• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz vs. Mayhew feud rumor

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but missing your #2,3,4 WR in Broyles, Burly, Titus didn't help. I can forgive Matty for that. Hard to rack up TDs when you only have CJ and 3 guys covering him.

I guess TP has not educated you on the talent we have at WR. We are so deep according to him that I am surprised that Stafford struggled. I mean TP pointed out my oversight of our stud receiver core that includes (Edwards, Durham, Fuller, Thomas) all of which would start for other teams in the league, just ask TP.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? He was drafted in the 1st round to be our future LT...
You need to put that in perspective. Reiff's being named the future LT was contingent on S&M's blind faith that the Lions would be a perennial playoff contender and drafting in the 20's year in and year out and thus not having the opportunity to draft a stud LT. Funny that perspective changed right quick when it looked like we had an opportunity to improve that position through the draft.

If Fox has the makings of an average NFL LT, then he should really shine at RT. I don't know where you're getting your info on his "measurables" but coming out a few years ago they stacked very well against other decent prospects. His measurables weren't the issue, an injury was, which is why we got him in the 4th...
Well if you took the time to do some research maybe you could educate yourself on his measurables:

[FONT=Verdana, serif]OT LAST NAME SCHOOL .....HT... WT 40.. BP ..VJ... BJ ...3C ...HAND ARM [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 Luke Joeckel Texas A&M 6062 307 5.12 27 28.5" 8'10 7.40 10 1/8 34 1/4 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 E Fisher Central Michigan 6072 306 5.05 27 28.5" 9'8 7.59 10 1/2 34 1/2 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]3 Lane Johnson Oklahoma 6062 303 4.72 28 34" 9'10 7.31 10 1/8 35 1/4 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 Kalil Southern California 6060 306 4.99 30 27" n/a 7.33 10 3/8 34 1/2 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]17 Jason Fox Miami Florida 6070 305 5.42 25 29.5" 8'6 na 9 1/2 34 1/2 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 Riley Reiff Universi Iowa 6060 313 5.23 23 26.5 8'2 7.87 10 1/8 33 1/4 [/FONT]
Hiliard has been a career back-up so far, but the thing with young back-ups is that they often develop into starters...
Since when is 28 young? Helps to know your facts if you want to debate.

I think our 4 guards heading into the season are Sims, Warford, Scott and Rodney Austin...
I sure hope you are right.

To say Chuck Roger's career was cut short by injuries is just silly. He was just a thug who couldn't separate from his former life. The collarbone injuries certainly didn't help, but they weren't career threatening...
Well now you are showing your ignorance and prejudice. I happen to be an educator of 36 years of which I spent 10 years with the Saginaw Public Schools. Needless to say I have friendships with people related to Charles and you could not be farther from the truth. Sure he had his history prior to coming in the league and if someone just took a media perspective on Charles you would be right. The truth of the matter is that he, along with countless other ex-NFL players became quickly addicted to pain medication after his first injury. Now maybe that has something to do with his history lowering his tolerance to pain medication dependency but it is a fact nonetheless. Believe what you want.

Dude just look in the mirror you have those "being a dick" qualities. Now remember, you are the one who called yourself the dick in this debate, not me. Here is a little tip for you: Any time you start a sentence with, "Now I am not trying to be a dick or anything..." Just shut the fuck up because anything that follows that will be evidence that you are being a dick. Get some people skills.

I'm thinking he wasn't picked up off our practice squad because he spent the bulk of the season on IR. Can't scoop another team's player off injured reserve.He looked like he was going to make the team last year till he injured his quad in the preseason, which led to his IR designation...
Amazing how you can spew garbage and be so convincing. I imagine it works really well for you. However, I know better. Edwards was released on 8/31/2012. He was free for any team to pick up and no team picked him up. C'mon man stop spewing garbage without researching. Your too easy to debate.

