• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Brooks Fired

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what direction they go.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of an era. Poor guy lose his job because Durant & ibaka were hurt
You really can't blame this season on him, so why didn't they fire him after last season? Was someone they have lined up not available then?
They do have someone lined up, right? You don't pull the trigger on this without a clue.

How is this going to effect Durant and Westbrook wanting to stay in OKC during the next couple of offseasons?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Brooks made a lot of bad decisions over the years but even a Basketball Jesus wasnt winning with this years Thunder team.

Thunder should've done this last year imo

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was there 7 years. That's a long time. He a great players coach but not a good X's and O's coach. End kof game management was horrible.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't blame this season on him, so why didn't they fire him after last season? Was someone they have lined up not available then?
They do have someone lined up, right? You don't pull the trigger on this without a clue.

How is this going to effect Durant and Westbrook wanting to stay in OKC during the next couple of offseasons?

For you to ask any of those questions indicates you don't have a clue of how well Sam Presti conducts business. Of course he has a plan and of course Durant and Westbrook were involved in the discussions

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had .620 win percentage. Injuries the last couple of years derailed the Thunder, not his coaching.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you to ask any of those questions indicates you don't have a clue of how well Sam Presti conducts business. Of course he has a plan and of course Durant and Westbrook were involved in the discussions

Doesn't mean both Westbrook and Durant will stick around though.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Presti feels that Brooks has taken this team as far as he can take them.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just shocked, I figured they would have given him another year. This was a year of injuries, heck no coach would be able to do what Brooks did this season. I mean we had Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones starting for a lot of games this season.

The Thunder had to call up Ish Smith because they didn't have enough players to field a team.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was there 7 years. That's a long time. He a great players coach but not a good X's and O's coach. End kof game management was horrible.
This. Pretty similar situation with Mark Jackson's departure from the Warriors. Good players coach, but his methods and actual in game coaching were not up to par. Jackson took the team as far as they could go under him and we've (so far) seen what can be done with a better coaching staff.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Pretty similar situation with Mark Jackson's departure from the Warriors. Good players coach, but his methods and actual in game coaching were not up to par. Jackson took the team as far as they could go under him and we've (so far) seen what can be done with a better coaching staff.
But with Kerr they found a great replacement: the players seem to love him and he is a good X & O's guy. There are not that many of those out there. Who do the Thunder have lined up?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with Kerr they found a great replacement: the players seem to love him and he is a good X & O's guy. There are not that many of those out there. Who do the Thunder have lined up?
The Warriors definitely lucked out in getting Kerr. He wasn't really lined up so to speak from the get go. Jackson was fired early, which gave the Warriors an advantage in head coach hunting. The Warriors also made an offer to Stan Van Gundy who passed it up for the Detroit job. Kerr came down to a last minute push as he was pretty much all set to go to NY.

OKC did the right thing for their organization firing Brooks early. It helps their search and just like the Warriors gig, the Thunder job will be highly coveted by all the best coaching prospects. The Thunder are in a great position to hire a perfect fit for them.

I'm thinking that Alvin Gentry will get a big look. Selfishly, I hope he stays with the Warriors, but if the Thunder come calling that would be hard to pass up. Look at what he did with the Warriors offense. Imagine what he could do with Durant and Westbrook.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy supposedly waiting on the Bulls job is Iowa States Hoiberg, gotta wonder if the Thunder might offer him a job. We all still remember Tim Floyd in chicago, dont want that again. Maybe they wait for Thibbs to become available, maybe Jason Kidd decides to move again, the latest popular point guard hirings maybe Steve Nash.

If Dallas really wants to build with Rondo Carlisle will be gone, I guess there are some options out there.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had long enough to win.

Nobody truly believes this Thunder team was ever going to win with him.

There was a ceiling that he seemingly was never going to get past.

Not surprising at all....nor is it a big deal

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fine and all but why fire him this year? If you wanted to fire him it should have been done last season. They're pretty much placing blame on him for not make the playoffs instead of the several injuries/games missed by their top 3 players

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that Alvin Gentry will get a big look. Selfishly, I hope he stays with the Warriors, but if the Thunder come calling that would be hard to pass up. Look at what he did with the Warriors offense. Imagine what he could do with Durant and Westbrook.
I doubt that Gentry is even on the long, long list for OKC. He's a good assistant, but I think he has proven that is as far as he should go in the NBA. I don't think his resume is good enough for a team with the talent and aspirations of OKC.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had long enough to win.

Nobody truly believes this Thunder team was ever going to win with him.

There was a ceiling that he seemingly was never going to get past.

Not surprising at all....nor is it a big deal
As I and others have said, it was just surprising that it was this year with the injuries; it should have been last year if that is how management felt.
He did take them to the Finals, that is a really high ceiling that only 3 other teams in the western conference, and 6 total, have broken in the last 15 years.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Brooks will be just fine after he takes over the "Taken" franchise from a retiring Liam Neeson.

CDNslhPVEAA171x.jpg