• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks - Niners Rivalry Thread

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good on him then. Even douchers can do nice things :clap:

I hear "douchers" can also stop by a childrens hospital without donating a single dollar for a photo op.

You can compare that to picking up an entire charity organization and carrying it on your shoulders.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
*Shrugs* I don't see anything controversial in what the OP said. He reported a FACT about the Niners fans chanting "Seahawks Suck" and then concluded that we must be in some of the 49ers fans' heads. How is that NOT a reasonable conclusion? If those 49ers fans took the time and energy to scream "Seahawks Sucks" it's reasonable to conclude that our Seahawks are on the mind of those 49ers fans, isn't it?

That's the problem... his conclusion is not accurate IMO. As a 49er fan I am actually glad to have a division rival. With the exception of the AFC south, the NFC West has really been devoid of any real rivals. The LA Rams and 49ers back in the day were but there really hasn't been much since. The Saints with Mora and Hebert and maybe the Falcons with Glanville and Deion but even those were short lived.

The Seahawks are a very good team with a very good QB and Pete understands that the first goal is to win the division. He has done a good job of building this team to beat the 49ers and advance in the playoffs but to say that they are in the 49ers or their fans' head? No.

The Cowboys of the early 90s were in their heads as were the Brett Farve led Packers. They both had something that the 49ers wanted. As of now, the Seahawks are the ones that want to be the NFC champs. They have beaten the 49ers solidly in their last two meetings but there is way to much football to be played.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think any of this necessarily makes Kaepernick a bad person. But it certainly shows how different the two players are in their personality.

Kaepernick is just who he is. Dude is cocky. He's the cool kid in high school. Russell is the jock who is a bit nerdy, was probably class president or head of debate team or something.

Both players are very talented in their own right. Both players are extremely dedicated to their craft.

If I were a 49er fan I would just embrace who Kaepernick is. He's young and flamboyant. It's not an act, it's just who he is. Russell is mature and wise beyond his years. It's not an act either, it's just who he is.

So I'm not sure why people are constantly bringing up both personality traits and using it as a weapon for scrutiny. I love the player that dances and flaunts after a touchdown as much as the player who graciously hands the ball to the ref.

The league needs both type of players. And personally I think it's amazing that one of the best quarterback rivalries that's starting to develop is between two players that exhibit those traits.

Two very different quarterbacks (in terms of personality) leading two very similar teams (smash mouth defensive oriented). It's great for the league if anything.

Well said.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Funny stuff.
Your beloved coach got schooled again by his hated nemesis.
Your cherished QB plays just as advertised.
Your team's running game is old and washed up.
Your team has and continues to regress.
We will dismantle our little sisters to the South on their own turf.

The Rams are looking to replace SF as our rival.

Tell us more about SF's superiorty back in the 80's and 90's...

The Rams? This thread is full of inaccuracies isn't it?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their offense hasn't done them many favors. But they've given up too many points in the redzone to be considered elite IMO.

Ahhh yes.... the myth of the "redzone" relied upon by another simpleton...

grantland_kg_expectedpoints_576.jpg

Here is some reading for you, you don't even have to spit out your bubblegum to read it and learn something like you do when toss out "red zone" as a tell all to a teams defensive worth....

There Is No Red Zone: The NFL's Scoring Myth - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

there are some big words in there you may not understand, so If you want the dumb down version just ask, someone rewrote the article in simpler terms for those that are confused by it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Shrugs* I don't see anything controversial in what the OP said. He reported a FACT about the Niners fans chanting "Seahawks Suck" and then concluded that we must be in some of the 49ers fans' heads. How is that NOT a reasonable conclusion? If those 49ers fans took the time and energy to scream "Seahawks Sucks" it's reasonable to conclude that our Seahawks are on the mind of those 49ers fans, isn't it?

Thats an interesting take Perpetual.... especially for a seahawk fan. A few Niner fans from the ST. Louis area chanting seahawks suck means the seahawks are completely in the 49ers heads?

So then tell me, how do you explain this....

Seahawks fans buying ?Go Hawks? brick at San Francisco?s new stadium - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

but you are all up in our heads? :laugh3:

I mean you have not beaten the Niners in SF since 2008, but you want a "Go Hawks" brick in our new stadium?

Yeah, glad to hear the Niners are not dominating every waking thought of seahawk fans.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Rams are looking to replace SF as our rival."

The most comical thing about that comment is not that we easily beat the rams on the road this year after he said it. Whats comical is that he seriously thinks that being 3-0 means that Seattle now is picking and choosing rivalries. They haven't won in SF since 2008, they havent won the division in three years, but the Rams are trying to be their new rival?

Just the sheer arrogance after winning only three games is astounding. As good as Seattle is, this is all bound to blow up in their faces.

Your team's running game is old and washed up.

But that is my favorite....

So far....

Lynch 62 runs for 210 yards and a 3.4 average
Gore 61 runs for 295 yards and a 4.8 average

This douchenozzle Uhsplit was spouting off about Gore and the 30 year wall just before being banned from the 49ers board for being a belligerent troll.

Given these stats include one more game played by SF, but the averages tell the story...http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling someone arrogant is too funny.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh yes.... the myth of the "redzone" relied upon by another simpleton...

grantland_kg_expectedpoints_576.jpg

Here is some reading for you, you don't even have to spit out your bubblegum to read it and learn something like you do when toss out "red zone" as a tell all to a teams defensive worth....