Really? Cool story bro, but entirely made up by you. Thomas wasn't cut and never passed through waivers...
Well finally 1 point for you. You got me there. I forgot how pissed I was when we gave up the draft pick in order to trade for Thomas. What a totally worthless move that was. Brilliant Mayhew.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Principal was clearly trying to ruffle some feathers, and apparently you didn't care for my response to his tactics. If he's free to trash-talk our players I should be more than free to post my less-than-friendly reply...

Next time you think to speak for my motivation...think again. My post had nothing to do with ruffling your feathers. It was a retort to your Kool-Aid drinking, cornbread eating post you made. I simply shared my perspective and backed it with a whole lot of research and reality. I find your rose colored glasses remarks to be pretty hypocritical as I found that you believe the Lions will go 9-7. What the hell is up with that? Either these guys are awesome as you profess, or they go 9-7, which is it?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record and say I look at Schwartz's job here like a 2 out of 3 falls match. He won the first match, got squashed in the second one. 2013 is the rubber match. If he wins this probably all goes away. 0-6 or 1-5 vs. the division again and he's gone.

Lots of people want to blame Schwartzy for last year... I'm not one of them. Besides the game where he needed to learn the fucking rules....they had 10 losses by 10 or less, 8 of them by a TD. Not bad for a roster decimated by injuries. We were starting practice squad corners and receivers for Christ's sake.

Bottom line is they won those close games in 2011 and in 2012 they lost them. If they can stay somewhat healthy this year all the bandwagoners will jump back on and say how much they love their fiery coach.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's NFL torn MCLs/ACLs are becoming a pretty routine surgery and re-hab. They're not the career-enders they used to be. Off the top of my head I can't think of a recent player who had to retire before the age of 30 do to knee issues.

So you can say I'm being a dick, but you throwing out baseless nonsense like this kind of points that particular arrow in another direction....

In fact, a study in the December 2006 issue of The American Journal of Sports Medicine concluded that players with ACL ailments returned to the field with far less statistical success compared to the season before the ligament was damaged.
The report, written by Dr. James L. Carey, was a collection of data on ACL injuries to both running backs and wide receivers from 1998-2002. Carey and his colleagues devised a "power rating" for each player in every season, and was defined as a sum of their total yards and touchdowns.
This group of injured players was compared to a group of players who played in 2000 and did not sustain an ACL injury. The rating compared the three seasons prior to the player's ACL injury (when the player was at 100 percent) to the three seasons after the player's ACL injury.
Of the 33 injured players in the report, 21 percent (seven of 33) never even returned to play in another regular-season contest in the NFL. The 79 percent of players that did return in nine to 12 months saw their numbers fall by one-third based on the rating. This decline was significant compared to the 146 players in the control group, so it was evident that a torn or damaged ACL caused a statistical downfall.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, a study in the December 2006 issue of The American Journal of Sports Medicine concluded that players with ACL ailments returned to the field with far less statistical success compared to the season before the ligament was damaged.

In 2006 people thought sending a video with your phone would be an amazing futuristic idea. Adrian Peterson says he loves his new knee. Just sayin. #2097 yards

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MikeD (TrustMe) = Principal. Exact same writing style, lengthy responses, likes to add in research data, the immediate change in the tone of his posts once interacting with TP, the specific statement to the effect of "just ask TP" when it came to evaluating our WR depth.

Every single one of those qualities mirror each other and say they are the same person. But the most telling fact is their posting history. Anyone who is a regular knows MikeD(TrustMe) was a very active poster and his history backs that up.

He made multiple posts on July 11 and then disappeared and guess who appeared? July 13 Principal appears and starts posting, and sounding just like MikeD, who doesn't make another post until one yesterday. Oddly enough it's on the same thread where Principal is making many posts and the entire thing says simply "I like turtles" and nothing more. Does anyone EVER remember any post like that from him? Absolutely, positively not. He just wanted to get his screen name on a thread with his alter ego.

MikeD averages 5.17 posts per day according to his history. He never logs in and makes just one post, and never something such as "I like turtles". But that is his entire posting history since Principal shows up. Does anyone seriously think that if MikeD logged in, read this thread he would make only make that stupid post? He would have been all over the chance to pile on to TP since there was someone else also doing it.

