• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Coaching

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure no one here would question any of the coaching for this game. It wasn't only a brilliantly played game by all of the athletes, but the coaches seriously out coached Denver. That may have been the biggest blood bath of the game.

The Seahawks were ready for everything Manning threw at them, including his vaunted signal-calling at the line of scrimmage.

The Seahawks matched him audible for audible. When Manning threw out an “Omaha” or other code word, middle linebacker Bobby Wagner nodded and barked out some signals of his own — admitting later that a few were bogus words just designed to confuse the Broncos.

“You’ve got to understand, some of his calls are fake, too,’’ Wagner said. “He’s not checking every single play. We felt we had a good pickup from watching on film, when he was going to check and when he wasn’t. We were just on. We felt we had the offense down pat. We definitely came ready for Peyton.”

When asked how in the world the Seahawks could shut down an offense that had steamrolled all comers, Wagner said with a shrug, “They haven’t played a defense like ours. We watch a lot of film, and defenses (they faced) weren’t as fast and physical as ours.

So Seattle out adjusted the kings of adjustments and used their own against them. Just fucking brilliant. :clap::clap::clap:

And all up to the game we kept hearing them say they weren't going to do anything differently on offense. You knew that wasn't going to be true anyway since they had Percy, but you just figured they had two weeks to get ready and wouldn't just keep going with the status quo when everything they had been doing was less than perfect in recent weeks.

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I think Bevell showed exactly why he is one of the top play callers in the league right now. FINALLY we had a line that protected Wilson long enough for the called plays to have a chance to work.

We will be talking about that game for months, years probably, and I don't think we will be critical of any of it. I just wanted to take a moment to give some much deserved props to an outstanding coaching job by that entire staff. Well done boys... well done. :clap::clap::clap:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Percy was used just like we thought. Many times they ran him from the slot straight down the field and he caught over under coverage. Then a crossing route or another streak down the vacated area, boom completion.

I am thinking specifically of the Lockette catch on the cross, but also I think Doug and Jermaine had similar catches on go routes to put us inside the 20.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many teams that had coaching vacancies during the playoffs were kicking themselves for not waiting until the Super Bowl ended to try to fill those vacancies.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bevell definitely bought himself a head coaching job after this coming year, even if we make the Superbowl again.