• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB halftime show guesses

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Madonna/Taylor Swift/Cardi B three way on stage. maybe some scissoring on the 50 yd. line.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you have a vagina because any grown man that watches the half time show these days is by nature a pussy.

Only way to watch the Super Bowl is by yourself (or a VERY select few friends) so you can mute every advertisement and the half time show, and during those intermissions browse something (basically anything) on the Internet.
That's funny but it's kind of true. The big super bowl party has become such a cliche. If you're a hard core football fan you probably don't want to be part of it. First, you got the people that act like they have never seen chips and dip before.
Then there's the people that are obsessed with seeing every stupid commercial and think three frogs saying "Bud" "Wise" "Er" is hilariously funny. The degenerate gambler who spends the whole day on his phone putting in prop bets on crazy things he thinks will occur during the game.
The casual fan who doesn't really know that much about football but knows enough to try to explain everything that happens to his wife or anyone else who will listen. (this is the most annoying to the hard core fan because he gets all kinds of stuff wrong in his explanations but it's not worth correcting him because his wife will never watch another game until the next superbowl).
Then there's the "theater students" who talk through the whole game and only get interested during the half time show when they can critique the choreography.
And my favorite of all--The guy that you never even knew was a football fan that shows up already drunk wearing a jersey and hat announcing it has been his lifelong dream to see (insert team) win the super bowl. The team is usually an also ran like the Bills, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles (cept that one year) so they end up losing. If he doesn't start a fight and get thrown out of the party he's the guy you see in the backyard after almost everyone else has left, either crying or stomping back and forth in the yard, knocking over bird baths and shit.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny but it's kind of true. The big super bowl party has become such a cliche. If you're a hard core football fan you probably don't want to be part of it. First, you got the people that act like they have never seen chips and dip before.
Then there's the people that are obsessed with seeing every stupid commercial and think three frogs saying "Bud" "Wise" "Er" is hilariously funny. The degenerate gambler who spends the whole day on his phone putting in prop bets on crazy things he thinks will occur during the game.
The casual fan who doesn't really know that much about football but knows enough to try to explain everything that happens to his wife or anyone else who will listen. (this is the most annoying to the hard core fan because he gets all kinds of stuff wrong in his explanations but it's not worth correcting him because his wife will never watch another game until the next superbowl).
Then there's the "theater students" who talk through the whole game and only get interested during the half time show when they can critique the choreography.
And my favorite of all--The guy that you never even knew was a football fan that shows up already drunk wearing a jersey and hat announcing it has been his lifelong dream to see (insert team) win the super bowl. The team is usually an also ran like the Bills, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles (cept that one year) so they end up losing. If he doesn't start a fight and get thrown out of the party he's the guy you see in the backyard after almost everyone else has left, either crying or stomping back and forth in the yard, knocking over bird baths and shit.

Last Super Bowl party I was at I think was 2008 or something (was right after Seattle lost to Pitts which I watched alone). But basically you nailed every single one of the reasons you don't want to attend one. That last party I got in an argument with someone to "STFU" and I think it was the 'casual fan who doesn't really know much about football but tries to explain everything.' And a few times I yelled 'okay quiet' to the "theater students". End of day I had to apologize to the host because I was apparently a major buzz kill and told him I'd never attend another one again.

But yes, it annoys the F out of me... people wont shut up and watch the game, people actually shut up for the commercials/half time show and then start talking ABOUT THOSE during the game. Some chick always comes by "Do you like my dip!?" or some shit, and since women are invited it's the WORST. I'm not sexist, but end of day MOST women don't know anything about football or care... so what do they do? Talk... about annoying shit.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the same thing every year to get a rise out of you guys.

Nickleback!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Super Bowl party I was at I think was 2008 or something (was right after Seattle lost to Pitts which I watched alone). But basically you nailed every single one of the reasons you don't want to attend one. That last party I got in an argument with someone to "STFU" and I think it was the 'casual fan who doesn't really know much about football but tries to explain everything.' And a few times I yelled 'okay quiet' to the "theater students". End of day I had to apologize to the host because I was apparently a major buzz kill and told him I'd never attend another one again.

But yes, it annoys the F out of me... people wont shut up and watch the game, people actually shut up for the commercials/half time show and then start talking ABOUT THOSE during the game. Some chick always comes by "Do you like my dip!?" or some shit, and since women are invited it's the WORST. I'm not sexist, but end of day MOST women don't know anything about football or care... so what do they do? Talk... about annoying shit.
Yeah I definitely know people who agree and depending on the season I'm kind of like you as well. If I've been following all year and I'm interested in the super bowl game who needs all the distractions.
The same way a heroin addict views a New Year's Eve Party - it's like amateur night

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see it now. Them getting into their live rendition of "gloryhole" with all the fans waving their lighters.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be Pitbull.

Isn't this incredibly obvious?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Wait.

SB in Miami...Will Smith will be involved. And Jazzy will make an appearance.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Wait.

SB in Miami...Will Smith will be involved. And Jazzy will make an appearance.
Wasn't thinking about that...could work, just cause of "Welcome to Miami", but Pitbull is from Miami, and it seems like they like having a local artist come in for part of the show.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see it now. Them getting into their live rendition of "gloryhole" with all the fans waving their lighters.

They'd have to bring their own fans. Not exactly a well known band, and a joke one at that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be the Jonas Brothers with an appearance from Billie Ray Cyrus and Lil Nas X.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's in Miami?...

I might watch if 2 Live Crew gets a gang of 24-year-old hottie booty shakers in string bikinis on stage and performs "Me So Horny", "C'Mon Babe" and "The Fuck Shop"!

Unfortunately, they'd have to replace Fresh Kid Ice, though. :rip: Maybe Vanilla Ice will step in for him? :thumb:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't thinking about that...could work, just cause of "Welcome to Miami", but Pitbull is from Miami, and it seems like they like having a local artist come in for part of the show.

No Flo Rida?