• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks FS Earl Thomas to start season on PUP list

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just found my number one thing to watch during the preseason.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at camp Friday.... He looks good, but does have a support on his arm and shoulder ... If he misses a couple games we'll be ok, he just needs to get better ... Last thing we want is Earl rushing back, that guy play's at one level and one level only...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this coming.. But if Kam remains a hold out, it's not going to be pretty... Kam just got some more leverage w/ this news...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at camp Friday.... He looks good, but does have a support on his arm and shoulder ... If he misses a couple games we'll be ok, he just needs to get better ... Last thing we want is Earl rushing back, that guy play's at one level and one level only...

Being put on the pub means that he will miss the first six games no matter what. They can't remove him from the list even if he got healthy on lets say game three. Hopefully we stay in the race for HFA and he comes back to bring new energy to the team lifting them though the remainder of the season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going on the PuP means things are far worse than we thought. Figured he'd miss a game or two, but at least 6 now with that news. And with Kam's knee being what it is (WHEN he returns) that secondary has to be a major concern for the first half of the season.

Better get some monster play up front.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being put on the pub means that he will miss the first six games no matter what. They can't remove him from the list even if he got healthy on lets say game three. Hopefully we stay in the race for HFA and he comes back to bring new energy to the team lifting them though the remainder of the season.

He's just 1 of 53... Let's not lose site of that...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your right about that, but he's one of the best FS in the game and its going to affect our D. Plus hes a leader on that D. At the end of the day its all about getting to the playoffs. Once there I think you and I can both agree this Seahawks team could beat anyone, anywhere to get to another SuperBowl. Even if it means going to Dallas or Green Bay. As long as he's healthy for the playoffs (assuming Seattle makes it) that's the main goal. And when he dose come back I do believe we will see a new life/energy from the team, after all these core members Sherman, Lynch,Wilson, ect have built a trust and bond together that I think we be missed and than brought back once he returns.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true, if he's on the PUP list week one. Right now we can take him off at any time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the QB of the defense in terms of his intensity and impact on the guys around him. It's not the same as losing Lane or Irvin. Add a Kam that we don't know how fully recovered he will be from his knee and the interior of the LOB is a big question. Normally their decisive domination inside is what makes Sherman's job so easy on the outside and helps the LB's to be so aggressive. You know they aren't getting past those guys if you let someone slip through that second layer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going on the PuP means things are far worse than we thought. Figured he'd miss a game or two, but at least 6 now with that news. And with Kam's knee being what it is (WHEN he returns) that secondary has to be a major concern for the first half of the season.

Better get some monster play up front.

Actually WizardHawk this isn't quite true. Right now what Thomas is on is call the Pre-Season PUP list. When a player is on this list they can come off at any time and still be able to play week 1. Lots of teams have players on the PUP list right now and really all that means is the player is not practicing. If at the end of the preseason though he is still on the list then he has to sit out the first 6-games of the season. So until the end of the preseason I wouldn't quite panic yet about him being out that long.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually WizardHawk this isn't quite true. Right now what Thomas is on is call the Pre-Season PUP list. When a player is on this list they can come off at any time and still be able to play week 1. Lots of teams have players on the PUP list right now and really all that means is the player is not practicing. If at the end of the preseason though he is still on the list then he has to sit out the first 6-games of the season. So until the end of the preseason I wouldn't quite panic yet about him being out that long.

This was my understanding of the preseason PUP as well. From what I've heard they still think there is a possibility he will be on the field for week 1.

Earl Thomas injury: Hope is that he'll be active for 3rd, 4th preseason games and ready for Week 1 - Field Gulls

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely be Shead.

You think so? To me Shead seems like the guy who would come in for Kam. Terrell and possibly even Smith-Murphy seem more likely IMO if indeed Earl cannot go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my understanding of the preseason PUP as well. From what I've heard they still think there is a possibility he will be on the field for week 1.

Earl Thomas injury: Hope is that he'll be active for 3rd, 4th preseason games and ready for Week 1 - Field Gulls

To me the whole PUP during the season is about worst case scenario for Thomas but everything I have read says he will be ready before then. If they think he will be full go before that 6-weeks but won't be ready week 1 then they can still activate him then just have him as one of the designated players on game day that is inactive. You have to have so many players inactive every game anyway so it is better to put him there than lose him for 6 weeks when he could be ready say week 2 or 3.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the whole PUP during the season is about worst case scenario for Thomas but everything I have read says he will be ready before then. If they think he will be full go before that 6-weeks but won't be ready week 1 then they can still activate him then just have him as one of the designated players on game day that is inactive. You have to have so many players inactive every game anyway so it is better to put him there than lose him for 6 weeks when he could be ready say week 2 or 3.

My thoughts exactly. I'm expecting Richardson and possibly Lane to be on the regular season PUP but all signs point to Earl being ready way before week 6.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. I'm expecting Richardson and possibly Lane to be on the regular season PUP but all signs point to Earl being ready way before week 6.

Has Sherman been a full go at practice so far? I know he opted out of having surgery this off season but was wondering if they were letting him go 100% already or if they were easing him back in?

Honestly for me if my stars are entering training camp at all banged up I would much rather sit them than have them get out there and practice. They know the plays and when the lights turn on they will be ready to go. Training Camp is more for getting back into a rhythm and honestly more for the young guys getting some chances to see how the game is played at the NFL level. I always am one worried about the big injury to a star that a team needs. If they get injured during the season then so be it but getting injured during Training Camp or Pre season games man nothing sucks more.