• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sando's silver lining

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN insider this morning, has good points. Lose to Oakland and I punt the season but I'm not ready to yet, esp. with Dallas playing SD and Denver their next two.

Redskins

Yes, the Redskins have allowed an NFL-record 1,464 yards through three games. But their defense scored a touchdown Sunday while making sure Detroit got only three points off two Washington turnovers. This 27-20 defeat to the Lions was just the latest game Washington likely would have won if Griffin never would have suffered a knee injury last season. Remember, the Redskins allowed 101 points in their first three games last season, three more than they've allowed this season. They were one game better in the standings one year ago because Griffin lit up New Orleans in the 2012 opener (320 yards passing, 94.5 QBR score).

Griffin appeared tentative over the Redskins' first two games this season and while he's still not right, the play-action pass he threw for Aldrick Robinson was a beauty, traveling 56 yards past the line of scrimmage. If Robinson had finished that catch, the Redskins' win probability would have stood at 69.5 percent. Instead, it lagged at 42.8 percent. That near-miss followed a sequence in which Griffin completed four consecutive passes for 51 yards, and also scrambled for 21 yards, only to lose a fumble without even being hit. The Redskins need a bye week and will get one following a Week 4 trip to Oakland. The fact that Griffin has significant room for improvement physically gives Washington at least some shot at turning the season around.

Verdict: It's not over yet. The Redskins, like the Giants, will need a repeat of the 2010 NFC West, when 7-9 was good enough to win that division. I wouldn't rule it out entirely. Philadelphia is not built for the long haul. And are we really ready to anoint the Cowboys? I'm not.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to imagine, but we still are alive for the division. The wild card is out of the question.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to imagine, but we still are alive for the division. The wild card is out of the question.
don't think the wild card was ever gonna come from the east this year anyways.