There Is No Red Zone: The NFL's Scoring Myth - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

For example, a first-and-10 from your own 20 is worth 0.34 expected points; first-and-10 from midfield is worth 2.04 expected points; first-and-10 from your opponent's 10 is worth 4.74 points.

But please, go on about how irrelevant defense is as the field gets shorter, and this somehow proves it. Sorry for using redzone as a broad term, how about 'scoring position' or 'shortened field'?

The fact of the matter is that their defense doesn't keep offenses out of the endzone. IDK about you, but that's how I judge defenses. I dont care if your offense puts you in poor field position, defenses are expected to improve as the field gets shorter. Watch the Seahawks defense, they're very good in the middle of the field but when they get backed up they they're flat out dominant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thats an interesting take Perpetual.... especially for a seahawk fan. A few Niner fans from the ST. Louis area chanting seahawks suck means the seahawks are completely in the 49ers heads?

So then tell me, how do you explain this....

Seahawks fans buying ?Go Hawks? brick at San Francisco?s new stadium - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

but you are all up in our heads? :laugh3:

I mean you have not beaten the Niners in SF since 2008, but you want a "Go Hawks" brick in our new stadium?

Yeah, glad to hear the Niners are not dominating every waking thought of seahawk fans.

So you accuse ME of overgeneralizing about 49ers fans and then in your last sentence, you do the exact same thing about Seahawks fans.

Alrighty then.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For example, a first-and-10 from your own 20 is worth 0.34 expected points; first-and-10 from midfield is worth 2.04 expected points; first-and-10 from your opponent's 10 is worth 4.74 points.

But please, go on about how irrelevant defense is as the field gets shorter, and this somehow proves it. Sorry for using redzone as a broad term, how about 'scoring position' or 'shortened field'?

The fact of the matter is that their defense doesn't keep offenses out of the endzone. IDK about you, but that's how I judge defenses. I dont care if your offense puts you in poor field position, defenses are expected to improve as the field gets shorter.

I never said the defense was irrelevant as the field gets shorter. Please show me where I said this. I said relying on "red zone defense" is the tell all for a defense's strength is bogus. And it is.

Using "red zone" efficiency stats alone a team that allows its opponents to enter the red zone on average of once per game and score every time gets rated worse than a team that allows their opponents to get to the red zone 10 times and score on five of those ten tries. Red zone efficiency leaves a lot out of it when used to judge a defense all on its own.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you accuse ME of overgeneralizing about 49ers fans and then in your last sentence, you do the exact same thing about Seahawks fans.

Alrighty then.

No I am saying that since you think a few niner fans chanting "seahawks suck" means the seahawks are all up in the 49ers heads, then you must be really embarrassed for the hawk fans that actually created a webpage to collect donations to buy bricks for the new 49er stadium and write pro seahawks jargon on them....

Not surprised this is right over your head based on your original comment. I am not making a point other than to laugh at your suggestion. Its your point, not mine.

And it wasn't about generalizing, it was about evidence of "being in someones head" which really blew up in your face didn't it?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling someone arrogant is too funny.

I don't blame you for one line insults.

I mean what the hell are you supposed to say to ....

It has to be a little embarrassing after all the talk about Gore being done and old and how he hit the 30 year wall... blah blah blah...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you for one line insults.

I mean what the hell are you supposed to say to ....

It has to be a little embarrassing after all the talk about Gore being done and old and how he hit the 30 year wall... blah blah blah...
The only people who should be embarrassed are the ones with Kaepernick glam-shot avi's.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jellie75.jpg

Jelly? sounds like it.

Whats Palmer got? Like 3 TD's and 4 Int's and a 70 rating so far? Guess we can't blame him though, I mean with that pathetic group of WR's.... who the hell could do better than that with Larry Fitzgerald catching the ball.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jellie75.jpg

Jelly? sounds like it.

Whats Palmer got? Like 3 TD's and 4 Int's and a 70 rating so far? Guess we can't blame him though, I mean with that pathetic group of WR's.... who the hell could do better than that with Larry Fitzgerald catching the ball.
Once again your inability to understand the point defines your character. We are all well aware of your deflection tactics. Trying to degrade the Cardinals receivers does not take away from the fact that you have an embarrassing avatar. But don't be ashamed. I'm sure your not the only fan that sports a full chub for your favorite player. There's nothing wrong with being in-touch with your feminine side. I respect the lifestyle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No I am saying that since you think a few niner fans chanting "seahawks suck" means the seahawks are all up in the 49ers heads, then you must be really embarrassed for the hawk fans that actually created a webpage to collect donations to buy bricks for the new 49er stadium and write pro seahawks jargon on them....

Not surprised this is right over your head based on your original comment. I am not making a point other than to laugh at your suggestion. Its your point, not mine.

And it wasn't about generalizing, it was about evidence of "being in someones head" which really blew up in your face didn't it?

Not really. I wasn't aware of the brick story, but then again I NEVER claimed that there WEREN'T some Seahawks fans who have the 49ers on their minds. But I'll be consistent and say that Seahawks fans who bought those bricks have the 49ers in their heads to some extent.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I wasn't aware of the brick story, but then again I NEVER claimed that there WEREN'T some Seahawks fans who have the 49ers on their minds. But I'll be consistent and say that Seahawks fans who bought those bricks have the 49ers in their heads to some extent.

To some extent?

:laugh3:

I am also wondering if you see the irony between your name "perpetual beast mode" and Lynch's current stats?