You can make up an elaborate story of your background, profession and whatever else you want on a message board but these two are one in the same.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MikeD (TrustMe) = Principal. Exact same writing style, lengthy responses, likes to add in research data, the immediate change in the tone of his posts once interacting with TP, the specific statement to the effect of "just ask TP" when it came to evaluating our WR depth.

Every single one of those qualities mirror each other and say they are the same person. But the most telling fact is their posting history. Anyone who is a regular knows MikeD(TrustMe) was a very active poster and his history backs that up.

He made multiple posts on July 11 and then disappeared and guess who appeared? July 13 Principal appears and starts posting, and sounding just like MikeD, who doesn't make another post until one yesterday. Oddly enough it's on the same thread where Principal is making many posts and the entire thing says simply "I like turtles" and nothing more. Does anyone EVER remember any post like that from him? Absolutely, positively not. He just wanted to get his screen name on a thread with his alter ego.

MikeD averages 5.17 posts per day according to his history. He never logs in and makes just one post, and never something such as "I like turtles". But that is his entire posting history since Principal shows up. Does anyone seriously think that if MikeD logged in, read this thread he would make only make that stupid post? He would have been all over the chance to pile on to TP since there was someone else also doing it.

You can make up an elaborate story of your background, profession and whatever else you want on a message board but these two are one in the same.

:scratch::noidea: hmmmm. sounds legit. I hope not!! Kinda pathetic to have multiple I.D.'s :lame:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess TP has not educated you on the talent we have at WR. We are so deep according to him that I am surprised that Stafford struggled. I mean TP pointed out my oversight of our stud receiver core that includes (Edwards, Durham, Fuller, Thomas) all of which would start for other teams in the league, just ask TP.

Stafford struggled because he lost his #2 through #4 WRs last year.

I obviously didn't say that Edwards, Durham, Fuller or Thomas would start for any team in the league. You said that because I called you out on your trash talk and you don't like it. Now you're resorting to lying. Sad.

I get that you're trying to be a smartass here, but you missed the mark and went full dumbass instead.

Also, it's my understanding that the moderators here are quite good at catching alternate accounts and take it very seriously. I believe if you get caught using an alt account your original account gets blocked as well. I originally thought "principal" was a real poster because thndr welcomed him over from the ESPN board, but based on all of the very directed trolling at a few of the old CBS members it's looking increasingly likely that somebody made an alt account to screw with us.

I'm interested to see how this all unfolds now...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to put that in perspective. Reiff's being named the future LT was contingent on S&M's blind faith that the Lions would be a perennial playoff contender and drafting in the 20's year in and year out and thus not having the opportunity to draft a stud LT. Funny that perspective changed right quick when it looked like we had an opportunity to improve that position through the draft.

I don't mean to get into the middle of your TPaul fight but this sounds made up. I realize the media had the Lions targeting a LT in the draft but others (like me) called Ansah to the Lions months in advance. I assume you have seen something else to back this up, and not not media fed lies?

Lots of people want to blame Schwartzy for last year... I'm not one of them. Besides the game where he needed to learn the fucking rules....they had 10 losses by 10 or less, 8 of them by a TD. Not bad for a roster decimated by injuries. We were starting practice squad corners and receivers for Christ's sake.

Bottom line is they won those close games in 2011 and in 2012 they lost them. If they can stay somewhat healthy this year all the bandwagoners will jump back on and say how much they love their fiery coach.

Several teams can lay claim to the bolded part every season. That's the NFL. How many spreads do you see over 17 weeks that are greater than 8 points? Not many.

And why does it have to be a bandwagon thing? I hate this attitude that everyone always has to pick a side (see every major TV court case ever). I'm always on the Lions bandwagon. Have been since I was a wee lad. Are Schwartz lovers gonna follow him to St. Louis when he's fired or will they still be Lions fans?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense.

If we have an opportunity to improve any position through the draft of course we will. Are you very new at this?

