• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks - Niners Rivalry Thread

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fellas -> I merged some of these threads, and I'll be dumping some more data in here in the future. Have fun, and it's more-or-less no-holds-barred.

Sweet.

Wait, it should read "Niners - seahawk Rivalry Thread"

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incoming!!!!

jimmy_spit.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great rivalry cooking over there. Kudos!
Fun to watch either teams against any opponent.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If one game defines a running back, don't look now, but Lynch ran for 2.5 yards a carry in Game 1.

Again... its all about yards per carry. Thats all a running back can do but make the most of his carries.

Gore has 1 less carry than Lynch does and 85 more yards which equates to...

Gore 4.8 ypc
Lynch 3.4 ypc

I have nothing against Lynch so to speak, he is a great back, but all I have been hearing about is the impending 30 year wall coming for Gore. So far he has outperformed Lynch. And its worth mentioning if you ask me.

Well, I, for one have always thought Gore was a great back and I think he still has some left in the tank if the coaching staff uses him. That was the problem in the two losses. They forgot what the team was built on and as much potential and success Kaep has had, he still hasn't got a full season under his belt. I think Harbaugh bought into some of the hype and put his young QB in a bad spot.

As for ypc, I have to disagree. I think it's one of the most over-used and over-rated stats in the game and especially only after 3-4 games. As a career or end of the year stat, not terrible maybe but still not great. It can change so quickly with one half or a couple of big runs and really doesn't evaluate the tough 3rd down and short conversions or goal-line runs properly. Give me a guy to move the chains and get the ball in the end zone against loaded fronts. Not to discredit Gore here either but a 4th and short that goes to the house and a game against a terrible run defense really exaggerates those numbers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I, for one have always thought Gore was a great back and I think he still has some left in the tank if the coaching staff uses him. That was the problem in the two losses. They forgot what the team was built on and as much potential and success Kaep has had, he still hasn't got a full season under his belt. I think Harbaugh bought into some of the hype and put his young QB in a bad spot.

As for ypc, I have to disagree. I think it's one of the most over-used and over-rated stats in the game and especially only after 3-4 games. As a career or end of the year stat, not terrible maybe but still not great. It can change so quickly with one half or a couple of big runs and really doesn't evaluate the tough 3rd down and short conversions or goal-line runs properly. Give me a guy to move the chains and get the ball in the end zone against loaded fronts. Not to discredit Gore here either but a 4th and short that goes to the house and a game against a terrible run defense really exaggerates those numbers.

:agree:Great post and right on the money IMO.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go Texans. Watt, put the swat on RW and get a win! :cheer2:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most seahawk fans feel that a three game win streak is enough of a sample to determine they are the best team in the NFC. So....

Secondly the Jaguars have the worst run defense in the league.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not "most Seahawk fans" and I never mentioned Lynch in my post. Honestly, he has been sub par so far as has our offense in general. And I also still consider Gore a better back. I give credit where it is due but I was only stating that ypc is a terrible stat. Perfect example is todays game. Ben Tate leads the league at 7 ypc but would you honestly consider him better then Arian Foster? I sure wouldn't so to say it's all that matters is just not true.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you seem unusually reasonable for a seahawk fan, it might take some time getting used to. Does this reasonableness coincide with the sehawks playing horrible football today? Obviously a lot of things have been said in this thread by a lot of people.

When there are entire threads about 'is there any question the seahawks are not the most superior" team in the nfc.... and this is based on three games I feel I can justifiably compare LYnch and Gore after 3 or 4 games. Whether you said it or not.

But I appreciate your candor and legitimate commentary.... its refreshing.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you have read some of my posts, Breaker. I have stayed objective throughout and have never been a bandwagon jumper. I have been consistent in saying that the start hasn't really proven anything and today's game hasn't changed that. We may still come back in this game ( I remain hopeful) but even if not, 3-1 and a 1.5 game lead in the division is a good start. It won't mean shit if we don't continue to do well but I like our team and our chances. Nothing wrong with believing in our team but I do agree that there is a long way to go. My only stronger comments have been regarding the constant bashing of the other teams guys regardless of the "who started it" shit. It is childish on both sides and pointless. It's like watching my teenage grandchildren. I honestly don't want to be lumped in with ahybody. I'm too old to live my life vicariously through a sports team.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Tacoma, congrats on your win today.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you seem unusually reasonable for a seahawk fan, it might take some time getting used to. Does this reasonableness coincide with the sehawks playing horrible football today? Obviously a lot of things have been said in this thread by a lot of people.

When there are entire threads about 'is there any question the seahawks are not the most superior" team in the nfc.... and this is based on three games I feel I can justifiably compare LYnch and Gore after 3 or 4 games. Whether you said it or not.

But I appreciate your candor and legitimate commentary.... its refreshing.

Really? Captain troll is talking about Seahawk fans? :wtf2:

No one, I mean NO ONE denies Seattle played bad on both sides of the ball over the first half of today's game. They stunk it up bad and we have ALL said that!

