• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks - Niners Rivalry Thread

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about them all you want.

But when you bring them up as some kind of current advantage, you're just lying to yourself. They are as irrelevant as some trolls made up families.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about them all you want.

But when you bring them up as some kind of current advantage, you're just lying to yourself. They are as irrelevant as some trolls made up families.

I have never done that. I don't think our history makes us automatically better than the hawks by any means. But it means we are a storied franchise with multiple dynasties and a trip to the super bowl last year. And in comparison to the hawks that

Seahawks have been to and lost one super bowl 9 years ago.

That aside, I think I could argue effectively that winning the division twice in the past two years, and winning the conference last year still means the hawks have to win the division before they can anoint themselves the second coming of christ.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever bud, you are all over these boards complaining whenever someone talks about their teams past lombardi's.... And you have repeatedly suggested people think that past lombardi's equal current success when thats not what they said even if one guy did. You seem to take real issue with people being proud of their teams history.

I wonder why?

Why do you feel the need to lie so much?

The only time I ever say that is when morons like yourself act like they hold current relevance. You always seem the need to bring them up when discussing the current NFL and the Denver poster that I was talking to blatantly said that they make you a threat now.

Damn, you are a dipshit.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you feel the need to lie so much?

The only time I ever say that is when morons like yourself act like they hold current relevance. You always seem the need to bring them up when discussing the current NFL and the Denver poster that I was talking to blatantly said that they make you a threat now.

Damn, you are a dipshit.

Well you also said we can't talk about last year even.... or that we won the division last year. Apparently, according to you, last years actual division win is less relevant than getting to 3-0 after playing the jags and panthers.

I just think its funny how all the "rules" of what can be talked about have to dance around the Seahawks lack of success both historically and more recently. We can't talk about winning the division, but seahawk fans get to talk about beating the niners at home last year. Its funny stuff.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never done that. I don't think our history makes us automatically better than the hawks by any means. But it means we are a storied franchise with multiple dynasties and a trip to the super bowl last year. And in comparison to the hawks that

Seahawks have been to and lost one super bowl 9 years ago.

That aside, I think I could argue effectively that winning the division twice in the past two years, and winning the conference last year still means the hawks have to win the division before they can anoint themselves the second coming of christ.

Nobody is annointing them the "second coming of christ". In 2013, the Seahawks are the better team than SF. It's not even close. And it wont get close.

Meanwhile, Kap is learning that

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is annointing them the "second coming of christ". In 2013, the Seahawks are the better team than SF. It's not even close. And it wont get close.

Meanwhile, Kap is learning that

Yeah, your post suggests you have "anointed" the hawks the second coming...

"the seaahawks are the better team"
"Its not even close"
"And it won't get close"

You better seriously hope the upcoming five games (four of which are on the road) go as planned, because you are setting yourself up big time. Thats being over cocky and believing your team is the second coming after beating one good team and two bad ones.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you also said we can't talk about last year even.... or that we won the division last year. Apparently, according to you, last years actual division win is less relevant than getting to 3-0 after playing the jags and panthers.

I just think its funny how all the "rules" of what can be talked about have to dance around the Seahawks lack of success both historically and more recently.

LOL, I understand. Your team went from being in the SB to being average very quickly.

I can see why you want to talk about the past so much. Sorry for trying to stop you, go ahead.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever bud, you are all over these boards complaining whenever someone talks about their teams past lombardi's.... And you have repeatedly suggested people think that past lombardi's equal current success when thats not what they said even if one guy did. You seem to take real issue with people being proud of their teams history.

I wonder why?

6fpugwh.jpg

No one takes issue with someone being proud of their history. It's claiming that history makes them better in the here and now. You love rubbing our noses with all those antiques your team owns.
It sure going to fun getting some pay back this year and we'll be doing that every step of the way, because now we are the better team and we are not going to let you forget it.

Now I'm sure you'll claim you've heard that before, that's where the fun begins. Lets see who has the last laugh this year. Looking forward to it. We'll be rubbing your nose in all the way.....or you'll be doing that to us.

We'll see, won't we.:suds:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, your post suggests you have "anointed" the hawks the second coming...

"Its not even close"
"And it won't get close"

You better seriously hope the upcoming five games (four of which are on the road) go as planned, because you are setting yourself up big time. Thats being over cocky and believing your team is the second coming after beating one good team and two bad ones.

The Panthers? Well, they do have a QB that can somewhat read a defense.

After 16 games, the Seahawks will have the better record. Bank it.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I understand. Your team went from being in the SB to being average very quickly.

I can see why you want to talk about the past so much. Sorry for trying to stop you, go ahead.

I never really brought up the past sonny, until you started going around setting rules about what other fans were allowed to talk about so that your pathetic historical relevence would not be repeatedly exposed.

