• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schiano's "antics"

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm a little tired of the negative press Greg Schiano got for the kneel down at the end of the game. The fact of the matter is, it completely caught the Giants by surprise. They may have thought it was a "cheap shot," but if Eli had fumbled (possible considering how soff guard he was caught) that play could have been the latest miracle at the Meadowlands. And Coughlin going off on it shows how much of a whiny baby the dude is.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw no problem with it. I'd have have no qualms if they did that every kneel down.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a little tired of the negative press Greg Schiano got for the kneel down at the end of the game. The fact of the matter is, it completely caught the Giants by surprise. They may have thought it was a "cheap shot," but if Eli had fumbled (possible considering how soff guard he was caught) that play could have been the latest miracle at the Meadowlands. And Coughlin going off on it shows how much of a whiny baby the dude is.

Theory one:
Coughlin realized that the Niners and the Lions are playing prime time and was anticipating "The Handshake part Deux". He needed the attention...

Theory two:
Coughlin needed to distract the media so that he would not have to explain why it was necessary for Eli's heroics. The Giants vaunted defense gave up all those points and he was trying to head off all the critics..

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Perhaps they need to have a seminar on all the "unwritten rules" for incoming players and coaches during the offseason. Because there seems to be some confusion on this topic.

I can't say I've ever seen it before, so hard to say anyone should or shouldn't have known it shouldn't be done. To me, it was a reasonable if totally desperate attempt to make a play......but hardly anything to scream about. Given that reactions from inside the league/retired players have been about 100% against it, I'm willing to concede its a no-go, but all the stuff about "putting the players in danger" is just sanctimonious whining, trying to act like its a safety issue.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they need to have a seminar on all the "unwritten rules" for incoming players and coaches during the offseason. Because there seems to be some confusion on this topic.

I can't say I've ever seen it before, so hard to say anyone should or shouldn't have known it shouldn't be done. To me, it was a reasonable if totally desperate attempt to make a play......but hardly anything to scream about. Given that reactions from inside the league/retired players have been about 100% against it, I'm willing to concede its a no-go, but all the stuff about "putting the players in danger" is just sanctimonious whining, trying to act like its a safety issue.

I don't know about that.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, Clyde, that's what I've seen. Faulk was *killing* Schiano last night......I mean, I ignore Deion and Irvin, but when Faulk says something I listen.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Clyde, that's what I've seen. Faulk was *killing* Schiano last night......I mean, I ignore Deion and Irvin, but when Faulk says something I listen.

Mike Golic and Antonio Pierce were backing Schiano all the way early this morning. I've noticed that offensive players sided with Coughlin, while defensive players sided with Schiano. It's a far cry from a 100% against Schiano, though.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF Countdown showed the Bucs kneeling down 3 times to end the game against the Panthers. Schiano is a hypocrite.

Anyways, a snap from shotgun negates this Bullshit to cause a fumble.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Schiano did anything wrong, on the flip side, he better not cry if someone runs up the score on him. Games not over.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I saw no problem with it. I'd have have no qualms if they did that every kneel down.

Word. It's not against the rules. I have the same reaction to people whocomplain if a team passes to run up the score. If you don't like it, complain to teh ref's! Oh, it's not illegal? Then quit yer whining.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we had a short thread last year regarding victory formation, how to get teams out of it? there were some good ideas but sorry, can't recall?

anyways, the point is if this is an issue, they should change rules to discourage it? then you remove the "gentlemens agreement" of not hitting hard on kneel downs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had no problem with what Schiano had his team do. You gotta play till the end. Just like in boxing you protect yourself at all times.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Faulk is an idiot. Not in the same class as Deion and Irvin but still an idiot.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF Countdown showed the Bucs kneeling down 3 times to end the game against the Panthers. Schiano is a hypocrite.

Anyways, a snap from shotgun negates this Bullshit to cause a fumble.

Yeah, speaking of hypocrites, etiquette and unwritten rules....

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think i've ever seen a team do that on a kneel down. sore losers imo...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This reminds me a bit of a moment from my glory days of JV high school football. In our first game, the coach calls a QB kneel-down. I was playing center, and the RG didn't like me much as I'd bumped him from center that year. I snap the ball, and HE takes a knee. He gets up after our QB also kneels - thankfully the D didn't do what the Bucs did - and starts yelling at me, "Take a knee!" I was like, "That's just the QB, moron." Very amusing.