• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saudi Arabia has bought the WWE

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number been throwing around is 9.3 billion
Time to change the title of this thread

Damn

Not sure what this does for the product but doubt it’s a good thing

Me right now

Oh My God What GIF by This Might Get

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number been throwing around is 9.3 billion

Me right now

Oh My God What GIF by This Might Get

Saudi’s would have the best product

Not forcing the garbage 6 man tag we saw last night

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than the Saudis owning it.

Endeavor should largely keep things the same. It's what they did with UFC, buying it, keeping Dana White in charge and changing very little. By the early details, especially the part about Vince remaining as an exec, we're not gonna see a whole lot of changes. So this should go about as well for everyone from the McMahons, talent, on down to the fans.

A couple issues though to keep an eye on is UFC under Endeavor has gotten a little bit worse production value wise and also their PPVs got more expensive (and frequent). For the first issue, that may not be a case here since WWE largely does their own production work. If they are smart, they should keep everything the same on that front. WWE has some of the best TV production of any live event there is. PPVs or PLEs or whatever they are called now, might change. I could see them abandoning the streaming model, charging 75 to 80 bucks for every event, and having more of them.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Endeavor should largely keep things the same. It's what they did with UFC, buying it, keeping Dana White in charge and changing very little. By the early details, especially the part about Vince remaining as an exec, we're not gonna see a whole lot of changes. So this should go about as well for everyone from the McMahons, talent, on down to the fans.

A couple issues though to keep an eye on is UFC under Endeavor has gotten a little bit worse production value wise and also their PPVs got more expensive (and frequent). For the first issue, that may not be a case here since WWE largely does their own production work. If they are smart, they should keep everything the same on that front. WWE has some of the best TV production of any live event there is. PPVs or PLEs or whatever they are called now, might change. I could see them abandoning the streaming model, charging 75 to 80 bucks for every event, and having more of them.

WWE signed the deal with Peacock for 5 years in 2021 so we have at least until 2026 before anything changes in the PLE market.

Same with tv. For the time being both SD on Fox and Raw on USA will stay there until the fall of 2024.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE signed the deal with Peacock for 5 years in 2021 so we have at least until 2026 before anything changes in the PLE market.

Same with tv. For the time being both SD on Fox and Raw on USA will stay there until the fall of 2024.

Oh I know. I didn't mean it'd change right away. But its a change they'll probably look at in the coming years.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bad:

Saudis would do a far better product

The good: Vince is back

Hopefully this means another deserved demotion for ole banana nose

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Why would NBCUNIVERSAL not allow Endeavor to change the PLE market to how the UFC does? You can only buy the PLE if you are already subscribed to Peacock.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know. I didn't mean it'd change right away. But its a change they'll probably look at in the coming years.
I 100% believe if Endeavor wants to change everything up Fox will be glad to be bought out of their contract.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana White has been more protective of internet copyright than everyone other than the NFL so this is probably bad news for watchwrestling.ai/.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Why would NBCUNIVERSAL not allow Endeavor to change the PLE market to how the UFC does? You can only buy the PLE if you are already subscribed to Peacock.
Because I’m pretty sure that’s not the deal WWE has with Peacock. They agreed on the PLE/library system the way it is and so I don’t think you can just change it because it’s already written in the contract. WWE moved their network over in the US to Peacock as it was.

Now if peacock has some language in the contract saying either party can change the terms with the other party’s consent then that’s a different ballgame.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's the return of 54.95 pay per views

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda makes me think that vinces return means Endeavor wants him running things like Dana kept running UFC.

I know Peacock was free with Xfinity for a while, well, technically free, we all know we are paying for it somehow. But that is about to change to needing to add a subscription. "Free" subscribers get commercials when premium subscribers get reruns of how they got there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best product is out the window.

but working with mma should be interesting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I’m pretty sure that’s not the deal WWE has with Peacock. They agreed on the PLE/library system the way it is and so I don’t think you can just change it because it’s already written in the contract. WWE moved their network over in the US to Peacock as it was.

Now if peacock has some language in the contract saying either party can change the terms with the other party’s consent then that’s a different ballgame.
The contract can easily be amended if NBC gets something out of it. The main purpose of a television rights deal is so neither party gets crushed by it, if NBC can make more cash on their investment why wouldn’t they?

If they continue their model but make the 4 big PLE’s PPV’s again then that is more money for NBC and WWE/UFC whatever company name will be. Fox is where the big question is because they don’t have a streaming platform to follow this model and Smackdown has become the A show for WWE.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda makes me think that vinces return means Endeavor wants him running things like Dana kept running UFC.

I know Peacock was free with Xfinity for a while, well, technically free, we all know we are paying for it somehow. But that is about to change to needing to add a subscription. "Free" subscribers get commercials when premium subscribers get reruns of how they got there.
Sure but UFC’s business model is primarily PPV’s as opposed to WWE’s licensing and tv rights deals. They are two completely different business model but I am sure Endeavor is hoping to recapture the early 2000’s when wrestling fans staying on the channel launched the UFC. No expert but it seems the overlap is limited now compared to where it use to be.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad:

Saudis would do a far better product

The good: Vince is back

Hopefully this means another deserved demotion for ole banana nose

What possible proof do you have the Saudis would do a better product