• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Screw Bill Walton

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton "owned" the "Chocolate Thunder" and the rest of those touted 76s...Blazers lost the first two, sized em up and swept the floor up in the next four games...DOMINATED.

Walton had an incredible '77 Finals. Averaging 18.5 ppg, 19.0 rebs, 5.2 asts, 1.0 stl & 3.7 blks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...he owned the lower half of the key...Lucas was the muscle and Walton was the brain.

Ramsey approved

That still has to rank as one of the greatest Finals upsets of all time.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bill Walton. I like that he is from the 60's. He is a man of peace who digs California and all of it is real. I think he is real cool.

:suds: :clap:

As for GOAT it's Jordan but don't forget the big O. Oscar Robertson could really ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bill Walton. I like that he is from the 60's. He is a man of peace who digs California and all of it is real. I think he is real cool.

He was the world's tallest hippie... :pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for GOAT it's Jordan but don't forget the big O. Oscar Robertson could really ball.

The Big O was simply awesome. Wish I was old enough to have seen him play back in the day.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stood next to Bill Walton for a while at O'Hare waiting for a ride, can't remember if it was a shuttle or somebody coming to get me. I was pretty sure of whom he was, but then a skycap came up and called him "Mr. Walton" to put all doubts to rest.
He was with a tiny Asian lady, totally smokin hot, who seemed kind of embarrassed by him. He kept leaning over with little witty comments for her, and she would just roll her eyes and shake her head every time he spoke...she never said a word to him. Think chick was maybe a bit over 5 feet with her heels on, and the physical contrast between the two along with her disdain for him was pretty damned funny.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which case, there's no case whatsoever to be made for Kareem being the GOAT! Walton is a fool and an asshole.

And I bet Kareem just shakes his damn head when he hears Big Mouth... errr I mean Big Red naming him the GOAT. When they played together Walton was OBSESSED with badmouthing Kareem. Remember the reporter asking Kareem what he thought of Walton's latest jab and Kareem came back with "Yeah, what else does Dr. Scholls have to say?" :pound:

I don't know about Walton, but Dave Cowens made Jabar look slow and lazy. As far as Jordan is concerned, he was a HARD worker and was extremely gifted as well. At his size, he could go over smaller defenders or go right around taller guys... but there was just no better clutch player on the planet. I still hear a lot of people say Jordan didn't have any competition, but those people are dumb as fuck. The class Jordan came to the NBA with was maybe the best of all time.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to Walton for one thing...

Bill Walton: Uniting college basketball fans with his dumbassery.

Well done, Bill.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Walton, but Dave Cowens made Jabar look slow and lazy. As far as Jordan is concerned, he was a HARD worker and was extremely gifted as well. At his size, he could go over smaller defenders or go right around taller guys... but there was just no better clutch player on the planet. I still hear a lot of people say Jordan didn't have any competition, but those people are dumb as fuck. The class Jordan came to the NBA with was maybe the best of all time.

DC never could challenge Jabbar's "sky hook" either, nor could anyone else. Kareem had no reason to ever "hurry OR speed up".

FACT

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC never could challenge Jabbar's "sky hook" either, nor could anyone else. Kareem had no reason to ever "hurry OR speed up".

FACT

I was never there to see any of that, but it sounds to me like he got the better of jabbar quite a bit despite being about a half a foot shorter.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the USC Oregon game yesterday when he said that. He was having a conversation with the play by play guy about who the best offensive player he ever saw was. Play by play guy said MJ and Bill said Kareem and then Bill went on to say that quote about MJ. I'm not sure Bill is all there in the head at times but he wasn't throwing MJ under the buss. That quote was taken out of context.

Fixed

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BW sucks Arizona and UCLA dick

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy that calls games with him. he calls Walton out on all the bs he spews