• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schiano's "antics"

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NFL Game Center: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Giants - 2012 Week 2

Just select the video titled "Tempers fly as game ends."

Diving at the QBs legs is a personal foul. I see at least 4 TB DL going low.

It's the Carson Palmer rule.

All I see in that video is the DL diving into the OL, which causes the OL to fall back into Eli. How does the OL bumping into Eli fall under that rule? Do I just not understand the rule?

I wasn't a huge fan of the play, but I could see how it could work against a team that wasn't expecting it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all over the place on both sides of the fence. I don't care about other teams, so while I don't want it done to us, I don't see that much wrong with others doing it to others. I don't think there is much chance, but I know that there is a chance at recovery. I'd be mad if they did it trailing by 9 or more because of the injury risk. But, I also know if someone did it trailing by nine, scored, on-side kicked, and scored again, we'd be calling them geniuses or applauding their effort. We'd also be chastising the kneelers for not being ready.

Bottom-line, build a 21 point lead with less than a play clock left! Simple. ;)

I think there is more to it than just a chance to win - We have knelt 5 times to end our first two games. Twice in GB beginning with 0:49 seconds and three times vs. Detroit beginning with 1:28 left. And obviously with only an 8 point lead in both games. Neither GB nor DET attempted what TB did.

And I doubt we would be calling them geniuses - we'd be calling them lucky as hell and the other team idiots.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more to it than just a chance to win - We have knelt 5 times to end our first two games. Twice in GB beginning with 0:49 seconds and three times vs. Detroit beginning with 1:28 left. And obviously with only an 8 point lead in both games. Neither GB nor DET attempted what TB did.

And I doubt we would be calling them geniuses - we'd be calling them lucky as hell and the other team idiots.

All true. I much prefer calling people lucky or idiots. I'm glad Detroit and Green Bay didn't try it - someone could have gotten injured for little chance, but also Rodgers/Stafford have a higher chance of scoring (if they did recover) than Freeman did (plus, with more time to do it).

(Sarcasm alert)

But you are ignoring my insight. All teams who build a 21 or more lead with 35 seconds or less on the clock have gone on to win the game. It's so simple, I don't know why more teams don't embrace this philosophy. Coughlin should have just had the Giants up by 21 if he didn't want this to happen. Alex says that teams who win the turnover battle win 68-75 percent of the time. Pshhhh. Teams who build 21 point leads going into the last thirty seconds win 100% of the time. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL should eliminate kneel-downs entirely - NFL.com

Don't agree, just posting because it's related. I don't want my team risking a loss just to "make a good play." Like the article said, the victory formation is an earned thing. Just be prepared for the other team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should also eliminate handshakes because of the Schwartz thing. And press conferences because of the angry coaches. And touchdown celebrations because it's taunting. And goal posts, because they directly influence the outcome of the kicks. And seatbelts and condoms, because sometimes they don't work. They should also eliminate victories, because when someone wins, there's always a loser somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like it is going to gain some momentum.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with this play. They were still trying to win the game. Nothing illegal or dirty about it. The NFL's been uber-protective of offensive players, yet the league office has said nothing about this play, let alone penalized the Bucs.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This will be my final post, hopefully, on the topic. First, I think it's a huge stretch to try and say the play was, "illegal." Secondly, what bothers me is not the disagreement with the call. It's this flabbergasted display like Schiano was Kevin Gogan out there trying to make it on dirty play. I didn't think it was dirty. If it was done at Rutgers for 11 years and worked to force a fumble once, then it was a viable play. How often do Hail Mary's work? How often does it work to lateral your way into the end zone?

You roll your eyes at the play? Fine. It's a bit of a much ado about nothing play. I just can't stand all the hyperbolic angst from Tom Coughlin and the pundits against it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL should eliminate kneel-downs entirely - NFL.com

Don't agree, just posting because it's related. I don't want my team risking a loss just to "make a good play." Like the article said, the victory formation is an earned thing. Just be prepared for the other team.

so what's exciting about handing it off to a running back who is gonna run with two hands on the ball up the middle?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what's exciting about handing it off to a running back who is gonna run with two hands on the ball up the middle?

I don't see the victory formation ever becoming obsolete

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be my final post, hopefully, on the topic. First, I think it's a huge stretch to try and say the play was, "illegal." Secondly, what bothers me is not the disagreement with the call. It's this flabbergasted display like Schiano was Kevin Gogan out there trying to make it on dirty play. I didn't think it was dirty. If it was done at Rutgers for 11 years and worked to force a fumble once, then it was a viable play. How often do Hail Mary's work? How often does it work to lateral your way into the end zone?

You roll your eyes at the play? Fine. It's a bit of a much ado about nothing play. I just can't stand all the hyperbolic angst from Tom Coughlin and the pundits against it.

Probably the fact that his offensive line and elite QB could of suffered season ending injuries on a meaningless play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe now when teams are up by 8 or less points and in the victory formation, they will be ready. Might make it more exciting if something happening. Yes the odds are very slim, but they are there at least.