• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sando: Rams would have taken Jenkins at 33

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done spending high picks on guards. After the Baas and Rachal experience I'd rather we wait until rounds 3/4 to pick our guards. Too many premium position players available in the 1st/2nd rounds to be taking guards.

that's why we have to take the right players, not just whoever happens to be the next guy on the board at X position.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins will be a stud when we find a QB. Book it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
or it could be baalke just got lucky with a top 10 pick. we'll find out later, but jenkins looks like a reach. this was the draft to get a OG late in the 1st and we blew it.

You can't on the one hand say he might be lucky with one pick and say he might've reached for another.

If you're going to say Smith could be a lucky pick than if Jenkins bombs than that could just be an unlucky pick.

As far as OG, we'll see what happens in the 2nd round. There are still a lot of quality linemen on the board so I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up and grab one.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that's why we have to take the right players, not just whoever happens to be the next guy on the board at X position.

???? Not sure I understand your point. If referring to AJ, Baalke has already stated he was the best player on his board at the 30th pick. Guards and SS are NEVER the BPA in the 1st round IMO. I've learned that much over the years.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't on the one hand say he might be lucky with one pick and say he might've reached for another.

If you're going to say Smith could be a lucky pick than if Jenkins bombs than that could just be an unlucky pick.

As far as OG, we'll see what happens in the 2nd round. There are still a lot of quality linemen on the board so I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up and grab one.

smallish wr's who project as a slot guy usually are 3rd round or later

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Not sure I understand your point. If referring to AJ, Baalke has already stated he was the best player on his board at the 30th pick. Guards and SS are NEVER the BPA in the 1st round IMO. I've learned that much over the years.

from what i was reading this pick was made well in advance of the draft. he was looking for a specific position with the 30th pick and pegged jenkins in that slot.

late 1st round is a spot to get starters, at any position.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
smallish wr's who project as a slot guy usually are 3rd round or later

by who's grading scale do you based this on? Apparently, Baalke does not think the same way you do, nor do some other team.. BTW, Kendall Wright is "smallish" as well at 5'10" 196 lbs

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by who's grading scale do you based this on? Apparently, Baalke does not think the same way you do, nor do some other team.. BTW, Kendall Wright is "smallish" as well at 5'10" 196 lbs

they're obviously not projecting them to be slot guys. if they are projecting them as slot recievers they should be fired.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Glazer, Jenkins was one of the players Ozzie Newsome had in mind when they traded out of the 1st round and into the Vikings 2nd round spot at 35. Newsome said before the draft that there were 9 players he really liked and felt confident some would still be there in the first so it might make sense to trade back. Here is a link detailing that:

Ozzie Newsome: Ravens talking trades, have list of 9 potential picks | ProFootballTalk

...now whether or not Jenkins was the top player for them among that group of guys we still don't know but it's interesting if Glazer is right that the Ravens liked him.

I love hearing this, Ozzie Newsome is one of the best to do it.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, but do we believe Glazer knows who those 9 are?

I'd say Glazer is respectable and no doubt he has plenty of inside connections around the league.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking back at a past speedy slot guy i liked in kevin curtis. he was projected as a mid 2nd. guess it's not too much of a reach, but i'm concerned about jenkins ability to beat press coverage.

unless moss is a flop jenkins shouldn't have the pressure of starting so hopefully he can get bigger and stronger without giving up his speed.