• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz vs. Mayhew feud rumor

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MikeD (TrustMe) = Principal. Exact same writing style, lengthy responses, likes to add in research data, the immediate change in the tone of his posts once interacting with TP, the specific statement to the effect of "just ask TP" when it came to evaluating our WR depth.

Every single one of those qualities mirror each other and say they are the same person. But the most telling fact is their posting history. Anyone who is a regular knows MikeD(TrustMe) was a very active poster and his history backs that up.

He made multiple posts on July 11 and then disappeared and guess who appeared? July 13 Principal appears and starts posting, and sounding just like MikeD, who doesn't make another post until one yesterday. Oddly enough it's on the same thread where Principal is making many posts and the entire thing says simply "I like turtles" and nothing more. Does anyone EVER remember any post like that from him? Absolutely, positively not. He just wanted to get his screen name on a thread with his alter ego.

MikeD averages 5.17 posts per day according to his history. He never logs in and makes just one post, and never something such as "I like turtles". But that is his entire posting history since Principal shows up. Does anyone seriously think that if MikeD logged in, read this thread he would make only make that stupid post? He would have been all over the chance to pile on to TP since there was someone else also doing it.

You can make up an elaborate story of your background, profession and whatever else you want on a message board but these two are one in the same.

And that, kiddies, is why you don't fuck with Dr. Evil-er. He's on a whole 'nother level.

If Principal is, in fact, TrustMeIamRight, then I'm confidant the admins will catch it, and then it's bye-bye to both. Like I said already, they seem to take that shit quite seriously here, so this should be interesting to watch.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2006 people thought sending a video with your phone would be an amazing futuristic idea. Adrian Peterson says he loves his new knee. Just sayin. #2097 yards

Not to mention the study subjects were players in the last millennium. It also only researched the year directly after their injury, not the rest of their careers...

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means jump on in man. It only started because he was trolling, and you guys know I don't have the ability to let trollers slide.

Smitty already jumped in and lit me up, so this debate is wide open for all who wish to join! :suds:

What the hell...it's been a while.

Originally Posted by tpaulus_2
So the talent-level on the o-line definitely got better this year, it's just a question of how well they gel together. It bugs the hell out of me that people complained about the o-line for years, and now that we're taking steps to fix it they're complaining about that, too. (that's not directed @ you Principal) Can't have it both ways people. We brought in younger, more talented linemen to replace our veterans, that's a good thing going forward.

The blackened statements are not based in fact, or even opinion. They're based purely in hope and prayer. But I do join you in that hope and prayer.

Even if Warford > Peterman, that's one spot, and can't speak for the entire line.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to put that in perspective. Reiff's being named the future LT was contingent on S&M's blind faith that the Lions would be a perennial playoff contender and drafting in the 20's year in and year out and thus not having the opportunity to draft a stud LT. Funny that perspective changed right quick when it looked like we had an opportunity to improve that position through the draft.

The number #1 overall pick is going to play RT this season. When Branden Albert walks next year, Fisher will move to LT.
IMO any team would change there thought process when a stud LT is there, not perspective just logic. Joekel and Fisher grade better on paper than Rieff, with 32 LT's in the league Sure they rank higher than half (on paper). It all means nothing till Sunday afternoon.

Every team attempts to better themselves via the draft...That was a captain obvious moment!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is what you posted defending your response to what I posted in response to Principals original post on the matter.

I re-read said response, and nowhere in there did I even suggest his life is pathetic, or anything of that nature.

You haven't went there, yet. Still straddling that line when dealing with a guy who you see as "losing" a debate. The way you've dealt with posters such as MikeD, cleeves, laker and such is whatI referred to. And what drew the "blah, blah,blah" response from me to your tried and true blame Schwartz as his players are all world class post.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have definitely had BSLegend's back had he showed up last year, for the record. The dipshit did nothing to deserve the comments a large group of people on here directed at him. He's not the brightest bulb in the box, but he didnt deserve the ridicule and downright awful things that were thrown at him. It's the same behavior I see now, as I saw then.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell...it's been a while.

The blackened statements are not based in fact, or even opinion. They're based purely in hope and prayer. But I do join you in that hope and prayer.

Even if Warford > Peterman, that's one spot, and can't speak for the entire line.
I'm willing to back that one up.

Warford > Peterman is the easy one.

However, don't confuse me saying that the talent level went up with me saying that said players are "better" per se. There's a lot more that goes into playing o-line than just physical talent alone. Experience is probably the biggest one, and to that end we're sorely lacking.

Anyhow- Warford is clearly more physically talented than Peterman. Not that Cherilus wasn't a good RT, but Fox is a better athlete. Reiff is a much better athlete than Backus was for the last several years.

So, again, I'm not saying they're "better" just more physically talented. I guess that means they have the potential to become better, but I don't expect them to step in and be better right off the start.

Long story short, all three guys we replaced are better physical talents, but I'm not saying that makes them better o-linemen, if that makes sense? It gives them lots of potential, but that can be a very dirty word indeed...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't went there, yet. Still straddling that line when dealing with a guy who you see as "losing" a debate. The way you've dealt with posters such as MikeD, cleeves, laker and such is whatI referred to. And what drew the "blah, blah,blah" response from me to your tried and true blame Schwartz as his players are all world class post.

