• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Extend Tyler Lockett

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which WR was Russel Wilson throwing it to in Super Bowl 49 when the ball was intercepted by Malcom Butler?
  • Ricardo Lockett
  • Tyler Lockett
  • Doug Baldwin
  • Golden Tate lll
it was baldwin wasnt it

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Lockett has a ton of potential & speed. Maybe the Seahawks see something in practice & thinks he is gonna take the next step. If he does the Hawks will look like geniuses to lock him up early.

If not. a failed risk, but not end of the world.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also had to work his way through a crowded WR corps to get the few balls Wilson has time to throw to someone other than Baldwin. That has been cleared. Maybe the Seahawks have fixed their o-line problems, but that's doubtful.

Seattle will never fix their O-line problems as long as Witlle Wusty is the QB.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol u pay kick returners that much :L

I would rather pay the best kick returner in the game that is also a decent reciever before I pay a guy that has only 1 healthy season with multiple surgerys 5 years

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is getting the same guaranteed money as Lockett is but with 2 more years tacked on. It's actually a better deal for the Redskins because if Richardson does breakout they have him locked up longer and if he sucks they're out the same money Seattle would be for Lockett.
Nah, it's a difference of 1 year. P-Rich signed for 5 years, and Lockett's extension takes him out through 4 more seasons. Nearly identical AAV.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather pay the best kick returner in the game that is also a decent reciever before I pay a guy that has only 1 healthy season with multiple surgerys 5 years
decent, season high receiving yards 664

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were not comparing him to richardson who cares, lets compare him to all other wr's, or #2 wr's

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is getting the same guaranteed money as Lockett is but with 2 more years tacked on. It's actually a better deal for the Redskins because if Richardson does breakout they have him locked up longer and if he sucks they're out the same money Seattle would be for Lockett.

My criticism of Seattle is the timing of the deal. If you extend a guy like Lockett now who's coming off what people would consider a down year you should be buying low but the deal right now is buying high.

Unless he just has a monster breakout season which nothing up to this point suggests he will you very likely could've offered him this exact deal at the end of the season and he would've taken it. At least that way you could've had a full season to see if his arrow was pointing up or continuing to point down.

If richardson breaks out for the Redskins then good for them its probably more so the system they have in place more so than him being a great receiver. The same way Alex Collins and golden tate left and was a breakout player for the Ravens and Lions and their system. Whats 100% fact and not up for debate is that Paul Richardson wasnt going to be a breakout for the seahawks so signing him to an extension isnt necessar.y.

I dont even see what the big deal is about his contract he isnt even a top 20 paid receiver in the league and looking at the receiver behind him I would rather have Lockett than Moncrief, Tavon Austin, Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon Etc.

Wide receiver are the most overrated position to pay a large contract to. Other than Antonio Brown the top paid receivers in the league all play on sorry teams. What we are paying with Doug Baldwin and Lockett is more than enough

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were not comparing him to richardson who cares, lets compare him to all other wr's, or #2 wr's

Looking at this post I am pretty sure we are talking about richardson who are you trying to compare him to?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which WR was Russel Wilson throwing it to in Super Bowl 49 when the ball was intercepted by Malcom Butler?
  • Ricardo Lockett
  • Tyler Lockett
  • Doug Baldwin
  • Golden Tate lll
Ricardo Lockett

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said \\wr's as a whole, and other #2 wr's

You compare players by their pay and stack it with the rest of position group you dont just randomly start comparing players. All the recievers getting paid more than him are better. The ones making less I would much rather have Lockett.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see the point of letting him walk because the hawks are going to spend resources either money or picks to replace him when they could use that somewhere else. After next year the seahawk are gonna have so much cap space once richard sherman, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor's contracts come off the books.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You compare players by their pay and stack it with the rest of position group you dont just randomly start comparing players. All the recievers getting paid more than him are better. The ones making less I would much rather have Lockett.
It’s not quite that simple

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Ricardo Lockett
  • Tyler Lockett
  • Doug Baldwin
  • Golden Tate lll
None, would be the correct answer.