• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz vs. Mayhew feud rumor

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to get into the middle of your TPaul fight but this sounds made up. I realize the media had the Lions targeting a LT in the draft but others (like me) called Ansah to the Lions months in advance. I assume you have seen something else to back this up, and not not media fed lies?

Not doing research for you, but it was pretty clear that the Lions were going LT if one of the big 3 were still there.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, nice try but I am not this MikeD guy of which you speak. Keep tracking my posts and you will find that I will almost never post from around 2 pm - 7pm because I live in Thailand and I will usually be sleeping during that time.

No problem, MikeD will be posting as you during those hours

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense. If we have an opportunity to improve any position through the draft of course we will. Are you very new at this?
Cannot help you if you have a limited IQ.

Haha, you're proving to be more of a joke with every stroke of the keyboard. You said his measurables didn't compare to "decent" prospects. Then when I argued that they did you pulled together a list of some of the best (i.e.- "elite") prospects from the last few drafts. Nice try, Cheech, but we're not all as stupid as you apparently think...
Wow that was a huge stretch to try and save face after being blown away by my research. I mean really? Your defense of being ignorant to Fox's measurables is that I used the word "decent" when describing a LT that I would want to start on my team. WEAK.

If you think 28 is old, that's your perrogative. Please don't try to pass that off as "facts" though...
Well here you go, chew on this: "According the the NFL Players Association, the average career of an NFL player is 3.3 years" That is FACT and therefore 28 is beyond OLD. You make this easy, debating you reminds me of put-n-take pheasant season.

My people skills are fine, I just have zero patience or tolerance for idiots. You were trolling, and I bit. Put on your big boy pants and deal with the consequences if you're going to purposefully post stupid stuff to try to rile everyone (or anyone) up. Now that I realize that you're either a huge tool, or someone's alt account, I completely retract said statement, because I don't care if you think I'm a dick...
Believe me, this post right here proves you are WAY beyond dick level of character.

I'm too easy? You can't even remember what you posted? And you expect us to believe that you were an educator and and administrator for how long?
Yes, you are way too easy to debate but you simply post what you think without researching to support your argument. As for administrator, well I am now in my 21st year as an administrator.

You asked why nobody picked him up off our practice squad, not how come nobody picked him up after we cut him. The answer is the same for both though: he was injured. No team is going to pick up an injured WR to the active roster. Once we placed him on IR for the year nobody could pick him up for the rest of the year.
You keep digging a bigger whole for yourself on this issue. The easiest time for teams to have picked up Edwards was August 31 when he was released. Not one single team picked him up to add him to their practice squad let alone their 53. Then the Lions signed him to the practice squad on September 2 if he was talented enough to be on a teams 53 as you say some team would have stole him off of our practice squad but it did not happen. He was not put on IR until October 16. That is a month-and-a-half on the practice squad in which teams could have taken him. As for you comment about teams picking up injured players that is LAUGHABLE...cough, cough...Nagy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for doing the research for me. On another note, I remember you posted about wanting to know more about the salary cap and how it works. The best place that I have found for this is: NFL Salary Cap He is awesome in putting it in easy to understand terms. The quickest way to learn about it is to use his FAQs in the sidebar on the right.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Fox) stacks up very well against the best left tackle prospects of the last two drafts. (by the measurables, at least)
The most glaring piece of that is that Fox did not even attempt the 3-cone and that is the #1 measureable for OL according to Gil Brandt. I agree though his hand size is pathetic.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am going to have a thread to read about when I get home later. If pages 1-9 are as entertaining as page 10, it should be a good read.

I'm shocked to see TP in an argument with someone and I can safely assume it went something like this.

Poster disagrees with something TP said about the Lions

TP starts in with name calling and telling the poster he is an idiot or some other elementary school barb questioning one's intelligence

Poster continues to argue with TP

TP announces himself as "the winner" of the discussion and tries to point fingers at everyone but himself for why the argument started

Rinse and Repeat

***if I am wrong, as I haven't read this thread, I will apologize now. i've just seen this play out over and over already. It is entertaining to read though
I guess you know this TP guy real well 555. (Editors Note: the number 5 in Thailand is "ha")

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banner pimp Matt Stafford watches down on this thread and just smiles.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not doing research for you, but it was pretty clear that the Lions were going LT if one of the big 3 were still there.

Oh please do kind sir. Extrodinary claims need extraordinary evidence, as they say. I'm fully aware of whet the mock draft media had to say, which means absolutey nothing.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please do kind sir. Extrodinary claims need extraordinary evidence, as they say. I'm fully aware of whet the mock draft media had to say, which means absolutey nothing.

Gandy did it for me in a post down below...here is what he posted:
Ezekiel Ansah was third on Lions' 2013 NFL Draft board - Pride Of Detroit

Ziggy Ansah wasn't Detroit's top choice, Lions tried to trade fifth pick | Deseret News

Ziggy Ansah was third on the Detroit Lions' draft board | MLive.com

Here are a few tidbits....you read one you've read them all. Just different opinions on who was 1st and 2nd.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy did it for me in a post down below...here is what he posted:
Ezekiel Ansah was third on Lions' 2013 NFL Draft board - Pride Of Detroit

Ziggy Ansah wasn't Detroit's top choice, Lions tried to trade fifth pick | Deseret News

Ziggy Ansah was third on the Detroit Lions' draft board | MLive.com

Here are a few tidbits....you read one you've read them all. Just different opinions on who was 1st and 2nd.

First link says he was 3rd on their board then assumes the top 2 must have been LT's.

Second link says the Lions tried to trade BACK (not up) with Buffalo at 9. It also says the Lions did not contact any other teams about trading. So they weren't trying to trade up. Finally, the article assumes one of Mayhew's top 2 was DE Dion Jordan, and not two LT's.

