• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks FS Earl Thomas to start season on PUP list

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Sherman been a full go at practice so far? I know he opted out of having surgery this off season but was wondering if they were letting him go 100% already or if they were easing him back in?

Honestly for me if my stars are entering training camp at all banged up I would much rather sit them than have them get out there and practice. They know the plays and when the lights turn on they will be ready to go. Training Camp is more for getting back into a rhythm and honestly more for the young guys getting some chances to see how the game is played at the NFL level. I always am one worried about the big injury to a star that a team needs. If they get injured during the season then so be it but getting injured during Training Camp or Pre season games man nothing sucks more.

I know he's been participating, but as far as whether or not he has been going 100% I'm not sure. I would assume he is taking it a bit light trying to ease his way back into things. It will be interesting to see how much he plays during the preseason. You're right, it can be risky letting big name guys coming off injuries play. But given Pete's coaching philosophy I would not be surprised to see him getting plenty of reps in the first couple preseason games. I do however hope he won't be out there covering on special teams like he usually is. Might as well let some of the guys fighting for a roster spot show what they got there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so? To me Shead seems like the guy who would come in for Kam. Terrell and possibly even Smith-Murphy seem more likely IMO if indeed Earl cannot go.
In camp Snead is filling in for Thomas and Terrell for Kam. Snead is a big guy, so I get why you think that, who knows how it shakes out after camp.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being put on the pub means that he will miss the first six games no matter what. They can't remove him from the list even if he got healthy on lets say game three. Hopefully we stay in the race for HFA and he comes back to bring new energy to the team lifting them though the remainder of the season.

OH shiznit... I didn't realize that... Well that kinda sucks, But hey as long as he get's better i'm good... I thought their was a pre-season PUP though ? And they can be brought back ...

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's injury was to his elbow. Nothing there to keep him from going full speed in terms of route coverage and shouldn't be a problem with him batting at balls in the air. Are they letting him get real physical with press in camp? Wouldn't be surprised if they were keeping him limited on that.

I'm FAR more worried about Kam and Earl this year. Both had bad injuries for what they do. Kam needs to be explosive to make those soul crushing hits he's known for. Earl needs his shoulder at 100% to be effective at breaking up plays. I'm going on record as saying I would be surprised if both gets through the season without reinjuring.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In camp Snead is filling in for Thomas and Terrell for Kam. Snead is a big guy, so I get why you think that, who knows how it shakes out after camp.

Interesting, I hadn't heard much about who was filling in for who at camp. Good to know.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam isnt going to be crazy enough to hold out of regular season games so im not worried much about him he can miss training camp all he wants the silver lining of this is that we can really evaluate the other DB's on the team and see who we can keep on the team heading into the regular season.

It would be awful to lose earl thomas the first 6 games of the season because of the 6 games 4 are against the packers, bengals, lions, and bears all of whom are passing teams so our secondary will be tested. but like someone mentioned earlier if he is going to miss just most of the preseason then great nothing to worry about.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing ET III is a big blow but not devastating. Rehab, rest and more rehab and hopefully he'll be a full go come week 7.