• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scandrick

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has become one of my favorite players. Also think he was destined for a Pro Bowl season last year - not a 2015 version of the Pro Bowl, but an Old School real Pro Bowl type season. Not sure at this point and after the injury he will be quite the same. If we draft a young corner or safety that contributes, Jones continues to improve and Scandrick is back to where he was I think that goes a long way towards 2016 success in the win column.

Veterans Pleased With Turnouts As Cowboys Begin Offseason Program

8 Months Since Injury, Scandrick 'Can See Some Light At The End Of The Tunnel'

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doUbt. Definitely one of my favorites. He came into this league with a huge chip on his shoulder and it has remained there. Seeing cry last year when he was announced out for the season was tough to watch. He plays with an attitude. I expect a great yr from him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Scandrick on Week 8 return: 'I'm good to go'

Dallas Newsletter

It's five straight wins for the Dallas Cowboys and four of of them have been without star cornerback Orlando Scandrick.

The veteran returned in the opener from a torn ACL that ended his 2015 season, and his rust was noticeable enough to throw cans of WD-40 on the field. He would tweak his two hamstrings in as many weeks, and has been inactive ever since. At one point Scandrick admitted he wasn't the same, stating he isn't a 'car that can get new wheels'.

The Cowboys are 5-1 after taking care of business against the Packers! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

While he hasn't acquired 'new wheels', his current ones have certainly had their fair share of rest now. And Scandrick wanted to be clear on Monday he's feeling great.

"Yes, I'm good to go," Scandrick said Monday after practice, via Kate Hairopoulos of SportsDay. "I feel good to be back out there. It's been a long road. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I'm just happy to be back out there. I just needed time. I was trying to push through something that was maybe a little worse than everybody thought."

The Cowboys were grateful to see rookie Anthony Brown step up big in the absence of Scandrick, but are looking forward to getting the Grouch back vs. the rival Eagles.

For his part, Scandrick says it was hard to sit idly by and watch his teammates fight week in and week out. It was all made easier, though, by the fact they are winning games.

"It's easier to watch when we're winning," Scandrick said. "And just to see the success that's going on around here, I just want to get back and contribute to the success and continue the winning."

Seahawks vs Cardinals ends in tie after back-to-back missed FG'sSTART SLIDESHOW

Having only played two games of last 22 outings, everyone is hoping Scandrick can both remain on the field and get back to his impactful 2014 ways.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he is back, but I wouldn't play him until he was healthy

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said that although QB Tony Romo (back) was able to perform a limited practice on Thursday for the first time this season, there is still no timetable for his return to the starting lineup.

There’s no timeline or any of that stuff, but we’re just really happy to see him get back out there,” said Linehan via Drew Davison.

• Todd Archer of ESPN notes that Romo did not take any reps during the 11-on-11 portion of practice but was in a helmet and jersey during when practice was open to media.
  • Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli said CB Orlando Scandrick (hamstring) will be on a “pitch count” for Sunday’s Week 8 game. (Charean Williams)