• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Van Pelt claims ESPN doesn't have a pro-SEC agenda....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Oklahoma or Ohio St?

Basically you are saying the cart is pushing the horse and I disagree.

Don't think I'm saying that at all. I said the same thing you did just expanded upon it from my perspective. A positive feedback loop basically means there is an initial stimulus that gets amplified over and over and over again like a snowball effect. I am saying that espn has been a catalyst in that snowball effect because of constant attention pinpointed at the sec and the resulting monetary and recruiting advantages that has contributed to. espn is where probably 80% of the typical college football fans knowledge on college football comes from. How could that media outlet constantly hanging on a conferences every bright point not be an advantage long term for that conference? Especially with that specific media outlet having an overwhelming monopoly in the industry.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem until a talking head such as Scott Van Beaker denies it.

Bitch, who you foolin?

Texas Fight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they have a love relationship with the SEC b/c of a few teams that make the SEC relevant. It's good business. Does everybody remember the love relationship ESPN used to have with OU and USC? ESPN declared the '03 OU team as the best college football team ever right before KSU raped and bukakkeed all over OU in the Big 12 CCG and then ESPN declared '05 USC as "the greatest CFB team ever" right before Texas pulled the upset in the BCS title game.....

USC was definitely their lovechild for a while there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the fact that they have a 2 billion dollar contract with the SEC has something to do with it.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my take is that it is also just lazy on the part of the talking heads to just rehash the popular sentiments

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the fact that they have a 2 billion dollar contract with the SEC has something to do with it.

BINGO
if espn had that contract with the PAC, everyone would be thinking how great ASU was, and that Cal was on the verge of an NC, and how Washington is so great, if it just weren't for the fact that they all beat each other up week in and week out, in such a tough conference.
:wtf2:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Scott Van Pelt do a special thing about Clemson and how he believed last week?