• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz vs. Mayhew feud rumor

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97.1 is reporting a "rumor" supposedly coming out of Allen park that it's Schwartz vs. Mayhew and "one has to go." Figured I'd post it now in case it catches any national steam.

First Xanders was quietly brought in, then we all saw the shady article about Schwartz, his mistress and his custom made tight crotch pants, and now this.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire...

thoughts? True or false? And if true, who goes?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree where's there's smoke there's usually fire. I'll wait to say who needs to go if either of them after our 1st 6 games.

I still have them at 7-9 but trending backwards if there is any truth to this. You can't have a team divided and expect success.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its true, I hope it all goes down on tape. Or, preferably, on live TV. If one goes, I'm cool with both going. Or both can stay, so long as Jim still has his khakis. Basically, I'm just rooting for pants in this whole thing. I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree where's there's smoke there's usually fire. I'll wait to say who needs to go if either of them after our 1st 6 games.

I still have them at 7-9 but trending backwards if there is any truth to this. You can't have a team divided and expect success.

If I was a fan of any other team on the outside looking in, I'd think Schwartz was on the hottest seat in the league. There were rumors of the Ford's being unhappy with the Lions image even during the 10-6 season. Since then, there have been all these other rumors about Schwartz that have developed, and each one is worse than the one before it. Last we heard the Lions were interested in Brian Kelly. At some point we have to accept that there is probably some truth to all of this. I don't hear this shit about anyone else's team. Even Rex Ryan seems to have more job security than the Schwartz right now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Schwartzy loose so Titans fans can beg the organization to sign him to a lifetime contract.

You guys would be FOOLS to run Schwartz off. :2cents:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Schwartzy loose so Titans fans can beg the organization to sign him to a lifetime contract.

I'm starting to think it was Jeff Fisher all along doing it for the Titans Hammer. He's got the Rams going right pretty quickly.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is Mayhew for neglecting needs for so long and going with the BPA theory. We should have a idea after 6 weeks into the season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think it was Jeff Fisher all along doing it for the Titans Hammer. He's got the Rams going right pretty quickly.

You have no idea the level of mourning and deep grief that existed in Nashville when Jeff was officially gone. 99% of Titans fans loved Jeff. No one will ever convince me that there is a better head coach in the NFL, nor someone that is a better representative of an organization. If I really told you how much I love Jeff, I'd sound like a raging homosexual so I won't.

I am a little surprised you guys are losing faith in Schwarzy. Go back and watch the video of him not taking shit from that arrogant asshole Harbaugh and you'll regain some of the respect. I wish he had dealt him a knockout punch. Me and my Dad were together the day that happened and we were hootin' 'n hollerin' in pure glee at Schwartz standing up to that punkass bitch. He should have knocked his cocky ass out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet you all my vcash that Schwartz joins Fish in Ram country the minute he's gone (if). The D coordinator they have now is the ex-Lions CB coach. They want him bad.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you all my vcash that Schwartz joins Fish in Ram country the minute he's gone (if). The D coordinator they have now is the ex-Lions CB coach. They want him bad.

Yep and some of the players will want to go too.

I am afraid you guys are going to make a mistake here and it's just going to set you back. Don't fire the guy. It'll be your loss and the Rams' gain. :2cents:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised you guys are losing faith in Schwarzy. Go back and watch the video of him not taking shit from that arrogant asshole Harbaugh and you'll gain some of the respect.

I loved when Schwartz stuck up for himself and I'm not losing faith in him as much as I'm starting to buy into the rumors. Just too many to keep ignoring. I think Schwartz is a good coach but last year I was left feeling that both he, and the team has peaked. Honestly, they were the same team they were when they were 10-6. They just took more bad bounces than good ones last year. I want to see improvement, not just consistency. 0-6 vs. the division bro. Can't expect any fan base to be cool w that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I haven't heard any of the talk. What are the rumors? Misconduct?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I haven't heard any of the talk. What are the rumors? Misconduct?

The basic timeline is this -

- Lions brass unhappy about off-field arrests, bad public image despite 10-6 playoff season. Rumor surfaced after the season.

- Rumors surface after 4-12 season of friction between Schwartz and players. Specifically Gosder and Avril (who called Schwartz and "idiot"). Both left.

- Rumors that Schwartz got lazy after 10-6 season and thought Lions basically were better than they finished.

- Backus retired, rumor surfaced of him verifying previous rumors. Says Schwartz has lost locker room.

- Rumors of Schwartz requesting custom fitting pants to make his crotch be focused on or something. :L

- Rumors of Schwartz requesting the Lions find a home for his mistress.

- Rumors of the Lions being interested in bringing in Brian Kelly.

Now this. Rumors of Mayhew and Schwartz having friction, and "one has to go".

I think that's everything.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh. The D-Coord. in St. Louis is very, very worried.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck getting the dipshits on this board to agree with you Hammer.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh. The D-Coord. in St. Louis is very, very worried.

Rams problem is their piss-poor offense. Worst starting QB in the league, just lost their best player on O to ATL, and their counting on a midget rookie WR to save the day. Yikes. But their D is a lot better than the Lions. For being such a supposed D genius, Schwartz has done zip to help the Lions become a top NFL defense.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea the level of mourning and deep grief that existed in Nashville when Jeff was officially gone. 99% of Titans fans loved Jeff. No one will ever convince me that there is a better head coach in the NFL, nor someone that is a better representative of an organization. If I really told you how much I love Jeff, I'd sound like a raging homosexual so I won't.

I am a little surprised you guys are losing faith in Schwarzy. Go back and watch the video of him not taking shit from that arrogant asshole Harbaugh and you'll regain some of the respect. I wish he had dealt him a knockout punch. Me and my Dad were together the day that happened and we were hootin' 'n hollerin' in pure glee at Schwartz standing up to that punkass bitch. He should have knocked his cocky ass out.

I live in Clarksville TN. I'm all to familiar with Fisher and Schwartz. I don't dislike either of them, But Detroit is a different animal then Nashville, the fans are different, the mentality is different. I really hope it works out in Detroit because it would be just another set back if we cleaned house again.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams problem is their piss-poor offense. Worst starting QB in the league, just lost their best player on O to ATL, and their counting on a midget rookie WR to save the day. Yikes. But their D is a lot better than the Lions. For being such a supposed D genius, Schwartz has done zip to help the Lions become a top NFL defense.

We had the Freak, Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth manning our D-line (along with a couple of beast nose tackles platooning to stay fresh) with Keith Bullock directing and a shutdown corner in Courtland Finnegan back when our D was the best in the league. Schwartz seemed to orchestrate it all perfectly.

You can't even IMAGINE the frustration we had last year as the Titans were setting all-time league records for defensive futility and yet the team made no one accountable and chose to stick to "We're going to get better and adjust next week" bullshit. That's another board I guess...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya don't get the wrong impression. I don't think anyone wants Brian Kelly here. He'd be doing this every play.

Purple-Kelly.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you fucking serious Swarm!?!