Well if you took the time to do some research maybe you could educate yourself on his measurables:

[FONT=Verdana, serif]OT LAST NAME SCHOOL .....HT... WT 40.. BP ..VJ... BJ ...3C ...HAND ARM [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 Luke Joeckel Texas A&M 6062 307 5.12 27 28.5" 8'10 7.40 10 1/8 34 1/4 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 E Fisher Central Michigan 6072 306 5.05 27 28.5" 9'8 7.59 10 1/2 34 1/2 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]3 Lane Johnson Oklahoma 6062 303 4.72 28 34" 9'10 7.31 10 1/8 35 1/4 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]1 Kalil Southern California 6060 306 4.99 30 27" n/a 7.33 10 3/8 34 1/2 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]17 Jason Fox Miami Florida 6070 305 5.42 25 29.5" 8'6 na 9 1/2 34 1/2 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2 Riley Reiff Universi Iowa 6060 313 5.23 23 26.5 8'2 7.87 10 1/8 33 1/4 [/FONT]

Haha, you're proving to be more of a joke with every stroke of the keyboard.

You said his measurables didn't compare to "decent" prospects. Then when I argued that they did you pulled together a list of some of the best (i.e.- "elite") prospects from the last few drafts.

Nice try, Cheech, but we're not all as stupid as you apparently think...

Since when is 28 young? Helps to know your facts if you want to debate.
If you think 28 is old, that's your perrogative. Please don't try to pass that off as "facts" though...

Well now you are showing your ignorance and prejudice. I happen to be an educator of 36 years of which I spent 10 years with the Saginaw Public Schools. Needless to say I have friendships with people related to Charles and you could not be farther from the truth. Sure he had his history prior to coming in the league and if someone just took a media perspective on Charles you would be right. The truth of the matter is that he, along with countless other ex-NFL players became quickly addicted to pain medication after his first injury. Now maybe that has something to do with his history lowering his tolerance to pain medication dependency but it is a fact nonetheless. Believe what you want.

You're either full of it, or ignoring the obvious. The dude tried to have his own mom killed, he's a train wreck.

Dude just look in the mirror you have those "being a dick" qualities. Now remember, you are the one who called yourself the dick in this debate, not me. Here is a little tip for you: Any time you start a sentence with, "Now I am not trying to be a dick or anything..." Just shut the fuck up because anything that follows that will be evidence that you are being a dick. Get some people skills.
My people skills are fine, I just have zero patience or tolerance for idiots. You were trolling, and I bit. Put on your big boy pants and deal with the consequences if you're going to purposefully post stupid stuff to try to rile everyone (or anyone) up.

Now that I realize that you're either a huge tool, or someone's alt account, I completely retract said statement, because I don't care if you think I'm a dick...

Amazing how you can spew garbage and be so convincing. I imagine it works really well for you. However, I know better. Edwards was released on 8/31/2012. He was free for any team to pick up and no team picked him up. C'mon man stop spewing garbage without researching. Your too easy to debate.
I'm too easy? You can't even remember what you posted? And you expect us to believe that you were an educator and and administrator for how long? I feel bad for the poor teachers who had to work for you.

You asked why nobody picked him up off our practice squad, not how come nobody picked him up after we cut him. The answer is the same for both though: he was injured. No team is going to pick up an injured WR to the active roster. Once we placed him on IR for the year nobody could pick him up for the rest of the year.

Please try to remember what you posted before patting yourself on the back. That part about "spewing garbage without researching" is probably the most ironic thing you've ever posted, btw...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to get into the middle of your TPaul fight...

By all means jump on in man. It only started because he was trolling, and you guys know I don't have the ability to let trollers slide.

Smitty already jumped in and lit me up, so this debate is wide open for all who wish to join! :suds:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Wow, now that I actually look at those numbers, you really are good at making yourself look bad. You just showed how our 4th round right tackle prospect stacks up very well against the best left tackle prospects of the last two drafts. (by the measurables, at least)

Fox's numbers are right there with the rest except for two: 40 time and hand size. His 40 time was low because he was coming off season-ending knee surgery. So if hand size is the only measurable separating him from a 1st round LT prospect, then I think Mayhew did pretty damn great landing him in the 4th.

