• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Draft Round 4-7

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Yankey is still there at 132 I say take him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went LB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Love me some Pierre-Louis. Eventual replacement for Wright when he demands more money in FA.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was listening to the seahawks daily video on their website and Tom Cable basically said he liked how Justin Britt virtually made Clowney irrelevant when Missouri played South Carolina.

I heard them mention that he looked really good against Clowney.

My concern with that is, Clowney had moments where he didn't give 100%. I hope the Seahawks are not judging Justin Britt on how he played when Clowney was only giving 70% effort.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweener who may end up as a safety.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that the Seahawks went LB.

With the contracts of Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman and eventually Russell Wilson, we are going to likely have to replace K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner through the draft. The Seahawks LB depth is pretty thin.

With the Seahawks drafting another WR, I have to wonder if this means that they're going to let Baldwin walk when his contract comes up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the contracts of Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman and eventually Russell Wilson, we are going to likely have to replace K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner through the draft. The Seahawks LB depth is pretty thin.

With the Seahawks drafting another WR, I have to wonder if this means that they're going to let Baldwin walk when his contract comes up.

Wagner and Wright are basically 100% gone. Seattle's D does not need good LBers the way we play. They need to be able to cover and play their assignment accurately and that's ridiculously easy to draft for. The front 4 and secondary with how Thomas/Chancellor (#4 LBer basically) play is Seattle's D in a nut shell.

Love Wagner and Wright, but they are gone unless they take stupid (on their part) discounts. Doubt Seattle will even entertain an extension on them.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the LB pick. This guy is built for speed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to make that conclusion about the future of Baldwin based on them picking up two WR's. We have seen that they love to have a lot of them to look at in camp as it is, and when you add that both Rice and Harvin are big plans for this team and both went down with injuries last year they would be foolish not to load up as much as they can for depth this year, more or less next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner and Wright are basically 100% gone. Seattle's D does not need good LBers the way we play. They need to be able to cover and play their assignment accurately and that's ridiculously easy to draft for. The front 4 and secondary with how Thomas/Chancellor (#4 LBer basically) play is Seattle's D in a nut shell.

Love Wagner and Wright, but they are gone unless they take stupid (on their part) discounts. Doubt Seattle will even entertain an extension on them.

I disagree actually. Part of the reason why Seattle has had great success is because of how well the linebackers have played, especially in coverage. K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner are not superstars, but they are key contributors to our defense.

The Seahawks locked down Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Julius Thomas, Tony Gonzalez, etc due to the play of our linebackers. Typically in a defense like what Seattle runs, it's easy for opposing offenses to exploit the 1 on 1 TE-LB matchup, but Seattle had that locked down all season long.

The Seahawks likely won't have the cap space to retain Wagner or Wright even if they want to, but their impact on our defense shouldn't be diminished.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should cut bruce irvin before bobby wagner i mean he put up some great numbers these last 2 seasons and i really think he is the biggest reason why our run D is so good. I wasnt the biggest fan of wright when he was hurt we didnt really lost a step on D

I think with the richardson pick maybe even norwood that mean this is doug baldwins last season with us

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we still need a good nickel corner I kind of hope they find a solid guard in their next pick. This team really needs some line depth.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to make that conclusion about the future of Baldwin based on them picking up two WR's. We have seen that they love to have a lot of them to look at in camp as it is, and when you add that both Rice and Harvin are big plans for this team and both went down with injuries last year they would be foolish not to load up as much as they can for depth this year, more or less next year.

Baldwin is a solid player, but like Golden Tate he can be replaced at a cheaper price. When Baldwin's contract comes to an end, unless he's looking for sub $3m per year I don't see the wisdom in retaining him as I believe he can be replaced.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we still need a good nickel corner I kind of hope they find a solid guard in their next pick. This team really needs some line depth.

I was thinking the same. IMO the Seahawks will be fine with Jeremy Lane in the nickel. They also seem to like Tharold Simon a lot as well. I'm surprised they have only drafted one offensive lineman so far.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is a solid player, but like Golden Tate he can be replaced at a cheaper price. When Baldwin's contract comes to an end, unless he's looking for sub $3m per year I don't see the wisdom in retaining him as I believe he can be replaced.

It was easier to let Tate go knowing you had an experienced possession receiver that has proven he can be clutch in big time 3rd down plays even when covered. Letting him go would mean they believe they have that level somewhere else. Honestly I see rice leaving the team before Baldwin, but since when have any of us guessed what this front office will do with players with any reasonable accuracy?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same. IMO the Seahawks will be fine with Jeremy Lane in the nickel. They also seem to like Tharold Simon a lot as well. I'm surprised they have only drafted one offensive lineman so far.

Maybe their targetting Eric Schultz, USU later in the draft :yahoo: