• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB halftime show guesses

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Jennifer Lopez. Call me crazy but I don't think many kids these days are still blasting pop music from 2004.

I guess you're the expert with the good taste though so maybe I'm wrong.

I mean a quick Google search will tell you that those people are still releasing albums every few years and they’re still hitting number one or number two in the US in popularity so obviously there is a market for them.

And their music could be God awful to certain people but that doesn’t automatically mean they’re not popular and it makes no sense why they were chosen.

I get that this forum and most of the NFL’s old school fanbase doesn’t like New Age music but the NFL knows who’s popular in today’s day and age.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL went after who is "popular" today God help us.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean a quick Google search will tell you that those people are still releasing albums every few years and they’re still hitting number one or number two in the US in popularity so obviously there is a market for them.

And their music could be God awful to certain people but that doesn’t automatically mean they’re not popular and it makes no sense why they were chosen.

I get that this forum and most of the NFL’s old school fanbase doesn’t like New Age music but the NFL knows who’s popular in today’s day and age.

I definitely had no clue those three were still putting out music. I see them all over the place on TV and in movies and shit so I assumed that's all they do now.

Still not sure the NFL really has their finger on the pulse though. From what I understand last year's show was pretty much universally panned for being terrible.

I honestly can't remember the last half time show that wasn't laughed at for being god awful or just goofy as fuck. Tom Petty maybe? Prince? I guess Bruno Mars was fine but I was drunk AF during that one.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you have a vagina because any grown man that watches the half time show these days is by nature a pussy.

Only way to watch the Super Bowl is by yourself (or a VERY select few friends) so you can mute every advertisement and the half time show, and during those intermissions browse something (basically anything) on the Internet.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby Shark

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm hearing it's Lopez according to everyone not from the NFL. Here's the thing, who will be the other two performers joining her? People seem to think that it should be a local artist or some crap. I could care less about this thing but the NFL likes to plug them during games in December and January.

When's the last time someone who isn't a woman actually watched the f**king SB halftime show?

I guess some dudes might watch to try to see a boob again...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The last one I watched was The Who.

I remember that show. It was---

-THUD- ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.....
free-animated-gifs-of-kids-passed-out-fell-asleep-chair.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, JayZ is leading the charge. It will be a combo of a pop, a country, and a hiphop.

My guesses are:
Billy Ray Cyrus + Lil Nas X (bonus, he got the gay) + Khalid

Or they could just put Ed Sheeran up there and have a winner.

Pretty sure Sheeran is out since Andy Dalton has proven Gingers aren’t eligible for a Super Bowl appearance.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing it's Lopez according to everyone not from the NFL. Here's the thing, who will be the other two performers joining her? People seem to think that it should be a local artist or some crap. I could care less about this thing but the NFL likes to plug them during games in December and January.

Eddie Money too soon? Mario Lopez sounds like a good guess, best show on TV was Saved by the Bell

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that were true that would still be better than the washed up stars from the 1980's fans on this board want.

^looks like we've got ourselves a faggot-assed maroon 5 fan in here ^

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, JayZ is leading the charge. It will be a combo of a pop, a country, and a hiphop.

My guesses are:
Billy Ray Cyrus + Lil Nas X (bonus, he got the gay) + Khalid

Or they could just put Ed Sheeran up there and have a winner.

nope. not nearly photogenic enough
Ed_Sheeran_2013.jpg