• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco 49ers reached agreement with former Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most questionable signing Baalke has made, but it's for a probable 3rd stringer. Any chances Jacobs doesn't make the team?

At this point, I think he is the softest big running back in the league. If that continues then, yes, he'll definitely get cut but if he decides to play like his size would indicate I think he has some value.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the comments about Jacobs being "soft"...not tough enough, I don't agree with that. What issues has he had that make this a legit comment?

I'd would say that a man with his size and power should produce more; but, much of that is in how NY used him? He's not easily taken down and has been a reliable 3rd down back. He also had 7 TDs last season, I like that.

There are comments about Jacobs being "soft" because he is. Don't you think if he truly displayed power running and short yardage skills we would all love this move? He's shown a propensity to not "run tough." In a way it's difficult to find a stat for that but it's pretty easy to see when you watch him.

There is a nice stat here Brandon Jacobs Stats, Splits - ESPN on 3rd or 4th with 1-2 yards to go, he had 9 attempts, 14 yards and nine of those 14 came on one carry.

And for the record, there's been a lot of criticism even by players about his softness...49ers sign Brandon Jacobs - Inside the 49ers.

If someone has access to a stat of tackled by first contact, especially when compared to other backs, it would be nice.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Gillespie:

Bruce Miller on Brandon Jacobs: "Hopefully he doesn't try to play fullback" with a laugh.

miller has fullback locked up imo. he's got nothing to worry about

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jacobs makes the team and can pound in around 7 TD's again this will have been a great success. Hell i would even take 3-5.

I feel he will make the team and help our red zone/goal line offense much more then last yr.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm starting to warm up to the signing of Jacobs.

Also read an article that he usually comes on strong late in the season, and in the playoffs. He ran through ATL this year in the wildcard weekend.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miller has fullback locked up imo. he's got nothing to worry about

I could see a package where both Gore and Jacobs are out there though....

If Jacobs is willing to block, there could be some wrinkles...

still not high on this signing. Let's see what that gman can do.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs isnt going to get cut, he will be our goaline guy this year, Dixons sorry ase will be gone

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a package where both Gore and Jacobs are out there though....

If Jacobs is willing to block, there could be some wrinkles...

still not high on this signing. Let's see what that gman can do.

i'd rather see vernon in the backfield. that would really mess up a d

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If jacobs makes the team and can pound in around 7 TD's again this will have been a great success. Hell i would even take 3-5.

I feel he will make the team and help our red zone/goal line offense much more then last yr.

for me not so sure he even makes it? he'll compete like all players and we'll see if he beats Dixon or whomever else they add? they could draft a RB and that alone would almost 'cut' Jacobs. they might add a vet after final cuts?

we naturally look at his size and think he'll be good at short yardage/goal line, but don't feel he is. he doesn't play special teams like Dixon and 3rd stringers need versatility. so its fine they give him a 'tryout', but he's not a big signing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could carry 4 running backs with dixon basically being just a special teams guy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thought we signed him to be the water boy .../shrug

maybe, but please answer the question and leave no doubt what you meant.

not looking to instigate an argument, just trying to follow your post on four RB's.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, but please answer the question and leave no doubt what you meant.

not looking to instigate an argument, just trying to follow your post on four RB's.

i didn't know we signed some 32 year old running back until u brought it up...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i didn't know we signed some 32 year old running back until u brought it up...

what are you mumbling about???

because you can't answer a simple question, now i have to believe you realized "four RB's.....with Dixon" was a stupid post?

but you don't want to admit it now.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you mumbling about???

because you can't answer a simple question, now i have to believe you realized "four RB's.....with Dixon" was a stupid post?

but you don't want to admit it now.

gore, hunter, jacobs and dixon

how many is that?