Look at the 3 guys you brought up- yes, I've said such things to all three, but it was hardly a one-way street. The trash-talking with those three goes both ways, so singling me out in those instances is anything but fair. I'm also not the only one (by a long shot) to trade barbs with them.

And just because I'm not a fan of Schwartz doesn't mean I ever said that his players are "all world class." There's a huge gulf between defending a useful player against being a "scrub" and saying that he's world class. What's up with this all-or-nothing attitude? Why does every player either have to be a super-star, or he sucks?

That's where I get a lot of disconnect with other posters here- I'm willing to defend a guy's usefulness as a 6th WR, or 5th RB or 6th CB, etc... But that doesn't mean I think he's a stud player. Why do so many of you make that jump? Clearly if we're talking about reserve players that means they're not that great to begin with. However, writing them off as scrubs or trash or whatever drives me nuts. We have 53 fucking players on our roster, shouldn't we want them to as good as possible? Just because I'm willing to learn and talk about our bottom of the roster players doesn't mean I think they're super-stars. But they were brought in for a reason, and can play a useful, if limited, role.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have definitely had BSLegend's back had he showed up last year, for the record. The dipshit did nothing to deserve the comments a large group of people on here directed at him. He's not the brightest bulb in the box, but he didnt deserve the ridicule and downright awful things that were thrown at him. It's the same behavior I see now, as I saw then.

Really?

I don't mind BS, because he's harmless and a little off, but he absolutely brought the comments on himself.

When he'd post those ALL CAPS calling us all idiots, morons, clowns, etc... he opened up a big can of worms. Again, this was a two-way street, and he often initiated the insults. Don't try to make it seem as if we attacked him un-prompted. He had a very unfortunate habit of insulting the board at large.

That being said, I'd welcome him here with open arms because I enjoyed his colorful posts, and he was a very active poster as well...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am going to have a thread to read about when I get home later. If pages 1-9 are as entertaining as page 10, it should be a good read.

I'm shocked to see TP in an argument with someone and I can safely assume it went something like this.

Poster disagrees with something TP said about the Lions

TP starts in with name calling and telling the poster he is an idiot or some other elementary school barb questioning one's intelligence

Poster continues to argue with TP

TP announces himself as "the winner" of the discussion and tries to point fingers at everyone but himself for why the argument started

Rinse and Repeat

***if I am wrong, as I haven't read this thread, I will apologize now. i've just seen this play out over and over already. It is entertaining to read though

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bronco riled up and voicing his opinion! Good to see it! Just don't spill any Mc D's sauce the shit is like bleach you will never get the stains out!

As I have said in the past Schwartz and Mayhew are joined at the hip due to Schwartz's contract extension. Mayhew could not just move on from Schwartz as the Ford's had to much money invested but after this season I think it could be much more doable.

As for this years #1. I think they wanted Ansah but as the draft got closer the speculation was Joeckal or Fisher could slide everything was up in the air. Not only did they not slide but Johnson went early as well.

But we will ever know for sure!

I think we can safely assume Mayhew and Schwartz both need a good year and most of the offensive line will be playing for their futures as well. Gandy, Fox, Austin, Sims, Raiola, and Nagy to be more specific.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for MikeD having an alternative handle....sorry don't see it. One Sports SportsHoopla does a good job policing that....and ESPN posters are coming over like us CBS refugees.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Festivus in July! And this is my airing of grievances! (I'll respond to more later, but right now I gotta go shoulder deep in some hot Bovine snatch. And I'm mean hot, it's like 105 up in there)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for MikeD having an alternative handle....sorry don't see it.

i can PROMISE you -- i am the last person to make up an alternate account. i've got my hands full with a baby to waste my time doing something like that.

also, as everyone here knows, i have no problem voicing my opinion under my own account.

now someone let me know if pages 1-9 are as entertaining as the 10th page or should I not waste my time reading them?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for MikeD having an alternative handle....sorry don't see it. One Sports SportsHoopla does a good job policing that....and ESPN posters are coming over like us CBS refugees.

All you would need to do is post as the alter ego from your phone or office and from your home as the primary I'd. As long as you never change from doing that it would never be noticed. It would be that easy.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can PROMISE you -- i am the last person to make up an alternate account. i've got my hands full with a baby to waste my time doing something like that.

also, as everyone here knows, i have no problem voicing my opinion under my own account.

now someone let me know if pages 1-9 are as entertaining as the 10th page or should I not waste my time reading them?

Why bother to re-read them, you've been posting on them all along as Principal. You know exactly what's on those pages.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am going to have a thread to read about when I get home later. If pages 1-9 are as entertaining as page 10, it should be a good read.
The good stuff starts around page 6, if I'm not mistaken.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you would need to do is post as the alter ego from your phone or office and from your home as the primary I'd. As long as you never change from doing that it would never be noticed. It would be that easy.

True dat, I'm sure the IP address is how they track it...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked to see TP in an argument with someone and I can safely assume it went something like this.

Poster disagrees with something TP said about the Lions

TP starts in with name calling and telling the poster he is an idiot or some other elementary school barb questioning one's intelligence

Poster continues to argue with TP

TP announces himself as "the winner" of the discussion and tries to point fingers at everyone but himself for why the argument started

Rinse and Repeat

***if I am wrong, as I haven't read this thread, I will apologize now. i've just seen this play out over and over already. It is entertaining to read though

What's funny is that you could replace "TP" with "TrustMe" and this would be pretty much dead-on...

Last edited by a moderator: