• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks fan base is trash

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember, the punter was barely touched. Not exactly what you would expect to be a "roughing the kicker" penalty

He wasn't barely touched, the defender dive into his leg/ankle making the punter's ankle roll. He actually came up limping after the play.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember, the punter was barely touched. Not exactly what you would expect to be a "roughing the kicker" penalty

Barely touched is not relevant. He landed under the planting leg. That is the reason for a roughing penalty. You don't have to break the guys leg for it to be 15 yards.

They need to change the rule to the same as a face mask... make everything either 5 or 15 yards (doesn't matter) but make it an automatic first down. Take as much judgement as you can away from the refs because they continue to prove they can't be trusted with it.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like it was just a little popcorn. The link makes it sound a little worse than it was.

Not excusing it (there is NO excuse) but it was just one idiot, not a whole fanbase.

Here's an idiot for you:
San Francisco 49er Fan Calls for Death to Seattle Seahawks (In Front of Children) - YouTube

No matter what it is on the cart, it is proof that there was something thorn. As far as the guy on your link... Raiders fan. 49ers fans have never overreacted in the history of the franchise as evidence of the posts created on the Niners board.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what it is on the cart, it is proof that there was something thorn. As far as the guy on your link... Raiders fan. 49ers fans have never overreacted in the history of the franchise as evidence of the posts created on the Niners board.

What do you think is more representative of a fanbase.

1) One single Seahawks fan doing something stupid (if it wasn't a spill, who knows).

OR

1) THOUSANDS of 49ers fans doing the wave while a Cardinal player was being checked for a broken neck and paralysis. That happened back in Oct.
2) Multiple stabbings outside Candlestick (and Giants stadium) of opposing team fans.

Don't you think a 49ers fanbase calling a Seattle fanbase "classless" because of what ONE fan did is a little hypocritical?

I love this video too....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWFeogLT9X0]Seahawks Vs 49ers reaction 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if they should have called roughing the kicker and didn't? We all know bad calls exist in the league and always have. When they are at a time when it can decide the outcome of the game fans have a right to be pissed. When your team has 3 possessions in the 4th quarter and your QB gives up a turnover on all of them, including a drive late in the game with a chance to win, it kind of negates any chance of blaming the refs. All you can ask for in a road game is having that chance to win late. Convert it and legends are made, miss it and tip your cap.

The refs blew a number of calls or missed calls. That fumble by Seattle that was ruled not a fumble is another one, but it didn't impact the game as Seattle gave it back anyway. I'm not aware of any bad or missed calls in that last drive so I see no reason to blame the refs for that loss.

Fans shouldn't throw anything, popcorn or not. Still, no one has video showing it was actually being dumped on him. What you see is some spilling off the side and a few pieces land on his cart as it drives off. Happens to land not 10 feet away from where he dissed the Seattle fans a year earlier.

navorro bowman rips seahawks fans poster - YouTube

It's called karma and seems he earned what he got. Be a pro and don't mess with fans. They have a right to have whatever signs they want, especially in their home stadium. Classless move to rip that up. Agree?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if they should have called roughing the kicker and didn't? We all know bad calls exist in the league and always have. When they are at a time when it can decide the outcome of the game fans have a right to be pissed. When your team has 3 possessions in the 4th quarter and your QB gives up a turnover on all of them, including a drive late in the game with a chance to win, it kind of negates any chance of blaming the refs. All you can ask for in a road game is having that chance to win late. Convert it and legends are made, miss it and tip your cap.

The refs blew a number of calls or missed calls. That fumble by Seattle that was ruled not a fumble is another one, but it didn't impact the game as Seattle gave it back anyway. I'm not aware of any bad or missed calls in that last drive so I see no reason to blame the refs for that loss.

Fans shouldn't throw anything, popcorn or not. Still, no one has video showing it was actually being dumped on him. What you see is some spilling off the side and a few pieces land on his cart as it drives off. Happens to land not 10 feet away from where he dissed the Seattle fans a year earlier.

navorro bowman rips seahawks fans poster - YouTube

It's called karma and seems he earned what he got. Be a pro and don't mess with fans. They have a right to have whatever signs they want, especially in their home stadium. Classless move to rip that up. Agree?

Not even close to agreeing. C'mon Wiz, you are better then that and your cognitive reasoning skills have been better then this poor display. First, tearing up a sign that a fan GAVE to him is not on the same level as Bowman tearing his ACL and MCL playing football. Not even a little bit. That fan probably went home and told all his buddies about that one time Navarro asked to see his sign, then punked him by tearing it. You chalking Bowman's injury to karma is pathetic at best.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not even close to agreeing. C'mon Wiz, you are better then that and your cognitive reasoning skills have been better then this poor display. First, tearing up a sign that a fan GAVE to him is not on the same level as Bowman tearing his ACL and MCL playing football. Not even a little bit. That fan probably went home and told all his buddies about that one time Navarro asked to see his sign, then punked him by tearing it. You chalking Bowman's injury to karma is pathetic at best.

