• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Extend Tyler Lockett

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His season last year topped anything Lockett has done to this point so tough to say if Richardson was fully healthy and is starting to break out or if he's topped out at what he did last season.

Lockett in year 2 was more or less having the same year as his rookie season before he broke his leg so it's not like he's really shown any indications that's he's going to be much better than what he's shown so far.

He's also had to work his way through a crowded WR corps to get the few balls Wilson has time to throw to someone other than Baldwin. That has been cleared. Maybe the Seahawks have fixed their o-line problems, but that's doubtful.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's front office has lost their damned minds... Lockett is in no way worth $10M per. He's often injured, is nothing better than a mediocre WR2 or 3. I get he's pretty good at returns, but that in no way warrants this not to mention kick returns might be a thing of the past in short order. He's a 500 yard receiver who is not an end zone threat.

He's not even healthy for Christ sake missing the Vikings game because of his stupid foot.

My only thought is Lockett has nude pictures of Paul Allen or John Schneider is secretly rooting for the 49ers, Rams, and Cards and wants to tank Seattle.

F grade.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, #3 - type receivers are now making $10 mill + a year? maybe the nfl IS catching up with the NBA on player salaries ....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, #3 - type receivers are now making $10 mill + a year? maybe the nfl IS catching up with the NBA on player salaries ....
Idk if I'd say that, I'd say anything past 6% is expected to be a #2 in my book. It's just a crappy overpay it looks like.

Albert Wilson and Paul Richardson are at 4.5% and I think there are more interesting arguments for those players than Lockett to get what they got than Lockett.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if I'd say that, I'd say anything past 6% is expected to be a #2 in my book. It's just a crappy overpay it looks like.

Albert Wilson and Paul Richardson are at 4.5% and I think there are more interesting arguments for those players than Lockett to get what they got than Lockett.

Richardson fits the #2 profile more than Lockett for me
His size alone makes him a limited player IMO

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, Richardson and Wilson got a lot less guaranteed than Lockett and they are 'close' to Lockett-caliber at receiver .... maybe the seahawks felt like Lockett's additional production as a returner earned him more money?

Still seems like a lot.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Richardson and Wilson got a lot less guaranteed than Lockett and they are 'close' to Lockett-caliber at receiver .... maybe the seahawks felt like Lockett's additional production as a returner earned him more money?

Still seems like a lot.
Hard to believe that; it's not like Lockett is Devin Hester, Tyreek Hill, etc back there. If that's the reason, it's a bad one.

Speaking of which, I am not looking forward to finding out what Mr. Hill's future contract looks like. That's gonna be at least 9% of the cap. Only players [read:WR's] to have more total touchdowns than Hill their first two years are Odell and Randy Moss.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh noes! The cap hell Seattle is going to be in now!!!!

(where have I heard this song and dance before?)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've at least let him play out the year to see if he's truly 100% after his leg injury because he didn't look like it last season and he's been on the decline since his rookie year.

I mean they are basically paying him more than what Paul Richardson got and Richardson was the better player at least last season.

I mean if you're Seattle you're hoping this contract is buying low but I have a feeling you could've gotten him for this same contract at the end of the season.

They could've gotten him cheaper at the end of the year. No one including the NYG nor the Raiders would even give up that kind of $ for a number 3 WR on most teams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh noes! The cap hell Seattle is going to be in now!!!!

(where have I heard this song and dance before?)

You just lived through it. That's why you don't recognize half the players on the Hawks any longer.

Luckily Seattle will have plenty of cap $ starting in 2019 unless they keep spending like this?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle jumped the shark a while ago. We're now at season 11 of Happy Days, and it's clear not even the writers give a shit: "Discharged from the Army, Richie and Ralph return home; but after life in the Army, Richie wants to move to California to pursue a career as a screenwriter, which doesn't set too well with his parents."

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have waited to see if he can stay healthy. That's a lot of money to give an oft injured WR.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has been totally wasted in Seattle. Was wishing he went somewhere else.

Wilson will never learn how to use him right. Not his style.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has been totally wasted in Seattle. Was wishing he went somewhere else.

He needs to be in a more controlled passing attack IMO, but he has been constantly dinged since his rookie season. This season is set up to be a chance for him to really emerge as a threat.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just lived through it. That's why you don't recognize half the players on the Hawks any longer.

Luckily Seattle will have plenty of cap $ starting in 2019 unless they keep spending like this?

No that's not really WHY they don't have all those guys, but hey, it fits your narrative.

Avril: injury
Kam: injury
Sherm: injury and age
Bennett: starting to slow down - and yeah, I'd argue he's the one guy that fits your description - too expensive for his likely production.

The big transition money-wise the team has undergone, has been on the O-line. They picked that as the red-headed stepchild of the team in order to pay that D, and now they're not going to do that anymore as Wilson is the teams clear top priority.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. Never stop being you E-nut.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the seahawks should have run the ball

They did IN THAT SAME GAME. Lynch was stuffed behind the LOS.

But in the biggest play on the biggest stage against the 'best coach' in NFL history, who'd lined up his personnel TO STOP Lynch, he was going to not get stuffed again.