Thank you, though, for finally doing some research. You completely proved yourself wrong, but good research none-the-less... :clap:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling? I don't see that. I see a guy who isn't drunk on Honalulu Blue jock sweat. If we could have drafted a premier left tackle in this past draft, I imagine we would have. We could, so we didnt. Am I trolling when I say Mike Thomas for a draft pick was a bad idea? Bell is a scrub? Spievey sucks goat gonads? (I am trolling when I mention Staff's luscious moobs though)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time you think to speak for my motivation...think again. My post had nothing to do with ruffling your feathers. It was a retort to your Kool-Aid drinking, cornbread eating post you made.
So you weren't trying to ruffle my feathers, you just thought I was too positive so you figured you'd just try to post the opposite of what I thought then?

:crazy:

I simply shared my perspective and backed it with a whole lot of research and reality.
If this sentence had stopped after the word "perspective" you would have been right. But the only research you do seems to only prove you wrong, and reality is clearly not one of your strong suites.

I did actually lol at that one though, so thanks, I guess.

I find your rose colored glasses remarks to be pretty hypocritical as I found that you believe the Lions will go 9-7. What the hell is up with that? Either these guys are awesome as you profess, or they go 9-7, which is it?
See, this is the problem with you dissenters. Every time I stick up for a player's abilities you get all bent out of shape (mostly because I back it up with research, and don't just base my opinion on what I see on Sundays) and start putting words in my mouth because you can't handle an actual, factual debate.

Just because I think it's good to have a pair of talented youngsters competing for our 6th WR spot (that's right, I was clear about where they fit in. just because I had the gall to discuss them doesn't mean I think they'll be anywhere close to being starters) doesn't mean I think we're going to go 13-3 or something.

A classic sign of a lost debate, though, is putting words in somebody's mouth. All that says is that you can't stick with them when it comes to the actual facts, so you resort to childish behaviors in hopes of distracting from the original topic.

Sorry (supposed) Principal, but you've been exposed.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling? I don't see that.
Really?

Go back and read his initial post that I was replying to and try to tell me that wasn't trolling.

Here's some of his remarks:

S&M and scared shitless that the OL is terrible. They picked up Harris and Scott for fear that nobody can play C or G on this team.
Sims is a fine guard, and we just drafted Warford in the 3rd. But yeah, our management is "scared shitless" about those two...

Broyles is one more hit from following Javid out the door.
This isn't trolling either.

QB - Stafford is one more piece of ass away from pissing all of his talent down the drain.
More baseless trash talk. But you're right, he wasn't trolling.

DE - We may set the record for the fewest sacks by DEs in the history of the NFL this year.
If this shit doesn't bother you that's fine, but it bothers the hell out of me. Apparently it really offense you when I respond to people like this though... can't quite follow that logic, but whatever.

LBs - No one wanted Tulloch and he proved why.
Still all from the same post.

Houston is our best and he was absolutely pathetic the 2nd half of last year.
We need a trolling emotocon because I'm running out of things to say on this.

when the best player on your team over the past 20 years is a kicker, you really SUCK.
Best player? Barry, Megatron?

After reading all of that you're still going to tell me you don't think he was fishing for a response with that crap? Be real man.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what I don't care for is reading about how pathetic some people's lives are when they say basically the same thing as you, only directed at players, rather than the head coach.
Also, this is what you posted defending your response to what I posted in response to Principals original post on the matter.

I re-read said response, and nowhere in there did I even suggest his life is pathetic, or anything of that nature.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JTFC TPaul, you only further my annoyance.

Not my problem. I don't tolerate people like this guy very well.

Apparently it really bothers you though, when I go at it with these types. I find that interesting because I've never got into it with you like I have with these guys (and it's only a select handfull of them, and I'm not the only one whom they get into it with, either), yet you're getting really butt-hurt over it all.

Your name wasn't even brought up, yet you came to Principal's defense and called me out for no apparent reason. What gives?