Third article again assumes (rather ignorantly) that the 2 unnamed players players must be some combo of Fisher, Joekel and Johnson. Yet the Raiders were able to move all the way up to 3 from 12 for a messily 3rd round pick? Sounds like if the Lions wanted Lane Johnson bad enough at 3 they could have gotten him since they sat at 5. But they didn't even try if the reports of them only speaking with the Bills about trading down are true.

So that leaves Fisher and/or Joekel if you believe article number two. They may have thought they could still snag Ziggy at 9 since no other DE's went after Jordan went off the board.

So let's assume Fisher or Joekel really was no.1 or 2 on the Lions board. Does that really mean they were going to draft one of them? Next year I guarantee you the Lions have 1-2 QB's in their top 3 on their draft board because the talent coming out dictates it. Does that automatically mean they take the top guy on their board even though it's a QB? No. It's just means their draft board looks like most teams draft board. Maybe they had Fisher at 1 but still felt Reiff was the best man for their LT job. Can't prove they didn't. The whole "we draft the best available" is just a line they feed the fans. Fans and "experts" can get wrapped up in all the arm chair guessing games you like. It's fun. But that's all it's good for. Zero proof whatsoever that Ansah wasn't the pick all along.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero proof whatsoever that Ansah wasn't the pick all along.
I'll play along even though the argument was about whether the Lions were sold on Reiff being their LT and not rather Ansah was their #1 guy. If you believe Ansah was #1 on the Lions big board then you truly are stoned on Kool-Aid. Why would they dick around with Reiff if it was not possible for him to not be their LT? Why would they not just come out and say Riley will be our LT this year? Answer is that they did not want to tie their own hands.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play along even though the argument was about whether the Lions were sold on Reiff being their LT and not rather Ansah was their #1 guy. If you believe Ansah was #1 on the Lions big board then you truly are stoned on Kool-Aid. Why would they dick around with Reiff if it was not possible for him to not be their LT? Why would they not just come out and say Riley will be our LT this year? Answer is that they did not want to tie their own hands.

Name call all you like sir, doesn't change any facts of my argument. The Lions don't just come out and say anything about anyone, but the best and easiest explanation to your question is summed up in three words: pre draft smokescreens. What you perceive to be dicking around, others perceive as simple draft strategy. There is never a good reason for any team to show their cards prior to draft day.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name call all you like sir, doesn't change any facts of my argument. The Lions don't just come out and say anything about anyone, but the best and easiest explanation to your question is summed up in three words: pre draft smokescreens. What you perceive to be dicking around, others perceive as simple draft strategy. There is never a good reason for any team to show their cards prior to draft day.

Name call? Where did I call you a name?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now, you're helping make my case. My evidence may be circumstantial but its piling up against you. Let me ask everyone, do you know the difference between a couple days and a week? Let me rephrase that, would you confuse "a couple days" with 8 days? Anyone answering yes to that question? It had been 8 days, July 11 was MikeD's last post before the idiotic "I like turtles" post, which was made July 19th. You do realize that you made that post on page 5 of this thread, the one you keep claiming not to have read. So what you now want us to believe is what, that you just decided to make a ridiculous post on this very thread, you never read any of it before that post, or after it again until sometime today when you suddenly found out I was saying you two were the same person. You aren't fooling anyone other than yourself trying to juggle two ID's and confusing them.

Meow,

The reason I haven't posted much in the last week or whatever it is, is my wife went back to work, so I'm with my baby during the day. It is also the same reason you see me log onto the site around 6 am each morning, because that is when I feed him each morning.

I can promise you -- I am 100% telling you the truth. I am NOT principal and there is zero chance I would swear on my newborn if I was.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my point exactly. And what I've been subtly trying to curb for a month and a half. My "dipshits" comment back on page one was meant to bring out exactly what's been discussed for about 9 pages now. Subtle didn't get anywhere.

:10:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Principal, you may not be aware of this yet. But we have rules we are expected to live by, given to us by our un-elected president. First and foremost of these rules, thou shall not question the ability of any player currently under contract. All Detroit Lions are exceptional football players, and any shortcomings are due solely to the coaching staff. It's hard to get used to, as I could have sworn Drayton Florence and Amari Spievey were god awful shitasses, but eventual you just accept their shitassedness is relative to the absurd awesomeness of the rest of the roster. Rule Two: Undrafted free agents quickly gain value to other franchises after spending time in Dtown. Of course it's not due to the coaching the receive while they're here. That would be stupid, and your life would obviously be pathetic and worthless if you thought such a heretical thing. Rather, it has something to do with Quantum Mechanics, I believe. Third rule, every free agent is interesting, due to Rule #1.

:laugh3:

I'm just getting into reading pages 6-10. This is a Hall of Fame post. I'm surprised no one blamed me for hacking into Smitty's account and making that post too.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're one of the few I've came across that doesn't think Warford will be the starter.

I believe some of the first words I ever spoke were complaints about the Lions OL and I was born in 1957.

Tulloch is a very poor MLB. He lacks the ability to read the play. He is successful only when he guesses right

QB - Stafford is one more piece of ass away from pissing all of his talent down the drain.

Here is a few of the posts I found on page 7, that should tell you Principal is not me.

I loved the Warford pick and think he will be an immediate upgrade at OG and help out the running game immensely over last year.

He states he was born in 1957 -- seeing as how my Mom was born in 1956, I'm going out on a limb and saying it isn't me.

Tulloch is the only LB on the Lions roster that I like and I think he does a good job for us.

I love Stafford and know he has been with the same girl for years, so I would never make a comment about him getting 'another piece of ass'. I think Stafford is one guy who can turn this franchise around.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom was born in 1956...... Coincidence? I think not. (But I believe so)