• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saudi Arabia has bought the WWE

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least that’s what I’m seeing on Reddit.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least that’s what I’m seeing on Reddit.

Thanks for the good news

Hopefully will solve some major problems they’ve been having with creative

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a hot rumor right now, but there’s literally no credible evidence to back it up. Not saying it’s not true, but no one “in the know” has heard anything concrete meaning at this point it’s just a rumor.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a hot rumor right now, but there’s literally no credible evidence to back it up. Not saying it’s not true, but no one “in the know” has heard anything concrete meeting at this point it’s just a rumor.
It would make a lot of sense though

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a tweet:

Their sources are two people on Twitter who have a combined 10,000 followers, obviously they’re not nobody’s but they’re not actual wrestling journalists either. They just “heard” it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say the Reddit thread is pretty hilarious, no one of actual importance has confirmed this and yet people are running like Vince McMahon told them himself. Not saying it isn’t true as it’s something Vince would do, but literally people are taking it as gospel when this is literally the biggest unconfirmed rumor I think we’ve ever had in wrestling.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I gotta say the Reddit thread is pretty hilarious, no one of actual importance has confirmed this and yet people are running like Vince McMahon told them himself. Not saying it isn’t true as it’s something Vince would do, but literally people are taking it as gospel when this is literally the biggest unconfirmed rumor I think we’ve ever had in wrestling.

No one's confirming it but no major outlet is dismissing it either. Also Stephanie announced her departure just a couple hours before this rumor breaks?

Something is up

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph being the first to opt out makes sense though

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's confirming it but no major outlet is dismissing it either. Also Stephanie announced her departure just a couple hours before this rumor breaks?

Something is up
Depends on what you mean by dismissing it, SRS has posted multiple tweets stating that no one he spoke too believes it’s more than just rumors at this point.

And Steph stepping away likely has something to do with her dad as she only came back when he stepped down, so the fact that he’s officially back as head of the board means she’s gonna do what she did the first time.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Depends on what you mean by dismissing it, SRS has posted multiple tweets stating that no one he spoke too believes it’s more than just rumors at this point.

And Steph stepping away likely has something to do with her dad as she only came back when he stepped down, so the fact that he’s officially back as head of the board means she’s gonna do what she did the first time.

Unless I've missed something from the SRS tweets you posted it seems he's unable to confirm or deny the story.

I think he'd at least have an unnamed source offering an unequivocal denial if nothing was happening behind the scenes? Maybe the ink hasn't dried yet, maybe there's a second bidder etc but something must be going on with a deal right now

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I've missed something from the SRS tweets you posted it seems he's unable to confirm or deny the story.

I think he'd at least have an unnamed source offering an unequivocal denial if nothing was happening behind the scenes? Maybe the ink hasn't dried yet, maybe there's a second bidder etc but something must be going on with a deal right now
This is gonna be a giant post with a lot of what he said, but you’ll see towards the bottom that I’ve bolded a few things where he practically dispels this, without outright, saying it

Recap of SRS on Fightful podcast WWE/Saudi rumors

-Reiterates time and time again that nothing is confirmed on his end

-He said the wrestlers are “really really mad” and “really frustrated” about the news

-“What do you not have when you’re owned by a company in Saudi Arabia? A CEO that’s a woman” one source said to SRS earlier today

-Thinks there’s a chance Saudi’s “grossly overpaid” for the company based on the other businesses that were bidding for WWE

-“If there was a group that would have Vince retain any semblance of creative control creatively, it would be with the Saudi’s” but mentions their relationship isn’t perfect and speaks on the problems between Vince and the Saudi prince

-“100%, yes” when asked if employees and talent will walk out on WWE if/when this is official

-“There could be a real, REAL possibility that nothing is happening.” Says putting it out on Twittwe could’ve been a litmus test of sorts to see what the reaction online would be

-SRS believes it would be hard for WWE to get a rights deal based on how the LIV golf negotiations went

-“Absolutely not” in regards to HHH leaving the wrestling business if he is let go by WWE

-SRS believes this deal could ruin Jay White and other free agents coming to WWE. Mentions it moreso being about Vince being back in control rather than the Saudi’s

-SRS believes Fox and USA “won’t be keen on” renewing TV deals if this deal happens

-“How could he stay?!” In regards to Sami Zayn’s standing with the company if this happens

-On HHH going to Impact if he gets pushed out: "No way...if he starts his own thing he'll be better off"

-SRS said one person he "very much trusts" said they spoke to someone in WWE that said everything on Twitter was they first they heard of this talk whatsoever

-Question: "you're telling me Twitter could've gotten worked?" SRS says "that was the first fucking thing I mentioned! If I tweet some bullshit eye emoji, that story is coming out that day."

-SRS: "I am going to be blazed out of my mind after all of this. I am going to be worthless after all of this." upvote for the weeds

-SRS believes all the "confirmations" of the deal is going off of "echos" on Twitter and not "steady information"

-SRS: "Wrestling Twitter tweeted things so loud and vague they were startled by their own echos I think" is a message I was sent by a colleague and something I completely agree with, and could VERY WELL BE THE CASE! I'm sure WWE will need to say something sooner or later.

*will update as this goes on*

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a hot rumor right now, but there’s literally no credible evidence to back it up. Not saying it’s not true, but no one “in the know” has heard anything concrete meaning at this point it’s just a rumor.

The Cassidy Haynes fellow is pretty credible. Had the Bryan Danielson to AEW story and typically only posts stuff if he's like 99% sure.

As for my thoughts on it, this is the worst possible outcome for a sale. Fuck the Saudi Royals. If they do end up buying, there's gonna be all kinds of movement. For sure some people will take the pay. There is afterall only a couple of places to make a good living wrestling and WWE, regardless of owner, is gonna pay big bucks. There's gonna be a sizeable number that will not work for WWE, including current WWE talents that will probably just straight up walk out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let banana nose got to impact lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes sense. But the Saudis tend not to give a fuck about money. It's possible Vince had a general idea about what WWE would sell for, the Saudis offered some absurd amount, and he just said fuck it, we're doing this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll wait for one of the business reporters to comment. So far, none of have said anything. Granted, its the middle of the night and its not like wrestling is a top priority for them, but still. They were on all the Vince stuff beforehand over the last year so they'll be on this if there's any truth to it