What YOU won't admit is they played way better in the second half and did enough to come back and win a game. Why can't you deal with that? Because in your twisted mind Seattle struggling and only getting a win handed to them makes it so you can convince yourself that SF is better than them despite having already lost to them.

Where is your candor? Where is your ability to put bullshit aside and just tip your cap?

Tacoma, save your fingers. This guy doesn't respect you and never will. We have all told him the same things in the past and he just lives in his fantasy land anyway. Our local media may be hyping up the team as the guaranteed next super bowl winners, but I don't know any fans who actually believe that. They are off to the best start of their history and had a quality close to the season last year. They have a young team with lots of great parts that when they all work form a very dangerous team. Still, injuries happen and upsets exist. We all know this and we have said as much. This ass clown only exists up here to troll Seattle fans. There is nothing honest about his postings and even his fellow SF fans will tell you that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Captain troll is talking about Seahawk fans? :wtf2:

No one, I mean NO ONE denies Seattle played bad on both sides of the ball over the first half of today's game. They stunk it up bad and we have ALL said that!

What YOU won't admit is they played way better in the second half and did enough to come back and win a game. Why can't you deal with that? Because in your twisted mind Seattle struggling and only getting a win handed to them makes it so you can convince yourself that SF is better than them despite having already lost to them.

Where is your candor? Where is your ability to put bullshit aside and just tip your cap?

Tacoma, save your fingers. This guy doesn't respect you and never will. We have all told him the same things in the past and he just lives in his fantasy land anyway. Our local media may be hyping up the team as the guaranteed next super bowl winners, but I don't know any fans who actually believe that. They are off to the best start of their history and had a quality close to the season last year. They have a young team with lots of great parts that when they all work form a very dangerous team. Still, injuries happen and upsets exist. We all know this and we have said as much. This ass clown only exists up here to troll Seattle fans. There is nothing honest about his postings and even his fellow SF fans will tell you that.

Well said WizardHawk. The Seahawks got their butts whipped in the first half and I for one didn't want to listen to any excuses. Seahawks showed what they were made of in the second half. What a great win.

As for Breaker, all his "compliments" are of the back handed type. It is going to be fun making him eat dirt. You do a great job of that by the way.:suds:

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread continues to bring the funny... Thanks!!

:suds:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Breaker complains about Seahawks fans never talking candidly and assumes we act that way all the time. He doesn't understand that most of us only resort to the ridiculous claims when we're arguing with him.

1. He doesn't deserve to be talked to like a real sports fan with objectivity and candor.
2. It's absolutely hilarious watching him backpedal, deflect, and ultimately break down and resort to "Fuck you" replies when he gets obliterated on these forums.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he gets backed into a corner he stops posting to that thread or ignores you and only responds to the posts he knows he can troll.

Ask him about the record crowd noise our fans set against his boys a couple of weeks ago. He is on record as saying the shape of the roof actually amplifies the sound 10x. Nope, that's not a typo, he really stands by his claim that it was amped up 10 whole times. So that 136.6db record? Means the crowd was only actually 13.7db and the rest was the roof. :laugh3: I've had farts louder than that ffs.

Will he reply to things like this when called out? No, but he will be right on the next thing he believes he can inflame. Argue with him if you like. Taunt him back or correct him as long as you know it is futile to attempt to have an otherwise normal discussion with him. You are really wasting your time to do so.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not "most Seahawk fans" and I never mentioned Lynch in my post. Honestly, he has been sub par so far as has our offense in general. And I also still consider Gore a better back. I give credit where it is due but I was only stating that ypc is a terrible stat. Perfect example is todays game. Ben Tate leads the league at 7 ypc but would you honestly consider him better then Arian Foster? I sure wouldn't so to say it's all that matters is just not true.

Do you think Lynch is a little worn out? He just doesn't seem like the same running back he was a couple years ago.

Regarding the YPC stat, I had never really thought of the things you mentioned. Those are great points. I still like that stat, however, because it tends to show that a guy is a game breaker, but you're right that there is a lot of value (that often is not appreciated) in a a sure-handed guy who gets the tough yardage and moves the chains.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
At the half against the rams, gore had like 100 yards and a 10 yard per carry average they started running with hunter and dixon in the second half. He probably sat out as long as Lynch did. In fact Gore had 20 carries and Lynch had 17. Lynch had three less carries than gore did and Gore had 150+ yards, and your excuse is that they sat lynch once you got ahead? :noidea:

But I will say Lynch started slow last year too as I recall, and granted Gore had only one big game.

I wasn't comparing Lynch to Gore. You said Lynch's productivity sucked this year. All I did was point out that Lynch took an early exit from the Jax game because of the blowout; and that that was a FACTOR in his lackluster stats going into Sunday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Do you think Lynch is a little worn out? He just doesn't seem like the same running back he was a couple years ago.

I somewhat agree with you regarding the first three games of the season. Marshawn looked like his old dominant self against the Texans though, IMO.