Wow, so you take a conversation that is about fans dumping food on him and me saying maybe that's karma to me saying his injury is karma? Go read it again and tell me where I said ANYTHING about his injury. Didn't say it, imply it, or bring it up in any way.

I very very clearly said a couple of kernels of popcorn falling on him not 10 feet away from where he dissed those same fans a year ago was karma. And asked which was worse.

Seriously, no one has suggested his injury was deserved and in fact we have said we hope for his full recovery. It isn't our fans that came out and said we hope your teams bus catches fire and your whole team dies. That came from some of your folks.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so you take a conversation that is about fans dumping food on him and me saying maybe that's karma to me saying his injury is karma? Go read it again and tell me where I said ANYTHING about his injury. Didn't say it, imply it, or bring it up in any way.

I very very clearly said a couple of kernels of popcorn falling on him not 10 feet away from where he dissed those same fans a year ago was karma. And asked which was worse.

Seriously, no one has suggested his injury was deserved and in fact we have said we hope for his full recovery. It isn't our fans that came out and said we hope your teams bus catches fire and your whole team dies. That came from some of your folks.

Who said that? That is total fucking bullshit and should not be tolerated.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that? That is total fucking bullshit and should not be tolerated.

It was in the general board game thread and I don't recall. Didn't take it seriously as there is plenty of hate from both of our bases. You know I keep it real RD and after dealing with breaker for all that time I'm not sure someone saying they hope our team dies can really have any kind of impact on me. Just saying none of our fans that I've seen have said anything other than they hope Bowman is ok and recovers from his injury. Never want to see that. I may not like SF, but their players only crime is playing for a team I don't like. Some could very well end up on our team at some point. Don't want to see any of them injured.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are human beings. Even if I can't stand a certain player, I never wish injuries upon them. Anybody wishing injury or even worse, death, is a fucking tool and I would never give them the time of day.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok guys. This is what really ticks me off.

I was like this when the canucks riots in 2011 happened

Some of the fan base does stupid shit. Now all of the fanbase is classless or trash

gimme a break

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i think the dude who did that should have been kicked out but...........

That was something i did when my hockey team lost......................................

WHEN I WAS 9

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped giving a shit about other fanbases a long time ago. We'll always be biased. Just care about your own.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it have been weak? It's a rule of the game and should be followed.
Well the rule was just posted and nowhere does it say anything about a plant foot vs a kicking leg, so unless there's more to the rule (written, not implied) that isn't in that 1st page post, it's actually not a rule of the game and is up to the discretion of the officials. If so, that light tap to the ankle was IMO (and the officials' opinions) not bad enough to warrant a roughing call.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the play, by the way:

0.gif

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the rule was just posted and nowhere does it say anything about a plant foot vs a kicking leg, so unless there's more to the rule (written, not implied) that isn't in that 1st page post, it's actually not a rule of the game and is up to the discretion of the officials. If so, that light tap to the ankle was IMO (and the officials' opinions) not bad enough to warrant a roughing call.

I guess mike perara knows nothing about the rules and he was wrong when he said that should have been ROUGHING the kicker and 15 yd auto first down.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess mike perara knows nothing about the rules and he was wrong when he said that should have been ROUGHING the kicker and 15 yd auto first down.
I guess you don't have anything in the NFL Rule Book to prove your point.

It's easy. Just show me the rule that says any contact with the plant leg is an automatic Roughing the Kicker penalty and you win.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the rulebook:

RUNNING, ROUGHING KICKER
Penalty: For running into the kicker: Loss of five yards from the previous spot, no automatic first
down. (This is not a personal foul). For roughing the kicker or holder, loss of 15 yards from the
previous spot. (This is a personal foul, and also disqualification if flagrant).
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES
(1) Avoiding the kicker is a primary responsibility of defensive players if they do not touch the kick.
(2) Any contact with the kicker by a single defensive player who has not touched the kick is running into
the kicker.
(3) Any unnecessary roughness committed by defensive players is roughing the kicker. Severity of
contact and potential for injury are to be considered.

There is no language that says "contact with a punter's plant leg shall be considered roughing," but as Perrera said, running into the kickers plant leg carries substantial "potential for injury" and thus is always called roughing.

That said, we didn't lose the game because the refs fucked up. We fucked up on our own. And yes, I'm looking at YOU Donte Whitner.