• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Draft Round 4-7

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that worried about what those rankings are. Both Baldwin and Kearse were UFA's and they both turned out to be great for us. We have done well with undervalued talent over the years. I just don't want to see another season of Wilson running for his life for 25 plays a game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Pierre-Louis looks like a beast... I also love the fact we got another big DT Jimmy Staten who say's he can come in even bigger if needed... Nice for depth there... I"m loving the extra picks we've gotten

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Hawks reached on almost every one of their picks so far. The Two WR are the only ones you can say "slightly" were not a reach. I can See Richardson as a slight reach because of his size ( 170 lbs at 6 foot 1 ) but he also was fielding punts in private workouts so maybe the Hawks want to use him as an explosive option in punt returns. His skill set seems to fit that bill nicely ( open field runner ). He didn't do much returning in college but he was to important to Colorado to risk injury on punt returns. If he can bulk up to 200 lbs with his size ( height ) and speed he would be a diamond. Norwood is a nice ( not a reach in my eyes at all ) option with good size and solid hands. He is the big possession WR this team needs. The rest of our picks ... what can i say other than the hawks FO have Long arms ( reaching )

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that worried about what those rankings are. Both Baldwin and Kearse were UFA's and they both turned out to be great for us. We have done well with undervalued talent over the years. I just don't want to see another season of Wilson running for his life for 25 plays a game.
Same for me. I am sure JS/PC have a plan to improve the OL, but what the plan is, is a mystery right now.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy who has been a GM just said that he actually likes what the Seahawks have done so far!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for me. I am sure JS/PC have a plan to improve the OL, but what the plan is, is a mystery right now.

Who knows, maybe Carpenter will use the fact that the Hawks didn't pick up his 2015 option as a motivation.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like Hawks last pick of 2014 draft goes to Kiero Small, FB. Arkansas.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Price to SEA as UDFA. That's a great get for you guys!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok i'm detecting heavy sarcasm.... I don't think Price will make the team honestly... The guy throws way to many picks at crucial times .... Seattle is just taking a look at him as a 3rd stringer ... But I highly doubt he makes the team...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok i'm detecting heavy sarcasm.... I don't think Price will make the team honestly... The guy throws way to many picks at crucial times .... Seattle is just taking a look at him as a 3rd stringer ... But I highly doubt he makes the team...

After we picked up Prior they made sure any drafted QB's were there as arms in camp only. Price being picked up by the hawks ensures he has no career in the NFL pending.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really related to the 4-7 draft, but might as well list all of our UDFA's here:
S Dion Bailey, USC
QB Keith Price, Washington
OT Garry Gilliam, Penn State
OT Andu Pulu, Eastern Michigan
LB Brock Coyle, Montana
DB Cam Hudson, Troy
QB Zach Zulli, Shippensburg
DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas

Most fans of other teams probably ignore the UDFA's as few ever make anything of themselves, but this is the Seahawks afterall and two of our starting WR's were both UDFA's and we have others on the team.

The QB's won't stick. They are just arms for camp. I really have no idea on the others. Any thoughts?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add
Central Arkansas TE Chase Dixon and Florida State DT Demonte McAllister

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to our recent success with some UDFA...I'm hoping we strike again with one of these guys. I'm hoping maybe one of the OL's.

Unfortunately, KP will not have much of a future in the NFL.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to our recent success with some UDFA...I'm hoping we strike again with one of these guys. I'm hoping maybe one of the OL's.

Unfortunately, KP will not have much of a future in the NFL.

I don't think any of us die hard dawg fans thought he had any real chance in the pros anyway. He can hit most throws and makes mostly really good decisions on the field, but he doesn't have that clutch factor in big games and has been too prone to injuries throughout his college career.

He is a 3rd stringer project at best and Seattle doesn't need/want that sort of thing. His days are numbered.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really related to the 4-7 draft, but might as well list all of our UDFA's here:
S Dion Bailey, USC
LB Brock Coyle, Montana
DB Cam Hudson, Troy

Most fans of other teams probably ignore the UDFA's as few ever make anything of themselves, but this is the Seahawks afterall and two of our starting WR's were both UDFA's and we have others on the team.

The QB's won't stick. They are just arms for camp. I really have no idea on the others. Any thoughts?

I'm really liking the Jackson Jeffcoat signing, how that man wasn't drafted is just beyond me! :noidea:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listening to todays post draft press conference with Schneider and Carroll.

Schneider said there was no major upsets with their draft. That with each draft pick they had, they had a couple names of the players they were targeting. Some of the names might of been taken by the time they were picking, but they always ended up with one of the names they targeted. That it all went very smoothly and all the players were ones they had previously decided on as targets.

When asked if any of the players were a flat out shocker in that they absolutely expected them to be gone before they planned to pick them, it was Kevin Norwood. They were shocked he was still available and pulled the trigger instantly. They said during his evaluation, every single check box they had on the list was hit. At 6'2" he has nice size and they were especially impressed with how he dealt with the honey badger when they matched up a lot during a game with LSU. He was also one of Alabama's team captains.

They also said they were extremely pleased that Pierre-Louis was available and talked up his abilities to the press.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone can pass judgment on the draft picks. Has there been one draft pick they have ever made that any fan has been excited for?

As for Keith Price, there are a lot people within the UW program that thought he could project into a Seneca Wallace type player. This coaching staff seems more likely that they will force guys into positions that they aren't use to than Holmgrens was.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S Dion Bailey, USC
LB Brock Coyle, Montana
DB Cam Hudson, Troy

Really surprised these guys didn't get picked! They could be another one of those undrafted gems by Pete and Schneider

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Schultz's mom just posted on facebook that the Seahawks have invited him to rookie mini camp.