All I know is I love comments like this....

"Its not even close"
"And it won't get close"

Because its a long season and a lot can happen between now and the end of the year. Your comments only verify you are a seahawk fan, because clearly you have never been there before.

Announcing the 49ers won't even get close this year, when you have won 1 more game than we have... :clap:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good QBs that play for a long time.

The Mannings and Bradys are not going to get flustered with a lot of pressure they know where they can go yes. But even some good QBs get rushed and dont go though full progression certainly QB with 15 career RS starts will get a little flustered when playing in Seattle with that defense bearing down on him every time the ball is hiked.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really brought up the past sonny, until you started going around setting rules about what other fans were allowed to talk about so that your pathetic historical relevence would not be repeatedly exposed.

All I know is I love comments like this....

"Its not even close"
"And it won't get close"

Because its a long season and a lot can happen between now and the end of the year. Your comments only verify you are a seahawk fan, because clearly you have never been there before.

Announcing the 49ers won't even get close this year, when you have won 1 more game than we have... :clap:

You never bring up the past? Why do you lie so much?

Stop trying so hard.... when it's used as a last ditch argument in a discussion about current stuff it's pathetic.

And the Seahawks are obviously better. Have you watched any games this year? Or are you consumed with watching last year and VHS from 20 years ago?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mannings and Bradys are not going to get flustered with a lot of pressure they know where they can go yes. But even some good QBs get rushed and dont go though full progression certainly QB with 15 career RS starts will get a little flustered when playing in Seattle with that defense bearing down on him every time the ball is hiked.

It's not just Seattle's defense. He has a hard time with getting to his second read with every defense he faces. He wants to run as soon as his primary is covered.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never bring up the past? Why do you lie so much?

Stop trying so hard.... when it's used as a last ditch argument in a discussion about current stuff it's pathetic.

And the Seahawks are obviously better. Have you watched any games this year? Or are you consumed with watching last year and VHS from 20 years ago?

They're [the seahawks] 4-1 in their last 5 road games.

Somehow when it suits your argument you have no problem talking about last season. But no one else can talk about last year because thats irrelevant. lol

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow when it suits your argument you have no problem talking about last season. But no one else can talk about last year because thats irrelevant. lol

Fine, this season they're undefeated on the road.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Seattle's defense. He has a hard time with getting to his second read with every defense he faces. He wants to run as soon as his primary is covered.

I saw that a little against the Colts and Rams but I also saw where he didnt one would assume as he plays more then 15 games that he would grow because he does have a lot of talent.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly am not going to deny he hasn't looked a little frazled the past few weeks. I don't have an obvious explanation for that other than I think he wasn't getting any help by the run game and the offensive line seemed to struggling...

But to deny that he played magnificently at times last year and clearly was able to read defenses and shift the offense effectively is just you being a total asswipe.

But I would like to say that Jaworski is an idiot and the way they ran that whole story about Jaws saying that Kaepernick being potentially the best QB ever... that was a seriously poor display of media whoredome. No one believes that Kaepernick is even in that discussion yet, and way that story came out and kaepernick having to respond to media questions about it? Horrible.

How ESPN Pulled A Bullshit Colin Kaepernick Story Out Of Thin Air

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that a little against the Colts and Rams but I also saw where he didnt one would assume as he plays more then 15 games that he would grow because he does have a lot of talent.

It's possible that he can become a true pocket passer and make defenses pay for using particular schemes to stop him. But that's a big one. When your mechanics break down after the first read, that's a huge issue to overcome and is why athletic QBs often struggle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His talent consist of a great arm and wonderful legs. It doesn't consist of going thru his passing options. That is one draw back to having that break away running ability, it tends to lead to one look , then run. That could change, but I doubt it will. It's hard not to go to that crutch.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly am not going to deny he hasn't looked a little frazled the past few weeks. I don't have an obvious explanation for that other than I think he wasn't getting any help by the run game and the offensive line seemed to struggling...

But to deny that he played magnificently at times last year and clearly was able to read defenses and shift the offense effectively is just you being a total asswipe.

But I would like to say that Jaworski is an idiot and the way they ran that whole story about Jaws saying that Kaepernick being potentially the best QB ever... that was a seriously poor display of media whoredome. No one believes that Kaepernick is even in that discussion yet, and way that story came out and kaepernick having to respond to media questions about it? Horrible.

How ESPN Pulled A Bullshit Colin Kaepernick Story Out Of Thin Air

I never put anything in to what any analyst says, you have to trust your own eyes. Their job is to sensationalize.

He played well, but as soon as he is asked to get out of his comfort zone, he falls apart. Some teams have the tools to push him out of his comfort zone, and some dont. Mine does.