissue in my mind.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never told anyone to stop doing it, just pointed it out. I've also admitted I've trolled others at times. Not that uncommon up here. The bad ones are the people who cannot have a normal conversation or be real at any time. They honestly provide nothing constructive to the board. Still, there are people who like watching the fights. Most are probably the lurkers who never ever post, but read daily (you know who you are).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question, I suppose I am complaining about the complaining about Breaker when it is really a nonissue in my mind.

No, it is a completely valid pet peeve just kind of a silly one on a thread specifically for a rivalry.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, well, anyways, good luck to the Seahawks ( that still sounds gross for me for obvious reasons) I hope you guys win that division. It is nice to see teams play some defense for once.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he likes to put me in my place.... a.k.a call me a troll when he has no excuse for why sherman got burned on a 73 yard TD and looked completely unmotivated to help Thomas with the tackle only to watch Hilton break free and score a TD.... All he had to do, was keep running hard and he would have gotten to hilton before he broke free from thomas, but he took the play off. Result: TD

Later in the game it was third and 15, crucial drive for the Colts and sherman commits pass interference for a 16 yard penalty and a first down. (finally they call him, seahawks are holding all game long in the secondary). No big deal though, the Colts only score there game winning TD on that drive.

I don't know, sherman has a huge mouth, he talks crap about everyone. I think its time to talk about his decling play. I hear coming off the roids is a bitch, wonder if thas affecting his game?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to defend Alldone some more.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have spoken to him and told him that following in Marshawn Lynch's footsteps is not the way to go. He agreed and said that he has to get help now before he actually hurts someone like Lynch did.