• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco 49ers reached agreement with former Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bye-bye Dixon. I will be one of the few that will miss you man.

Yeah...it was nice having a Miss State Bulldog on the team! I think Dixon could be better than Jacobs with time...but Jacobs is better now...

I think Jacobs could really surge next year behind our run blocking and with a fresh start; Harbaugh and Rathman will have him ready to do some damage.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the signing. Jacobs is a whiney under-performing loud mouth. Who doesn't lower his shoulder often enough. I don't like what he brings to the locker room or to the field.

If gore goes down we will have a running back via committee with Hunter and Jacobs splitting the carries.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Jacobs is no lock to make this team. This is all about competition. With the limited cap space we have im sure his contract is dirt cheap.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure on this signing.

If he can keep his mouth relatively shut and remember that he's not Barry Sanders than I think it could work and be a pretty good pick up. If he can't do that than he really doesn't add much to the team.

I think the fact of the matter is Gore is no longer going to be the work horse and he'll see his carries drop this season.

I think we're looking at a 3 headed monster here with Hunter being the change of pace back and Gore and Jacobs splitting the bruiser role.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good short yardage back. and a good compliment to hunter and gore. now if we can draft jonas gray later in the draft he'll be able to step in for gore in another year after he gets back to 100%.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
good short yardage back. and a good compliment to hunter and gore. now if we can draft jonas gray later in the draft he'll be able to step in for gore in another year after he gets back to 100%.

I'd say above average rather than good. He converted just over half of his 3rd and short carries last year. He'll occasionally have a run where he uses his size and power effectively, but it's too infrequent for my taste. Like Dixon, I think he runs like a guy who weighs 50 pounds less than he does. Or he tries to.

The staff doesn't seem to love Dixon, and I can't blame them too much for that, but he and Jacobs seem similar to me in terms of running style. Jacobs is more effective today, but he's also five years and 973 touches older.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it! He brings toughness and an attitude to the team as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's also worth noting that Jacobs only carried nine times on third and fourth down last season. On both fourth-down runs he was thrown for a loss (not including the fourth-down run against the Niners). He gained ten yards on one of his third-down rushes, and averaged just over a yard on the other six. I wouldn't get too excited about him as a third-down back. He's not very good at moving the pile. He's better when you can spread the field a bit and get him to the second level where his size and strength are a real problem. But that's true of Dixon, too, IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like it! He brings toughness and an attitude to the team as well.

I just can't agree with that. He brings size and some power. Toughness? I don't think so.

Once again I find myself pissed off that Blount reneged on his agreement with the Niners because of Coffee and Dixon. Ugh.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
april fools?

Uhm don't like the characters we're bringing over.... i hope we're not panicing over here

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
april fools?

Uhm don't like the characters we're bringing over.... i hope we're not panicing over here

We just have the belief that Harbaugh like Belichick can take on anyone and get them to behave and perform at a high level.

And if they don't we don't hesitate to cut them.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
april fools?

Low risk high reward. If they act up then they are cut. If they play good, well then good for us. They are not even locks to make the team. Competition, competition, competition.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's only a 1 year deal....let's see what he can bring to the table..I'm not a big fan of jacobs cause he is a loud mouth idiot but so was davis until sing put him in his place!!

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if he makes the 53 man roster. He'll have to compete for a spot.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll take him.

My best friend is a Giants fan and Ive seen my fair share of NYG games over the last few years. The key to success with Jacobs is this: Line him up DEEP in the backfield and run straight dive plays with him. He's hard as hell to bring down like that. The Giants were stupid, they'd line him up and run draw plays and delays..thats not his cup of tea. Just straight ahead, hard-nosed running is his thing..definite upgrade over Gore in goal line situations IF we use him as I say we should.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toughness? I see more toughness from kickers...

Attitude yes, the bad kind.

and his mouth!

and dancing shoes...

Who- Martin Gramatica? He's the kind of player that others team hate, but his own team loves.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll there was a discussion about giants line blocking worse than ours, i guess we will see if our line helps him