• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz vs. Mayhew feud rumor

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does she date younger guys?

I guess I would have to say no. My mom has been with my dad since she was 14 years old, got married to him when she was 18 years old and they have been married ever since.

Since my dad is older than my mom -- I'm going to say she likes 'older guys'.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom was born in 1956...... Coincidence? I think not.

Hmmmm -- maybe I am actually posting under your account as well, as everyone here knows, I am too reserved to get into arguments under my own account. :laugh3:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name call? Where did I call you a name?

Maybe it felt that way at the time because I was stoned and sippin on some grape kool-aid when we were rapping. :noidea:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for doing the research for me. On another note, I remember you posted about wanting to know more about the salary cap and how it works. The best place that I have found for this is: NFL Salary Cap He is awesome in putting it in easy to understand terms. The quickest way to learn about it is to use his FAQs in the sidebar on the right.

First thanks for the site!

Second, I did not research for you. Did it for the topic of debate. I also stated these articles were opinions of the writers. These three articles neither prove or disprove any right or wrong. Just adds that you and Rob, anyone including me have absolutely no clue who was on the their board or who was their "guy"...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thanks for the site!

Just adds that you and Rob, anyone including me have absolutely no clue who was on the their board or who was their "guy"...

While I of agree this is all speculation I think I provide a fair, valid and compelling argument that the guy they drafted, was their guy all along. In short, draft boards do not always reflect the order of which a team will draft a player (per my QB example).

While it is entirely reasonable and believable that the Lions had Fisher and Joekel 1-2 on their big board, it's just as reasonable and believable to assume they would have passed (or traded down with a team willing to trade up for one of them as they appear to have tried w Buffalo) on both of them if they felt more comfortable with their current LT and RT spots than they did with their DE's (which at the time was basically nobody).

Again, next year the top guy 3 guys on the Lions draft board will be a DE, and probably two QB's. Say they go 4-12 again and Clowney is off the board but the two top QB's are still there? They aren't taking one. The same principle can be applied here and result in a fair argument. Big board had 2 LT's in the top 3 and a DE. Lions are comfortable with their 1st and 4th round tackles, and decide to fill a gaping hole at DE with the kid who owned it in their defense at the Senior Bowl. IMO that sounds very reasonable and realistic considering they ended up w Ansah at 5.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO of the Principal=MikeD=TRustme....
Although Trustme seems to know football. The one topic he has never really shown his expert tutelage in is the salary cap. Principal has done numerous posts showing his hand of knowledge.

Not knocking ya MikeD, you have a strong personality. You would definitely chime in about the cap if you knew. His ego wouldn't let him stay out of the conversation until Principal shows up months later.

I am not professing to be Matlock or Agent 99 here. Just my $0.02

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You both have great arguements. Just as Tpaul and Principal did in their debate. Just funny how we go 13 pages on speculative theories. Everybody wants facts and stats... this debate there are none!!! Mayhew did not state his #1 and #2 guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping I was #1 on their board. I wasn't, so I had to get my old job(fill in any gas station/fast food joint here) back.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Trustme seems to know football. The one topic he has never really shown his expert tutelage in is the salary cap. Principal has done numerous posts showing his hand of knowledge.

If Principal has been making posts about the salary cap -- that should verify once and for all, I am not him. I have posted on here repeatedly I have very minimal knowledge of the cap, which is why I stay out of the discussions regarding the cap.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not knocking ya MikeD, you have a strong personality. You would definitely chime in about the cap if you knew. His ego wouldn't let him stay out of the conversation until Principal shows up months later.

I know you aren't and you are 100% right -- if I had anything intelligent to say about the Lions cap, I would. Kind of funny that it is something that just doesn't interest me in trying to understand as I majored in Accounting with a minor in Finance in college. You'd think numbers like that would be something I'd take the time to learn.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would have to say no. My mom has been with my dad since she was 14 years old, got married to him when she was 18 years old and they have been married ever since.

Since my dad is older than my mom -- I'm going to say she likes 'older guys'.

Awesome...same was true for my mom and dad. He actually married her when she was 14 and he was 19. As for me, I have the most beautiful Thai wife of 4 years and was just joking around.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome...same was true for my mom and dad. He actually married her when she was 14 and he was 19. As for me, I have the most beautiful Thai wife of 4 years and was just joking around.

Must have been a different way of doing things back then. My dad was 20 when he started dating my mom (who was 14).

If you try to do that now -- instead of a relationship, you will get 5-10 years in the state pen and I lifetime membership on the Sex Offender List.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I married younger. My wife is 7 years younger than me.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big board had 2 LT's in the top 3 and a DE. Lions are comfortable with their 1st and 4th round tackles, and decide to fill a gaping hole at DE with the kid who owned it in their defense at the Senior Bowl. IMO that sounds very reasonable and realistic considering they ended up w Ansah at 5.
That is your fantasy and now for mine: The Lions were not comfortable with Reiff at LT and made it publicly known by telling Reiff he has a starting job, but their not certain where. For you to say the Lions had nobody at DE prior to the draft is bogus. They had already announced that Jones would be their starting LDE. Is it a glaring weakness on the team? Yes. Did I feel that DE was the #1 need on draft day? Yes. However, the Lions would have ran to the podium for Luke or Eric. Now was the LT position in such bad shape that we had to trade up to secure one of them? Several pundits thought so and that is why there were articles out there about how Detroit needed to trade up with KC. I did not write those articles btw. The interesting argument is really about why did the Lions take Ansah at 5. Now here, I agree with you, because he was their guy. You can imagine that I did not agree with this pick since I have already made a bet with JP that the Lions with not have "substantially" more sacks this year from their DEs. I was in the camp of those hoping to sign Abraham. Heck, we may still sign KVB back if the DEs look pathetic in camp. My preference was to trade down and still maybe land Ansah or one of the Gs. Not finding a trade partner, I would have selected Warford.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For better or worse the Lions are the tightest lipped team in the NFL along with the Patriots. They let nothing important be known publicly. What would be the point? What the "pundits" write is worthless.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your fantasy and now for mine: The Lions were not comfortable with Reiff at LT and made it publicly known by telling Reiff he has a starting job, but their not certain where. For you to say the Lions had nobody at DE prior to the draft is bogus. They had already announced that Jones would be their starting LDE. Is it a glaring weakness on the team? Yes. Did I feel that DE was the #1 need on draft day? Yes. However, the Lions would have ran to the podium for Luke or Eric. Now was the LT position in such bad shape that we had to trade up to secure one of them? Several pundits thought so and that is why there were articles out there about how Detroit needed to trade up with KC. I did not write those articles btw. The interesting argument is really about why did the Lions take Ansah at 5. Now here, I agree with you, because he was their guy. You can imagine that I did not agree with this pick since I have already made a bet with JP that the Lions with not have "substantially" more sacks this year from their DEs. I was in the camp of those hoping to sign Abraham. Heck, we may still sign KVB back if the DEs look pathetic in camp. My preference was to trade down and still maybe land Ansah or one of the Gs. Not finding a trade partner, I would have selected Warford.

:fish2:

Nobody posts so many nonsense things at once unless they're fishing for an argument. If we just ignore him TrustMe will get bored and stop using the account...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy comes home from work to find his girlfriend packing up to leave him. "What's wrong baby? " He asks her. "I found out today that your a *********!" She says. "Whoaaaa.... *********!?! That's a pretty big word for an eight year old!"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preference was to trade down and still maybe land Ansah or one of the Gs. Not finding a trade partner, I would have selected Warford.

So your bright idea was to pass on Ansah and take the G they got in the 3rd round at 5th overall?

:wtf: